You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

why on earth would someone call in this spot?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AnonemouseAnonemouse Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2010

Dozza,

We played in last nights Freeroll together, and you did something very similar then too. I think you might undervalue the odds of someone hititng a flush. He raised pre-flop, and you called. You had JT and had hit the ten on the flop, and your opponent blatantly had a draw. He bet out, you raised, and he shoved all in, and you called - a mistake in my opinion, as he could easily have had overcards to the board, the flush draw or even the straight draw. Maybe you are missing the texture of the boards?

(Excuse me if this doesn't work properly - my first attempt to put a hand up here!)

Dozza Small blind  25.00 25.00 2870.00
    Tornado Big blind  50.00 75.00 2680.00
      Your hole cards

Anonemouse Fold     
    CAMPER18 Fold     
    danieller Fold     
    PERRAZI Raise  200.00 275.00 2505.00
    Dozza Call  175.00 450.00 2695.00
    Tornado Fold     
    Flop

Dozza Check     
    PERRAZI Bet  337.50 787.50 2167.50
    Dozza Raise  675.00 1462.50 2020.00
    PERRAZI All-in  2167.50 3630.00 0.00
    Dozza Call  1830.00 5460.00 190.00
    Dozza Show
    • J

PERRAZI Show
    • J

Turn

• K

River

• A

PERRAZI Win Flush to the Ace 5460.00  5460.00
  • Options
    mrsmarleymrsmarley Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2010

why would anyone call in this spot?,
    i dont know,maybe they just could not give their big blind up and thought q8 was good enough?

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    wow at the JTo call... i thought you could get away from top pair?
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2010
    Was the min check raise with top pair jack kicker i like not to mention the called preflop OOP
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2010
    lol - i play freerolls a lot differently from normal MTTs and will play speculative hands a lot more/gamble a lot more as most other freeroll players do. Its a 100% fold in an MTT which i have paid a buy-in for.
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2010
    a 100% fold pre-flop aswel. lol, i cant believe my freeroll play is now being analysed!
  • Options
    AyrGraemeAyrGraeme Member Posts: 271
    edited February 2010
    Not the worst play I've ever seen.  I was expecting to see some horror call when I read the title.  Seems like a standard hand which something similar probably plays out a thousand times a day on the site
  • Options
    AnonemouseAnonemouse Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: why on earth would someone call in this spot?:
    lol, i cant believe my freeroll play is now being analysed!
    Posted by Dozza

I mention it chiefly because you stuck around in the chat box for a good 20 minutes afterwards, annoying the guy and shouting "He's got J4!!" every time the villain in that hand raised, shoved or even called a big bet. So you made a bad call, get over it, get over yourself and learn from your mistakes.
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: why on earth would someone call in this spot?:
    Not the worst play I've ever seen.  I was expecting to see some horror call when I read the title.  Seems like a standard hand which something similar probably plays out a thousand times a day on the site
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    yes i totally agree . people go for flush draws . i have seen a million times worse than that i dont really see a problem with it. yes its very loose but its how a lot of people play. anjie x