You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO.......

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO.......:
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : treat it as phun fil12uk
    Posted by themackem
    lol - nice letter usage m8.

i intend to play as a laugh but think some may be more interested in prize money and not appreciate being teamed up on. 

i would suggest play for ur team and anything goes with the 1 rule being - no stating ur hand at any time still.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    i also had worries about that phil, a mean lets be sensible this orford guy will try anything to get one over on tikay, i heard a little rumour yesterday that has gave the sky suits an ultimatum, either he gets double chip stack of tikay to start with or he walks? not sure how true this is but tikay kindly offered to clear his desk lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819
    edited November 2009

I'm a little taken aback at this discussion of Team Tactics & so on.

It's just a bit of fun guys, act as you see fit, but whatever happens, don't lets get into spats & barneys.

If that happens, I can't imagine Sky Poker will be in a rush to repeat it. And by my reckoning, there is nearly £4,000 in this - alll FREE. ; So if they did it, say, 4 times, that's over £15,000. All for free.......

Let's just pretend to be grown-ups. Even Orford.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : This will be a bit strange IMO as if you dont know who is on whose team when at the tables, how do you know who to attack say on the bubble? It will be like plaing football and kicking in the same goal. And what will be the poker etiquette in these tourneys regarding playing for 'your' team?...
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Easy - attack EVERYBODY*

* Attack The Opeless Orford's a bit more.
  • Options
    RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I think if anyone wanted to collude in this, they'd have to be pretty sad. Just play it as a normal game, the Gods of Poker have more than enough tricks up their sleeve to make it interesting! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have been praying to the poker gods and I due a result, I only hope I get dealt 74 spades to jam in with at some point ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm a little taken aback at this discussion of Team Tactics & so on. It's just a bit of fun guys, act as you see fit, but whatever happens, don't lets get into spats & barneys. If that happens, I can't imagine Sky Poker will be in a rush to repeat it. And by my reckoning, there is nearly £4,000 in this - alll FREE. ; So if they did it, say, 4 times, that's over £15,000. All for free....... Let's just pretend to be grown-ups. Even Orford.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol team tactics? - can I use this opportunity to suggest team tic tacs for orfords mob?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hey, the last thing i want to do is put a dampener on this as this is a GREAT addition to sky poker.  You said ask anything Tikay at the start so we're all clear of the rules. At the end of the day, I'm aiming for me 1st, and all Orfordites there with me. The banter this has created on the forum has been fantastic too :)
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited November 2009
    Agreed- best way to play this so there's no arguments, is go all out for yourself as you would in a normal tourney.

If you happen to knock out a member of your team, I'm sure it will balance out over the course of the tourney with Team Tikay members taking each other out as well.

Don't forget, it's how much we win as a team! So, if knocking out members of your team means you finish 1st, then all the better!

*That said, whichever member of Team Orford takes the prize scalp of Tikay will be lorded on the forums, and talked about in whispered tones of reverence for generations to come. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!

• Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited November 2009
    Tikay

There is more chance of me being dealt pocket jokers than your team winning (actually get this over to Area51 as there are some people who think that may actually happen on Sky!)

Super Solar goes ballistic, Tikays are atrocious
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hey, the last thing i want to do is put a dampener on this as this is a GREAT addition to sky poker.  You said ask anything Tikay at the start so we're all clear of the rules. At the end of the day, I'm aiming for me 1st, and all Orfordites there with me. The banter this has created on the forum has been fantastic too :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes, it was a good clear question, & a good clear answer.

I'll just play as I always do, that's the best way.

A while back, two very close friends of mine were on the Bubble of a £1,000 Live Tourney at a Midlands Venue. The lowest money prize was £3,500.

Friend A, in the SB, had A-K, & LOTS of Chips. (He went on to win it, in fact). Friend B, in the BB, was down to 5 x BB. Oddly, I owned 10% of each of them!

Friend A, thinking he was doing Friend B a favour, Passed his AK, giving Friend B the Blinds.

Friend B flipped over his Cards. Two Red Aces......

Friend B exited next hand, & got nothing.

Just play it straight, it's best.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I have been praying to the poker gods and I due a result, I only hope I get dealt 74 spades to jam in with at some point ;-)
    Posted by Rattious
    I'm pretty sure there are only 13 spades in the deck so that would be really dubious. ;-)
    Good luck, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : Yes, it was a good clear question, & a good clear answer. I'll just play as I always do, that's the best way. A while back, two very close friends of mine were on the Bubble of a £1,000 Live Tourney at a Midlands Venue. The lowest money prize was £3,500. Friend A, in the SB, had A-K, & LOTS of Chips. (He went on to win it, in fact). Friend B, in the BB, was down to 5 x BB. Oddly, I owned 10% of each of them! Friend A, thinking he was doing Friend B a favour, Passed his AK, giving Friend B the Blinds. Friend B flipped over his Cards. Two Red Aces...... Friend B exited next hand, & got nothing. Just play it straight, it's best.
    Posted by Tikay10
    As straight as an Orford straight? ;)
  • Options
    mary611mary611 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2009
    when the emails gettin sent out tikay ?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    when the emails gettin sent out tikay ?
    Posted by mary611
    This afternoon, Mary.

I believe both of those who selected Team Orford have already been informed.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I'm pretty sure there are only 13 spades in the deck so that would be really dubious. ;-) Good luck, though.
    Posted by MereNovice
    There is actually 14 spades (1 is the spade that the loser will need to dig a hole with after the 5th leg!!)
  • Options
    JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
    edited November 2009

once team orford win the first 3 legs, is there any point in the last 2 legs???

or do we wanna go for the whitewash??

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I have been praying to the poker gods and I due a result, I only hope I get dealt 74 spades to jam in with at some point ;-)
    Posted by Rattious
    Ahh, someone has read my latest Blog!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I'm pretty sure there are only 13 spades in the deck so that would be really dubious. ;-) Good luck, though.
    Posted by MereNovice
    13 you say, I will have to take my socks off to count that high! ;-)
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : 13 you say, I will have to take my socks off to count that high! ;-)
    Posted by Rattious
    All those spades will be needed for digging a hole for Tikay's team because we're going to bury them. ;-)
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    once team orford win the first 3 legs, is there any point in the last 2 legs??? or do we wanna go for the whitewash??
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    no its would be time to wake up from the dream.

team orford has got a great chance of winning the roulette event tho tbf