You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Collusion

Comments

• Options
    gazscoopgazscoop Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Collusion:
    i dont agree with a lifetime sky ban being the correct course of action. a chat-box ban yes, but if you did this in live poker you'd be warned and asked to stop first, with the current hand to be made dead. anyhow, if u reported that was all that's needed, sky moderators will handle it no doubt about that. whether you're put through the sat is another story, i doubt you'd be on the forum if you didn't run into aces and go bust. for one thing, you shouldn't be making "small" raises when it's 3 way anyway, so it probably didnt change the outcome of the game much imo since by the time you reach 3-way on sky its always <10bb poker making it very much steal+preflop-shove poker.
    Posted by Deadluck
    I was on the skychat as soon as it all started I mentioned in the chatbox about the softplay and jokes were made about it, so to say I wouldnt have mentioned this if I qualified is totally wrong as I had already started the proces via skychat.

As for the small raises, perhaps I shouldnt have said small but anything other than an allin was a no go, as I knew i was getting 2 callers, 4 cards against 2, and that were prepared to check down the pot, so I had to hit no matter what as the odds are against me, therefore allin ensures I get to see the 5 cards.

Again its not a strategy post!

It really has nothing to do with how the game played out, but the collusion that occurred,
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    report  it
    Posted by scrumdown
    Ive put in opening post that I reported it via skychat, they have said I will receive an email back with outcome.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    i dont agree with a lifetime sky ban being the correct course of action. a chat-box ban yes, but if you did this in live poker you'd be warned and asked to stop first, with the current hand to be made dead. anyhow, if u reported that was all that's needed, sky moderators will handle it no doubt about that. whether you're put through the sat is another story, i doubt you'd be on the forum if you didn't run into aces and go bust. for one thing, you shouldn't be making "small" raises when it's 3 way anyway, so it probably didnt change the outcome of the game much imo since by the time you reach 3-way on sky its always <10bb poker making it very much steal+preflop-shove poker.
    Posted by Deadluck
    ok i suppose a lifetime ban might be a bit harsh.but then again who wants to encourage cheating? on second thoughts again BAN THEM
  • Options
    COSMICKENCOSMICKEN Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2009
    if
    we had a web cam site we could name and shame the cheats
    stop huffin and puffin you its only a matter of time 
    cosmicken
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    if these 2 were found guilty would gazscoop be allowed through?
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited November 2009
    imo you should of named them in original post,then we would know what we are up against if we meet them in the future,also if you named them the mods might not like it so you would get some sort of quick reaction??
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    hiya gazscoop.

is that really right?  They have apparently colluded in a qualifier, yet have somehow managed to get into the semifin al, and to boot, have found themselves on the same table?! 

Surely sky should have investigsted this by now.  If i was you, i'd be tempted to get back on to live chat with sky and ask if they have investigsted this yet, as if they are still playing, they could easily be doing the same thing again.

Sky-rich is a really good guy, and tends to get things resolved, so if yoiu get no joy from live chat, you might want to send him a private message asking for assistance. 

I hope sky-rich wouldnt mind me posting this, as surely this is something that undermines the site, and needs to be eradicated.

Good luck in getting justice

Ray
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    hiya gazscoop. is that really right?  They have apparently colluded in a qualifier, yet have somehow managed to get into the semifin al, and to boot, have found themselves on the same table?!  Surely sky should have investigsted this by now.  If i was you, i'd be tempted to get back on to live chat with sky and ask if they have investigsted this yet, as if they are still playing, they could easily be doing the same thing again. Sky-rich is a really good guy, and tends to get things resolved, so if yoiu get no joy from live chat, you might want to send him a private message asking for assistance.  I hope sky-rich wouldnt mind me posting this, as surely this is something that undermines the site, and needs to be eradicated. Good luck in getting justice Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Hi Ray,
    Can i ask how you know which players are involved. To my knowledge Gaz has not named these players.

col
  • Options
    PokerPartyPokerParty Member Posts: 84
    edited November 2009
    It depends how much of an example you want to make - if it's football you turn a blind eye and the result stands, if it's golf your dq'd and won't find anybody else to play with - my 2 pence worth is dq them both it's blatant cheating.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Col

This is a strange one. 

My post was in response to a post made by gazscoop in which he stated that the two were now playing on the same table in a semi.  That post has now been removed as far as i can see, so reading the thread it appears that it is me making the observation.

To be clear, i do not know the alleged colluders names, or for certain that it did take place.  I used the word "apparently" in my post to emphasise that i was talking on the hypothetical "if" they had cheated, as I am not in a position to state facts.

But "if" what gazscoop says is correct, I would be angry that they are playing in a semi and therefore potentially affecting the chances of other players qualifying.

That said, it seems strange that the post gazscoop has now been deleted, and i dont know what the significance of that would be.

Cheers Col

Ray
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    personally and to the point i think it's cheating. Not only would i want these players taken out of the competition but also banned from the site!! what they did is bang out of order and defo not in the spirit of the game or indeed the site!!!
  • Options
    GR8TFL0PGR8TFL0P Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2009
    personally and to the point i think it's cheating. Not only would i want these players taken out of the competition but also banned from the site!! what they did is bang out of order and defo not in the spirit of the game or indeed the site!!!

If the chat was, as posted
    How could anyone continue to play here if sky do anything less than above?
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Collusion : If the chat was, as posted How could anyone continue to play here if sky do anything less than above?
    Posted by GR8TFL0P
    well thats at least 3 of us who think they should be banned from sky poker.moaners we can tolerate,cheats we cannot
  • Options
    KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited November 2009

What I would hope happens from this is both guilty parties recieve 3 year chat bans so they cannot collude in the near future.

Also if both or either managed to "win" their seat into the SPT live event, I feel the player "Gazscoop" who was cheated out of a Semi Final seat should be awarded the SPT live event seat.

If the other player is also found guilty AND also won a seat to the live event, I'd have hoped his seat would be awarded to the player who was eliminated on the prize bubble as the player that beat him had unfairly "won" his seat into the event.

This is my opinion.

• Options
    Sky_mod1Sky_mod1 Member Posts: 88
    edited November 2009
    Hi gazscoop..

Collusion is definitely not tolerated at Sky Poker!

I see you mentioned that you have reported this via the Live Chat, but, if you still haven't received a response, please don't hesitate to send an email with all the necessary details.

If collusion is found- action will be taken.

Customer Care do indeed have access to the entire chat history of any table as long as you can provide us with the player names and table name.

It is important that everyone remember, if ever you suspect that there might be some dodgy play happening at your table, we will be more than happy to investigate immediately.

Take Care :)

Sky Mod

• Options
    edited November 2009
    n Response to Re: Collusion:
    Hi gazscoop .. Collusion is definitely not tolerated at Sky Poker! I see you mentioned that you have reported this via the Live Chat, but, if you still haven't received a response, please don't hesitate to send an email with all the necessary details. If collusion is found- action will be taken. Customer Care do indeed have access to the entire chat history of any table as long as you can provide us with the player names and table name. It is important that everyone remember, if ever you suspect that there might be some dodgy play happening at your table, we will be more than happy to investigate immediately. Take Care :) Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod1
    email sent.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi Col This is a strange one.  My post was in response to a post made by gazscoop in which he stated that the two were now playing on the same table in a semi.  That post has now been removed as far as i can see, so reading the thread it appears that it is me making the observation. To be clear, i do not know the alleged colluders names, or for certain that it did take place.  I used the word "apparently" in my post to emphasise that i was talking on the hypothetical "if" they had cheated, as I am not in a position to state facts. But "if" what gazscoop says is correct, I would be angry that they are playing in a semi and therefore potentially affecting the chances of other players qualifying. That said, it seems strange that the post gazscoop has now been deleted, and i dont know what the significance of that would be. Cheers Col Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    hi Ray,
    Thanks m8 for clearing that up, it did look a bit strange. Ive had a post taken off here as well.
    col
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi Guys,
    My post that contained a fellow players name, that had chips dumped on them, has been deleted by the mods.
    To date this is the first time ive had any post taken off and im a bit disappointed.
    Why, well this incident was a well known case during the qualification for leg 1, it had its own thread running for a while, and i also said in my post that the player i named had no part in the incident. So to the person who complained to the mods, thank you and in future if you have a problem why not try PMing me to discuss things rather than running to the mods.
    If there was no mention of this player in another thread then i would NEVER have put his name in there, but having met and talked to the man he is a genuine and nice fellow and if it was him i upset then i humbly apologise to him.

col
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2009
    i can,t fathom out what satisfaction these 2 players get from cheating.personnally i wouldn,t be able to play properly in the semi knowing i cheated...very very sad indeed
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks to sky mods this has been resolved.