You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

All things Ryder Cup - (re named at Dohhhh's request copy/paste to Splashes regular post below)

joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
edited October 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Anyone fancy trying to predict tomorrow mornings pairings? I'll go for Westwood/Molinari then Donald/Garcia then Mclroy/McDowell and Poulter/Rose as rear gunners. Not sure how anyone can say the US have a stronger team looking at those pairings. As for the US, I'll guess they'll go Mickleson/Bradley then Watson/Simpson Woods/Stricker finally Snedeker/Johnson

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2012
    westwood garcia id say! theyve played together before think he could keep to tried and tested with this one.  donald poults. gmac and rory. rose with hanson or molinari its tough enough to predict.

ive had a cheeky 5er on Hanson to score winning point/half point on Sunday with skybet, 40/1. obviously a pure guessing game but just had a notion that he could be left to late on in the line up
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited September 2012
    You wanna edit the title of this Joesman and use it as the betting thread for the weekend? 

Hate it when people spam the forum with 6 diff things for the same event, best to keep them all together. 

Can't wait for this, the opening ceremony tonight really got me excited. 

I'm disappointed that the foursomes come first, I'd like to see 4balls and some of the new guys get a game, but nvm.

I haven't had a bet yet, I wont bet on anything that means I'd have to support the Yanks in any game. So this excludes like Europeans top scorer, incase like my guy and others are even going into the singles....

Pretty much leaves me with just match bets/accas! :(

Can anyone think of any interesting markets I might be able to have a go on?

Has anyone had any bets so far?

edit*

fml forgot about the splashmans golf thread. 

Ignore all that sh!!!t then. :)

• Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Bit of fun - Ryder Cup pairings:
    You wanna edit the title of this Joesman and use it as the betting thread for the weekend?  Hate it when people spam the forum with 6 diff things for the same event, best to keep them all together.  Can't wait for this, the opening ceremony tonight really got me excited.  I'm disappointed that the foursomes come first, I'd like to see 4balls and some of the new guys get a game, but nvm. I haven't had a bet yet, I wont bet on anything that means I'd have to support the Yanks in any game. So this excludes like Europeans top scorer, incase like my guy and others are even going into the singles.... Pretty much leaves me with just match bets/accas! :( Can anyone think of any interesting markets I might be able to have a go on? Has anyone had any bets so far? edit* fml forgot about the splashmans golf thread.  Ignore all that sh!!!t then. :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1  cos idonk will use up all my laptop memory by posting 15000 odd threads

the word odd was initially used to portray the word approximately but is open to interpretation ..............
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    1 thread to put a tip up!

And another 1 to say "get in it won" 

:)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bless him
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited September 2012
    In Response to All things Ryder Cup - (re named at Dohhhh's request):
    Anyone fancy trying to predict tomorrow mornings pairings? I'll go for Westwood/Molinari then Donald/Garcia then Mclroy/McDowell and Poulter/Rose as rear gunners. Not sure how anyone can say the US have a stronger team looking at those pairings. As for the US, I'll guess they'll go Mickleson/Bradley then Watson/Simpson Woods/Stricker finally Snedeker/Johnson
    Posted by joesman1
    Any prizes for correctly guessing Europe's pairings?? Shame I got 1st & 3rd wrong way round. The US was harder to predict but got the two easy ones in. 

I think the 1st and 2nd matches are shoe ins. . And also Westwood and Molinari should take care of their match. So 3 - 1 or even 3.5 - 1.5 to Europe??
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    gone for 10er treble to get ball rolling..........

north of ireland select win 4/5
    Bradickleson VS Donarcia  tie 11/2
    steve stricks and big eldrick win  10/11

tad over 21/1
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    rory and gmac ripping it apart
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: All things Ryder Cup - (re named at Dohhhh's request):
    In Response to All things Ryder Cup - (re named at Dohhhh's request) : Any prizes for correctly guessing Europe's pairings?? Shame I got 1st & 3rd wrong way round. The US was harder to predict but got the two easy ones in.  I think the 1st and 2nd matches are shoe ins. . And also Westwood and Molinari should take care of their match. So 3 - 1 or even 3.5 - 1.5 to Europe??
    Posted by joesman1
    i didnt even notice this to now well done you must have inside info!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: All things Ryder Cup - (re named at Dohhhh's request copy/paste to Splashes regular post below):
    rory and gmac ripping it apart
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    lol super scud!!!
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Bit of fun - Ryder Cup pairings:
    You wanna edit the title of this Joesman and use it as the betting thread for the weekend?  Hate it when people spam the forum with 6 diff things for the same event, best to keep them all together.  Can't wait for this, the opening ceremony tonight really got me excited.  I'm disappointed that the foursomes come first, I'd like to see 4balls and some of the new guys get a game, but nvm. I haven't had a bet yet, I wont bet on anything that means I'd have to support the Yanks in any game. So this excludes like Europeans top scorer, incase like my guy and others are even going into the singles.... Pretty much leaves me with just match bets/accas! :( Can anyone think of any interesting markets I might be able to have a go on? Has anyone had any bets so far? edit* fml forgot about the splashmans golf thread.  Ignore all that sh!!!t then. :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

Copied from Spashies thread :

Kinda changed my mind on Poulter as the course is set up for long hitters and the experts keep saying it could turn into a putting competition and going of some of the advice on this thread i,ve gone for these bets :
     MarketSelectionTypeBet IDBet
    placed
     Odds
    req.
    Stake
    (£)
    Liability
    (£)
    Avg. odds
    matched
    Date
    matched

Group B / Ryder Cup 2012 / Correct Score Europe 16 - 12Back22393656211 27-Sep-12
    20:14
     222.00 2227-Sep-12 20:14  

Ryder Cup 2012 / Top European Scorer / Winner Luke DonaldBack22393602103 27-Sep-12
    20:12
     6.45.00 6.427-Sep-12 20:12  

Ryder Cup 2012 / Top European Scorer / Winner Nicolas ColsaertsBack22393579168 27-Sep-12
    20:11
     203.00 2027-Sep-12 20:11  

Group B / Ryder Cup 2012 / Top Debutant Brandt SnedekerBack22393556345 27-Sep-12
    20:10
     4.25.00 4.227-Sep-12 20:10
    Shudda waited for pairings as I would have stuck with Poulter against Luke Donald . Think Segio Garcia is the weak link in the team ( Easy to say now, but he was already winging earlier in the week about the American crowd and hoping they would respect both teams equally - What does he expect in Chicago?

Paul
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: All things Ryder Cup - (re named at Dohhhh's request copy/paste to Splashes regular post below):
    lol super scud!!!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    You got away with it this time.

DONT DO IT AGAIN!!!

WW and Mol poor, Tiger even worse, kak start for me. 

Lets see the 2nd lot plz sky........................
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ye of little faith
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LOL at this tweet from Paddy Power

Paddy Power paddypower

All this ‘Get in the ho’ upset Tiger today. How can we distract the rest of the God Squad this weekend?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    4 European wins this time!

Av ad a few. 

£6 n a bit returns £240
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    4 European wins this time! Av ad a few.  £6 n a bit returns £240
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol - That explains it - v goods oods tho

USA look super strong this afternoon and although a lot of it is going down to the putting i,ve gone gone for this bet on the basis Tiger will have a bad round
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Woods/Stricker v Westwood/Colsaerts
    Westwood/ColsaertsMatch Odds 2.56£10.00£15.60
    id have put the Irish pair last here (Half an hour brk doesn,t seem long enough )- or even played Mclroy with Donald
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i looked at in running price of lawrie and hanson after 3 holes and if it offered me anyway in the region of 500/1 i was going to have a tickle. 7/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaahahahahhaha robbing crooks
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    having said that a quid at 2000/1 on them woulda been a bad bet
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    colsaerts m inus 9 on his todd!!!!!!!! unbelievable