You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2012
    Shuv do you also do the jackpot's or any type of accumulator on these meetings, or are they all straight out singles?
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    How much is that laid out Shuv??? I counted it yesterday, but cba today there's so much. You prob know...........!! ha! I will post my horses here rather than the racing thread, just so I can follow yours and mine without having loads of windows open. I can delete it afterwards if you think it makes the thread look a mess! Donc'sterrrrrrrrrr Lexington Bay @ 9/2 Zakatal @ 7/1 Tahiti Pearl @ 2/1 Honest John @ 7/2 Good luck today!  edit* was too curious, decided to get the abacus out.  1,290 ! jeeeez. run good 1time!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    A bit less now Musselburgh has been cancelled which is a shame as they were some of the stronger fancies.

Not a good start to the morning, but hopfully this afternoon will be better.

Dont delete your bet I like to see what others have bet, good luck with your selections
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Shuv do you also do the jackpot's or any type of accumulator on these meetings, or are they all straight out singles?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I use to do placepots and jackpot all the time, but other than the scoop6 on a saturday dont really do them now, except maybe at a big meeting.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It really isnt looking like its going to be a good day....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So far today have laid £1220 out and at the time of writing after my darts bet just came in and 3 in a row at Wolverhampton, I’ve had £1091.71 returned and with £260 worth or horse racing bet still to run it could still be a good day. 

A few more bets to be placed yet tho 

Darts  
    Tough night tonight in my opinion, a few games could go either way so just small stake doubles from me tonight. 

Dolan 13/8 (won)
    Burnett 9/4 (lost)
    Jones 11/4 (won)
    Beaton 9/4 (won)
    Six £5 doubles (3 winning doubles returned £152.82)

Boxing

Freddy Flitntoff 7/5 £20 (won returned £48)

Football 
    Boro 7/4
    Brentford 6/5 
    £50 double
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Been a good night at Wolverhampton with 5 winners a row to ensure profit for the day, the footy bet would be a nice bonus

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Quite a day today by far the most ive laid out and for half way through the afternoon it looked like it was gonig to be a disaster, but things pulled around for a nice profit.

Wolverhampton was pretty good tonight with 5 winenrs in a row, said a few times thats my fav track, and its gone up even more in my estimations now.

Darts went well with a winnin treble then when I had the small doubles 3 out of 4 won, to give me a decent profit for small stakes.

Things looking rosey gonig into tomorrow, the last 3 days ive bet on every race but will pull things back a bit tomorrow and Pick a selection from each meeting....well thats the plan.

Todays figures

Daily amount laid out = £1320
    Daily Returns = £1692.53
    Daily profit/loss = £372.53
    Monthly profit/loss = £963.53
    Total profit/loss = £747.18

• Options
    edited December 2012

Noticed there was an error in my sums, the monthly profit for this month - the losing profit form last didnt = my total profit.

Just spent 45 minutes going through all the sums to see where I went wrong and it was on page 3 of this diary!!! so I've had to re calculate every update of the diary since then, and im not £55 quid worse of to what I thought I was.  I still need to edit all the monthl totals except the last one that is right, but all the total profits have been edited correctly.

Delighted to be almost £750 in profit, had some luck along the way but then theres been some bad luck as well, still hoping to make 2k by christmas, fingers crossed.

Shuv

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Been quite successful last few days punting on every race, but im not going to get to see much racing today (except Wolverhampton) so will be cutting it back a little.

Towcester

11.55 - Valrene - 5/4 £40 (2nd)

Newcaslte

12.35 - Twice Lucky 9/2 £20 (No Where)

13.45 - Samenerve 5/2 £20 (No Where)

Fairy House

13.20 - Protaras 12/1 £10ew (No Where)

2.30 - Celtic Cailin 12/1 £10ew (second returned £40)

Newbury

12.15 - Red Mile - 7/1 £20 (No Where)

12.50 - She Ranks Me 9/1 £10ew (won at 10/1 returns £145)

1.25 - Merry King 7/1 £20 (2nd)

2.35 - Arduli 7/2 £20 (3rd)

3.10 - Tidal Bay 10/1 £20ew (use a bookie that pays first 5) (second returned £70)

3.10 - Diamond Harry 25/1 £5ew (use a bookie that pays first 5) (no where)

3.40 - Oh Crick 12/1 £10ew (2nd returned £40)

Wolverhampton

5.50 - Sauta 5/1 £20 (No Where)

6.20 - Not Rigg 11/4 £30 (No Where)

6.50 - Miss Blakeney 4/1 £20 (No Where)

Darts

Good day on the darts yesterday not quite so confident today

Huybrechts (won)
    Anderson (won)
    Taylor (won)
    King (won)

£20 at 5.34/1 (won returned £126.80)

Snooker

Higgins (won)
    Junhui (lost)
    Maguire (won)
    Selby (won)

£50 at 2.74/1

Still to pick my football bets out, need to pop shopping with the wife will put them up once I return.

Football

Crawley
    Arsenal
    Luton
    Kilmarnock
    St Mirren

£30 banker at 6.75/1

Westbrom
    Palace
    Watford
    £20 at 10.45/1

Wolverhampton
    Villa
    Gillingham
    £10 at 43.24/1

BTTS

Fulham v Spurs
    City v Everton
    Millwall v Charlton
    Forrest v Hul
    Rochdale v York
    Wycombe v Bristol Rovers
    Oldham v Doncaster
    Preston v Gillingham

£5 Eightfold pays £283.19

Over 2.5 goals

Fulham v Spurs
    QPR v Villa
    Bolton v Ipswich
    Peterborough v Blackpool
    Torquay v Dagenham
    Crawley v Chelmsford
    Oldham v Doncaster
    Sheff United v Port Vale

£5 Eightfold pays £386.67

Daily amount laid out = £480
    Daily Returns = £381.80
    Daily profit/loss = -£98.20
    Monthly profit/loss = -£98.20
    Total profit/loss = £648.98
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Football bets been added to todays post, not a bad start to the day first 3 failed but then a 10/1 winner.
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    Quick question Shuv : You seem looking through this thread as if you always have the best price :) No offence intented just playing devils advocat :)

Are all your bets based on the SP ??
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Quick question Shuv : You seem looking through this thread as if you always have the best price :) No offence intented just playing devils advocat :) Are all your bets based on the SP ??
    Posted by goodylad21
    Not sure why you think I'd be offended I'm certianly not.

I use www.oddschecker.com on nearly all my bets, I have accounts with all the bookies listed there. When I'm picking my bets (ill pick tomorrows football bet for an example, I find my picks and this instance its Norwich, Cardiff and MK Dons, it then scans the bookies for you and lets you know which are giving the best odds. (appologies if you already know this) Its gives you decimal odds tho so use http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/02/03/07/manual_140629.html to convert it into fractions.

I dont use this for my btts or over 2.5 goals bets tho because you cant simply add them to the basket and would take forever checking through each bookies for 12 timers.  I live around the corner from a bookies and theese bets are normally placed there.

With racing Ill always use best odds guaranteed bookies its crazy using any other since the prices can change so so much.  Mnay times in this diary alone I've taken an early morning price and its drifted massively and gone on to win.

I'd be happy to say which bookie I was using for every bet but not so sure sky would like it, as they wouldnt get many mentions.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,333
    edited December 2012
    BOG IS THE ONLY WAY TO BET REALLY , IF YOU USE A NON BOG BOOKIE YOU ARE GIVING THEM AN ADVANTAGE 
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,543
    edited December 2012
    Bet 365 and William Hill are 2 who give you BOG!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Sunday 2nd December 
    Having a duvet days with the kids today, Christmas films (god help me) and lots of unhealthy food so won’t really get to see any sporting action today, so won’t be as many bets as I’d like.  Will update yesterday action a little later. 

Horses 
    Fairyhouse 
    1.05 - Champagne Fever 6/4 £40 (lost)
    2.40 - Voler La Vedette 7/4 £40 (lost)

Leicester 
    1.50 - Huckleberry 16/1 £10ew (lost)
    2.55 - Chase Gate 22/1 £5ew (nr £10 back)

Kempton 
    1.30 - Henryville 15/8 £40 (lost)
    £10 on all the fav’s winning at Kempton at SP (lost)

Snooker 
    Murphy (won)
    Carter
    Bingham
    Allen 
    £40 at 2.56/1

Darts 
    Huybrechts (won)
    Pipe (won)
    Whitlock (won)
    Taylor  (won just)
    £10 at 5.86/1 (won 68.60)

Football 
    Norwich (won)
    MK Dons (won)
    Cardiff (won)
    £20 at 4.88/1 (won returned £117.60)

Inter (won)
    Fiorentina
    NEC (drew)
    Cardiff (won)
    £20 at 4.53/1

Daily amount laid out = £400
    Daily Returns = £416.20
    Daily profit/loss = £16.20
    Monthly profit/loss = -£82.00
    Total profit/loss = £665.18
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    3.05 - Cousin Khee 7/4 £80 (won returned £220)
    4.05 - Daw Commander 11/4 £40 (lost)

3.40 - Talbot Road 4/1 £20 (lost)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wow at Taylor, certainly had some luck landing that bet just a shame I didnt fancy itr that much so only put a tenner on it, had 3 sets of darts bets and won them all, makes up for how poor I was at the last event.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Darts Semi

Huybrechts
    Whitlock

£10 5.64/1

Expect my darts run to come to an end here, Pipe coould easily beat Huybrechts and backing against the power is never a good thing, just gives me an added bit of interest when watching tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Knew it would be tough on Whitlock but wow expected better than that...small profit today of £16.20 unless my snooker bet comes in but Allen is currently losing 3-1 so doesnt look good, forgot he had accused Fu of cheating before, wouldnt have backed him if id remembered Fu was always going to be up for this.
  • Options
    What_ifWhat_if Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2012
    Knew it would be tough on Whitlock but wow expected better than that...small profit today of £16.20 unless my snooker bet comes in but Allen is currently losing 3-1 so doesnt look good, forgot he had accused Fu of cheating before, wouldnt have backed him if id remembered Fu was always going to be up for this.
    Posted by shuv
    This match was good to watch, marco fu had 7 60+ breaks including back to back centuries (i think). Currently the second highest century maker this season if i'm not mistaken, could go far in the tournament playing like he did tonight.

Good luck with your bets - it's fun to follow your thread, keep it up!