You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Returning player quickly reminded why she left

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
Quick note on why I left, and why I feel like doing the same:

I actually quit Sky Poker at the end of the summer - was so p****d off at it for numerous reasons and I see that they have not been fixed.

I then won a big acca on the rugby, so came back for a laugh, but I am soon reminded why I left in the very short time i've played in last two days:

- Software crashes are still not fixed (notified the forum and the support about this in April 2017, still nothing done I see, still crashing if multi tabling 'seriously'!)
- Next to no traffic on slow DYM during the mornings and afternoons.
- DYM turbos only game with traffic, a game in which you can only really beat if you put in whopping amounts of volume and "win" by accumulating points - which I cannot do due to the above problem with the site crashes.
- Plus, I, like many players enjoy the game far more if I am winning at it, breaking even (or even slightly losing) at the game itself (but winning overall on C4P) isn't why I play poker, I enjoy it because I win.
- New accounts still hitting miracle hands when into the hand as extreme underdog (i'm astonished how often this happens and with a SS subscription I can see this happens a lot with these new players, it seems suspicious to me).

Back to the far superior alternative site (which doesn't need to be mentioned) I go!

All the best to those that remain - and if anything does ever get done about the crashes and/or traffic improves I may consider coming back - it's extremely poor customer service that this has never been fixed in my view.

J x

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    If the software was fixed you’d return to a site that seem to think may be rigged?

Brilliant
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Must be hard finding the exit ? Just played against you in a turbo £5 dym :o
  • KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    Are you playing on browser or download? perhaps try the browser as that is what I play on and I have had no issues multi-tabling, I did have a few before with the download client.
  • JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Jac35 said:

If the software was fixed you’d return to a site that seem to think may be rigged?

Brilliant

As you well know, doesn't mean I cant be profitable, regardless.

Must be hard finding the exit ? Just played against you in a turbo £5 dym :o

The last few games of my session, yes, GL!
    Kerrnal said:

Are you playing on browser or download? perhaps try the browser as that is what I play on and I have had no issues multi-tabling, I did have a few before with the download client.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/173446/help-with-new-tables-software-please/p1
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    Im a browser player, I can do 12 tables, two screens, ( badly) but no lag or crash problems
    mumsie said:

Im a browser player, I can do 12 tables, two screens, ( badly) but no lag or crash problems

Nice to know - on browser though, on mine anyway, it doesn't notify me when its that tables turn if you understand me? - So if I have overlapping tables (which I do as only have one x 17 inch screen), they disconnect and then its chaos.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Would you like a bit more attention with your exit?

Not at all - i'm simply giving my reasons, good companies always want feedback so they can improve.

This poker site, as it stands, is dying a slow death, at least i've tried to give reasons as to maybe why this is so.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Jacquelyn said:

Not at all - i'm simply giving my reasons, good companies always want feedback so they can improve.

This poker site, as it stands, is dying a slow death, at least i've tried to give reasons as to maybe why this is so.
    Regular Dyms are definitely struggling to be fair.
    What are your thoughts on regs abusing non regs after losing hands? Could that ever have an effect too?
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Jacquelyn said:

You have given your opinion about DYMs which are a small amount of the overall traffic on the site.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,522
    I will miss you, particularly for your constant whinging on the forum, and your spiteful, and nasty outbursts in the chatbox.
    I genuinely hope it works out for you wherever you are going, for obvious reasons.
    HAYSIE said:

I will miss you, particularly for your constant whinging on the forum, and your spiteful, and nasty outbursts in the chatbox.
    I genuinely hope it works out for you wherever you are going, for obvious reasons.

Haha yep won't miss you either Haysie, you are one arrogant so and so!
    MattBates said:

Jacquelyn said:

You have given your opinion about DYMs which are a small amount of the overall traffic on the site.
    Hi Matt,

Are the other areas of the site thriving? Is traffic up on cash games and mtt?
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,522
    Jacquelyn said:

HAYSIE said:

Haha yep won't miss you either Haysie, you are one arrogant so and so!
    Thankyou.
    It seems that rumours regarding your exit have been grossly exaggerated.
    edited November 2018
    Jac35 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Regular Dyms are definitely struggling to be fair.
    What are your thoughts on regs abusing non regs after losing hands? Could that ever have an effect too?
    Yeah they are, of course the introduction of turbo was going to dilute them a lot though, but, turbos are not so enjoyable, for me anyway - to be properly effective one must grind a month first 'for free' before making priority (talking of which, lost it's freerolls a few months ago - another sore loss). To me, as soon as they were introduced my thinking was 'it looks like sky are trying to get every last drop of rake they can whilst traffic dies'. Do you enjoy the turbo's Jac?

Regarding chat, perhaps... perhaps not, I haven't had chat for probably a year now, (before that on and off too, mostly off to be honest) - in that time traffic has significantly reduced, not increased, or even plateau'd - even in the last 3 months which i've not been on here at all it has reduced - so I don't think it makes anywhere near a significant difference compared to the more glaringly obvious reasons why people have left? Infact I know from when I did have chat there were players that would deliberately join my tables because they enjoyed making me mad and knocking me out - maybe I even increased it when I played ;-)

This is beside the point though, obviously it's good for all you regs that a winning multi tabler has decided to move on (was of course expecting some comments of the ilk shown, knew Haysie wouldn't be able to resist), but aren't you concerned with the decreased traffic, whats causing it, and the fact that some very obvious reasons (as previously stated) for leaving have not been rectified such as the well publicised crash problem?

- I know you won't give two hoots about me leaving, but what about the recreational players moving on (quite possibly for the same reasons as me?).
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I believe cash and MTT numbers are up but I don't know for certain so I wont make a general statement like you decided to without having evidence.

It only effects mass tablers so I cant see loads of recs leaving because the issue would never of effected them. You say about it being "good for all you regs" but are there actually that many DYM regs?

Have you not thought that maybe normal speed DYM traffic has reduced because they are not as popular a game format these days?
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    There is one thing I'd like to clear up before you flounce (again)

Are you a bloke or a woman?