You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New PC needed for 20 tabling!

DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
edited February 2013 in Community Help & Advice
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me out.....I'm looking for a new pc so I can multi table 16+ tables on sky.  I have everything bar the actual tower.  

Would be very grateful for any help/advice and web sites to check out.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    edited February 2013
    Personally id need a time bank to 20 table on sky as im involved in lots of hands even if there was no lag as the clock on here runs down quick.  
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling!:
    Personally id need a time bank to 20 table on sky as im involved in lots of hands even if there was no lag as the clock on here runs down quick.  
    Posted by bearlyther

are you balancing your forum post range? some posts applicable, others utterly unrelated?

Check the other poker PC threads DTM, and then double the specs if you really want to mass table.

You'll need good psu, mboard, processor, gfx card with dual outputs, multiple monitors with high resolution.

• Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2013
    In Response to New PC needed for 20 tabling!:
    Hi Guys, Can anyone help me out.....I'm looking for a new pc so I can multi table 16+ tables on sky.  I have everything bar the actual tower.   Would be very grateful for any help/advice and web sites to check out. Cheers!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    hi mate,
    i bought an i7 from component warehouse.co.uk earlier this year for £580 inc. dedicated graphics card
    and have played 21 tables on it,no problems.

if u need any more details give me a shout.
    gl dev
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022
    edited February 2013
    hi devonfish not to have a go but playing 21 tables on dyms and 21 tables in cash is far different as in dyms your foldingalot of hands where as cash u are playing alot of hands playing 20 tables on cash is gonna be hard imo 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    that may be true but what he is saying is the pc he bought can run 20 tables......whether they are cash or dym tables is irrelevant
  • Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited February 2013
    hi devonfish not to have a go but playing 21 tables on dyms and 21 tables in cash is far different as in dyms your foldingalot of hands where as cash u are playing alot of hands playing 20 tables on cash is gonna be hard imo 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    sorry idcu but that doesnt matter. 21 tables is 21 tables no matter if its cash or dym, they run of the same spec. dev ws highlighting the capabilities of his system and what its able to handle which is what donttelmum is looking for.

as to donttelmum sorry i cant help you out too much as im a bit of a novice when it comes to the tech side of things, but an i7 processor is a good place to start. theres a lot of custom build websites around, but im not qualified to recommend which is best
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : sorry idcu but that doesnt matter. 21 tables is 21 tables no matter if its cash or dym, they run of the same spec. dev ws highlighting the capabilities of his system and what its able to handle which is what donttelmum is looking for. as to donttelmum sorry i cant help you out too much as im a bit of a novice when it comes to the tech side of things, but an i7 processor is a good place to start. theres a lot of custom build websites around, but im not qualified to recommend which is best
    Posted by TINTIN

hes referencing the greater skill level required to multi table cash as opposd to DYMs
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : hes referencing the greater skill level required to multi table cash as opposd to DYMs
    Posted by beaneh
    which has no relevance to this thread....he asked for a pc, dev told him the pc that he uses and donk (in true donk style) chipped in with a remark that had nothing to do with the original question
  • Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : hes referencing the greater skill level required to multi table cash as opposd to DYMs
    Posted by beaneh
    i dont doubt that, but that wasnt what the original question was about. idcu went of on a tangent when dev stated that his system can handle 21 tables on his system and what kind of spec hes using. surely it doesnt matter wether these tables are cash or dym as to your computer capabilties to actually run them
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys.  I never thought about the timebank issue tbh.  But I should imagine I'll manage 16 without to much problem.  Still hope for 20 though.

I have absolutely now idea about computers so unless I get any other suggestions I'll get an i7.  Might be best to wait untill after xmas.  If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.  I currently play on a 27inch monitor which I use for multitabling on other sites with alot of overlap but I don't mind that to much.  Any reccomendations on an upgrade here?  I wouldn't really want to pay more than £250 for a monitor if I can get what I need for that.

I'm reluctant just to go into PC world and get one.  When I tell them what I do, and what I need, they seem to think I'm playing computer games and guess at what I need.

I'll be blowing a month's c4p on my new gear so really appreciate the help.
  • Options
    TPTP123TPTP123 Member Posts: 492
    edited February 2013
    lol at thread. how many posts with no specs!!!! I blame Bean.  If I were you prob I'd prob post on the computer technical help forum on 2+2 or the overclockers forum for better support. 

So you basically have keyboard, mouse, monitor and need something along the lines of:- 

Base Unit (with/without power supply)
    Motherboard...
    CPU... anything that starts with an i will do. 
    Ram... prob best to get 8mg imo 
    decent graphics card.. prob best to get one that has dual monitor support for furture upgrading. 

And most importantly you want a SSD hardrive imo otherwise theres no point

• Options
    edited February 2013
    deffo go for an i7 not i5 imo it's worth the extra,
    deffo need dedicated graphics card too
    buy another 27"monitor i did and can play 9 tables on each no overlap
    u can get an aoc 27" on line 4 £199
    gl
    dev
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wasnt having a dig devonfish just stating the obvious 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    i didn't say a word to u m8,
    but no worries,i know u were.
    :)
    dev
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    dont you dare walk into a shop and say I dont know what I want.

pcworld will not provide what you need, theyll happily sell you stuff and it may not be an appalling deal but it wont be good or tailored to what you want. lemme stop 20 tabling myself and i'll post some links.
  • Options
    patwalshhpatwalshh Member Posts: 772
    edited February 2013
    wasnt having a dig devonfish just stating the obvious 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I like ducks. 
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Sorry I just felt like posting something of no relevence whatsoever, because I'm an invalid.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : I like ducks. 
    Posted by patwalshh
    Are you Tikay multi accounting? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : Are you Tikay multi accounting? ;)
    Posted by cenachav
    In before he comes to the thread and needles me for not specifying the species of duck haha.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lol at thread. how many posts with no specs!!!! I blame Bean.  If I were you prob I'd prob post on the computer technical help forum on 2+2 or the overclockers forum for better support.  So you basically have keyboard, mouse, monitor and need something along the lines of:-  Base Unit (with/without power supply) Motherboard... CPU... anything that starts with an i will do.  Ram... prob best to get 8mg imo  decent graphics card.. prob best to get one that has dual monitor support for furture upgrading.  And most importantly you want a SSD hardrive imo otherwise theres no point
    Posted by TPTP123

Thanks for the help TPTP.  It's a PC I need not a boat!  Motherboard, base unit???? Think of me as the most uncompetent computer purchasing grandad and times it by 2.  Would love links so that I can just buy it though :-).  Am I going to be able to set this stuff up?

Thanks again!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC needed for 20 tabling! : In before he comes to the thread and needles me for not specifying the species of duck haha.
    Posted by patwalshh
    quackers!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    deffo go for an i7 not i5 imo it's worth the extra, deffo need dedicated graphics card too buy another 27"monitor i did and can play 9 tables on each no overlap u can get an aoc 27" on line 4 £199 gl dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Thanks Devon.  What can I get that will give me the 9 + 9 tables :-)  ?