You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2012

Maybe just an over enthusiastic connection on the day of a big race, I don't like parting with money so you've given me reason enough to fade the single ;)

Will just put it in the usual bet. 

Done the Father V version of a L15 with stake weighted towards doubles and trebles. 

£10 total in  Singles, ew doubles/trebles/4f on......

£2 ew on....

Punjabi - 28/1 

50p ew double ....

Punjabi - 28/1
    Third Intention 25/1

And.....

Everton 
    Donny (Gulp)
    QPR
    Wolves

£4 @ 16/1.

Same as above but w/ Leeds added for interest in the early kick off. 

£1 @ 63/1.

Thats my £20 donation for today! :) 

gl today all, gr8 day of sport/beer/poker ftw!!!
  • What_ifWhat_if Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2012
    Hey Shuv, i heard a certain powerful bookmaker named paddy were offering 4/1 on long run winning, does this offer not stand any longer? 
  • shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Hey Shuv, i heard a certain powerful bookmaker named paddy were offering 4/1 on long run winning, does this offer not stand any longer? 
    Posted by What_if
    no you cant gewt that now :( There offer now is a refund if your horse finishes 2nd to long run
    edited December 2012
    Maybe just an over enthusiastic connection on the day of a big race, I don't like parting with money so you've given me reason enough to fade the single ;) Will just put it in the usual bet.  Done the Father V version of a L15 with stake weighted towards doubles and trebles.  £10 total in  Singles, ew doubles/trebles/4f on...... Dodging Bullets @ 9/1 The Giant Bolster @ 8/1 Poungach @ 11/2 Aikideau @ 10/1 £2 ew on.... Punjabi - 28/1  50p ew double .... Punjabi - 28/1 Third Intention 25/1 And..... Everton  Donny (Gulp) QPR Wolves £4 @ 16/1. Same as above but w/ Leeds added for interest in the early kick off.  £1 @ 63/1. Thats my £20 donation for today! :)  gl today all, gr8 day of sport/beer/poker ftw!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good Luck with all of theese mate
  • What_ifWhat_if Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : no you cant gewt that now :( There offer now is a refund if your horse finishes 2nd to long run
    Posted by shuv
    Ahh right, you must've missed the 3's on offer at WH this morning too then :(, bit ul there.

Good luck with your punting, 4k profit before the years out? :P.
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Ahh right, you must've missed the 3's on offer at WH this morning too then :(, bit ul there. Good luck with your punting, 4k profit before the years out? :P.
    Posted by What_if
    Would be nice :) Thank you
    edited December 2012
    Darts

Newton
    Whitlock
    Lewis

£50 returns £161.53
    edited December 2012
    Football

Everton
    United
    Bournemouth
    Sheffield United
    Gillingham

£50 banker returns £416.66

Tranmere
    Wolves
    Cheltenham

£30 treble retruns £226.80

Blackpool
    Brentford
    Coventry

£20 treble returns £283.50
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited December 2012

Just a small e/w patent today on your 3 e/w selections.

Great thread mate......Hope it continues next year.

I am still recovering from 3 days of too much beer but here is a brief account of my 'trip' to Wolves last Friday.

Finished work about 12pm. Went hotel where 4 of us were booked in (in Stoke, no laughing at the back please). Order  a taxi for 2pm to get to train station for 2.30.....train to wolves.....taxi to course....1st race 3.15pm. Well, that was the plan! What in fact happened was that the taxi didn't turn up so we stayed in the hotel bar where we got discounted food and free drinks off the management for the inconvenience. We did however manage to bet on every race.....WH was virtually next door to us! We moved further into the town for the final few races and TBH, not sure how much was won/lost as it all went into a 'pot'. There was over  £200 still in this pot before we hit the meal at night. The pot was empty after we left the Gentlemens club at 4am though :)

We are trying to arrange another Wolves night in the New Year!

Lets all hope for a prosperous 2013 for Shuv and all in punters corner.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2012
    Well it's been a washout on the horses, so for interest in the big race I'm gonna have to go back to the initial plan and have a fiver ew on the Giant Bolster @ 7/1!

WIN PLEASE!!!!

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited December 2012
    Doh

The stakes must be weighted towards the Singles not the doubles and trebles.
    edited December 2012
    Morning All

Hope everyones hangovers arent too bad, I was up at 7 for work today so fresh as a daisy, well maybe not fresh but im alive.

Winning day yesterday despite a couple of cockups, didnt realsie Gillingham was early kick off, only team to let my banker down, wouldnt have put them in had I known, only saving grace is id probably have looked for another team and that could have easily been MK Dons, so probably would have lost anyway.

Also for soem reason thoguht the darts were on yesterday, of course it isnt till today, so will include the darts bets in todays numbers.

I was going to bavk every race today but im barely gonig to see any action today, so will just pick a handfull of races from the 6 meetings.

Lingfield

11.45 Saga Lout 4/6 (won)
    12.15 Drawnfromthepast Evens (won)
    12.45 Quality Mark 8/11 (No Where)
    £30 treble
    2.25 Aquilonius 6/4 (won)
    3.00 Captain Kendall 5/4 (won)
    £20 Double (won returned £112.50)

Leopardstown

12.50 Mumbo Jumbo 4/5 (won)
    13.25 Sizing Europe 4/9 (won)
    £50 Double(won returned £112.50)
    15.10 Like Your Style 16/1 £10ew (No Where)

Kempton

13.30 Miss Milborne 7/1 £10ew (No Where)
    14.05 Ghizao 4/1 £20 (No Where)
    14.40 Wishfull Thinking 9/4 £20 (No Where)
    15.15 Brackloon High 7/2 £40 (No Where)
    15.45 Alber Hall 14/1 £10ew (No Where)

Limerick

13.40 Sherika 2/1 £40 (No Where)
    14.50 Days Ahead 16/1 £10ew (NR £20 returned)
    15.20 - Near Perfection 7/4 £40 (No Where)

Wetherby

12.40 Everylasting 25/1 £10ew (No Where)
    13.45 Vizir Destruval 7/4 £40 (3rd)
    14.20 Lease Lend 11/4 £20 (2nd)
    14.55 United Park 6/4 £20 (won returned £50)
    15.25 Seymour Eric 9/4 £20 (NR £20 returned)

Darts

Newton Won
    Whitlock Won
    Lewis won

£50 (won returns £161.53)

Wade Match over 10.5 180's Evens (no good)
    Van Gerwen Match over 130.5 checkout 5/6
    Anderson Match over 132.5 checkout 5/6

£40 treble
    edited December 2012
    Just a small e/w patent today on your 3 e/w selections. Great thread mate......Hope it continues next year. I am still recovering from 3 days of too much beer but here is a brief account of my 'trip' to Wolves last Friday. Finished work about 12pm. Went hotel where 4 of us were booked in (in Stoke, no laughing at the back please). Order  a taxi for 2pm to get to train station for 2.30.....train to wolves.....taxi to course....1st race 3.15pm. Well, that was the plan! What in fact happened was that the taxi didn't turn up so we stayed in the hotel bar where we got discounted food and free drinks off the management for the inconvenience. We did however manage to bet on every race.....WH was virtually next door to us! We moved further into the town for the final few races and TBH, not sure how much was won/lost as it all went into a 'pot'. There was over  £200 still in this pot before we hit the meal at night. The pot was empty after we left the Gentlemens club at 4am though :) We are trying to arrange another Wolves night in the New Year! Lets all hope for a prosperous 2013 for Shuv and all in punters corner.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    As long as people enjoy reading it and continue to contribute to the thread ill keep it going :)

Shame you didnt make it to the racecourse, but sounds like you still had a good day out, overpriced beer at the racetrack or free beer at the hotel hmmmmmmm its a toughy..
    edited December 2012
    Despite a failure at the footy again yesterday still was a ncie profitable day, £1500 laid out £1913.25 returned, 4k profit is now in sight, id love to get it for new year, but think thats aksing a little too much unless I start betting silly ammounts.

Daily amount laid out = £1500
    Daily Returns = £1913.25
    Daily profit/loss = £413.25
    Monthly profit/loss = £2855.83
    Total profit/loss = £3603.01
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited December 2012
    Despite a failure at the footy again yesterday still was a ncie profitable day, £1500 laid out £1913.25 returned, 4k profit is now in sight, id love to get it for new year, but think thats aksing a little too much unless I start betting silly ammounts. Daily amount laid out = £1500 Daily Returns = £1913.25 Daily profit/loss = £413.25 Monthly profit/loss = £2855.83 Total profit/loss = £3603.01
    Posted by shuv
    SILLY AMOUNTS, SILLY AMOUNTS !!!!!!!

In my little world you are betting SILLY AMOUNTS

lol
    edited December 2012
    Wolverhampton

17.00 - Invigilator 11/4 £40 (won returned £150)
    17.30 - Rose Garnet evens £50 (got smashed into 8/13 before comming 2nd to 28/1 shot grrrrrrr)
    19.00 - Alfred Hutchinson 9/4 £40 (won returned £130)
    19.30 - Dream Risk 11/2 £20 (No Where)
    edited December 2012
    Football

2 league games in Belgium

Standard game (won)
    Anderlecht game

£50 over 2.5 goals (won returns £107.33)
  • jongoescomjongoescom Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    hi shuv

good going so far. what are you fancying on the footie the weekend?

keep up the good work
    edited December 2012
    Not the best of days on the horses, finished a little down but winning footy and darts bets ensured profit for the day.

Daily amount laid out = £750
    Daily Returns = £881.36
    Daily profit/loss = £131.36
    Monthly profit/loss = £2987.19
    Total profit/loss = £3734.37
    edited December 2012
    hi shuv good going so far. what are you fancying on the footie the weekend? keep up the good work
    Posted by jongoescom
    Cheers, only had a quick scan over the football ahvent picked anything out yet, I do warn you my record with football on a saturday afternoon since doing this diary has been pretty shocking.  Will try and have a look tomorrow and get my footballs bets up then.