You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

HE CALLED ME A C***

bashAAbashAA Member Posts: 1
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So i play a seemingly small bh tourny and check an open straight
a player bets with his pair i call.. my straight comes in on the turn i check he raises im all in i win

he calls me a c unt

Danny2309

bad loser

Comments

• K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Nice first post
  • mukta1818mukta1818 Member Posts: 30
    u lot must live together because your always licking each others butts
  • mukta1818mukta1818 Member Posts: 30
    oh my bad is that against skys rules not to insult others haha what a world we live in how u can upset sombody by typing at them
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810

@mukta1818

I'd strongly suggest you give it a rest mate.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,626
    Essexphil said:

stokefc said:

i wouldn,t worry about it mate, i get called that name every day...by the wife mostly

My wife refuses to call me that, as she says one of those is useful....
    i wash the dishes sometimes Phil so i have some use :)
  • PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    mukta1818 said:

oh my bad is that against skys rules not to insult others haha what a world we live in how u can upset sombody by typing at them

There is a difference between a bit of banter or even some quickly forgotten 1-2 ing and flat out insulting somebody in a completely unacceptable manner. You don't ever call somebody a c**t.
  • MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    I think the problem is, on all sites not just this one, is that it is too hard to report people.

For instance, last night some guy got knocked out of a dym I was in, and proceeded to abuse the table for the rest of the game (you know, the sort of stuff he wouldn't have had the balls to say in real life as someone would have sparked him out)

To report would have meant not concentrating on the game, opening the website, finding the live chat box, swapping browsers because sometimes the one I use doesn't work for live chat, saying the problem, all whilst trying to concentrate on poker on two sites, knowing that nothing will likely be done about it and if it does I wont find out anyway what the result was.

Ignoring isn't an option for me (why should I potentially miss out on chat box 'tells' just because someone is a racist/sexist/homophobic/complete idiot (delete as necessary)

Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy but I don't get why people think they can act online like it.

I think the only way to stop it is to have a report button live on the table, where you can call a support member straight to the table, or have chat monitored and instances of abuse instantly flag to them and they deal without player input. Then they can be insta-banned. That wont happen on any site because of resources so we are forced to put up with it.

Personally I just make notes on abusers now (there are still plenty around) and make sure I target them a little bit harder on their blinds etc, knowing eventually they will resort to typing, tilt and stack off.
  • HAPPYDUDEHAPPYDUDE Member Posts: 3
    Essexphil said:

stokefc said:

i wouldn,t worry about it mate, i get called that name every day...by the wife mostly

My wife refuses to call me that, as she says one of those is useful....
    IM NOT MARRIED LOL
  • mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    Best answer is from Mr White use it against them and make them pay.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    MrWh1te said:

I think the problem is, on all sites not just this one, is that it is too hard to report people.

For instance, last night some guy got knocked out of a dym I was in, and proceeded to abuse the table for the rest of the game (you know, the sort of stuff he wouldn't have had the balls to say in real life as someone would have sparked him out)

To report would have meant not concentrating on the game, opening the website, finding the live chat box, swapping browsers because sometimes the one I use doesn't work for live chat, saying the problem, all whilst trying to concentrate on poker on two sites, knowing that nothing will likely be done about it and if it does I wont find out anyway what the result was.

Ignoring isn't an option for me (why should I potentially miss out on chat box 'tells' just because someone is a racist/sexist/homophobic/complete idiot (delete as necessary)

Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy but I don't get why people think they can act online like it.

I think the only way to stop it is to have a report button live on the table, where you can call a support member straight to the table, or have chat monitored and instances of abuse instantly flag to them and they deal without player input. Then they can be insta-banned. That wont happen on any site because of resources so we are forced to put up with it.

Personally I just make notes on abusers now (there are still plenty around) and make sure I target them a little bit harder on their blinds etc, knowing eventually they will resort to typing, tilt and stack off.

MrWh1te said:

I think you are making reporting someone seem a lot harder than it is. Make a note of the game/players name/time etc. Send those details in after your session/on a break. It isn't time critical as wont be looked at straight away. Accept that the person will be able to say what they want in that moment in time but someone from sky will look at the chat and act accordingly.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810

^^^^^^

100% correct.

If a player is reported for chat abuse it is always investigated.
  • STEVE1937STEVE1937 Member Posts: 7
    turn chat off and play in complete oblivion haha - poker brings out the worst in some people - not worth it
  • gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
    STEVE1937 said:

turn chat off and play in complete oblivion haha - poker brings out the worst in some people - not worth it

It's just the nature of the internet, the perceived anonymity just makes people act a bit wilder IMO and be more toxic than they would be face to face.

Don't let it get to you man, keep playing your game.
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    bashAA said:

So i play a seemingly small bh tourny and check an open straight
    a player bets with his pair i call.. my straight comes in on the turn i check he raises im all in i win

he calls me a c unt

Danny2309

bad loser

thats nothing i got told to go and fu ck my mother
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    You won and you got his chips, let him be a bad loser and laugh that he's out and you have doubled up with his chips :) Hes probably upsetting himself more than anyone else.
  • step7step7 Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2019
    Just let it roll off you. I like a bit of banter at the table, if he'd berated your play, said how terrible you are (lolz) and you're a fish - "how could you call" - fair enough. Just dropping the c-bomb out - very bad form and double loss for him, couldn't even muster half decent trash talk.
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    you can report others via live chat, I reported couple of players early hours Thursday morning for being racist and abusive to others, sky poker took action. This was a cash games so it was easy to direct them to what table it was and time of said incidents. If this happens in a tournament , go to lobby and check table and players for your table number. I normally brush it off, however I wont stand and witness others be cruel and racist to others due to ethnicity. We are here to play poker, and a joyful chat to make friends imo.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,123
    Ok, lets remember we are adults playing an adult game for real money and whilst racist and homophobic insults are inexcusable I think we have to accept that a game which can cause instant fluctuations of emotions will lead to outbursts of angst.

Frequently when playing live I will if there's a female at the table, enquire as to why shes playing poker and not at home doing "womens' work".

Now I'm not sexist at all. I actually believe that more women should be in the game but its done to create a dynamic. Frequently its met with a polite fk off from the lady in question at which point we both have a wry smile and the game is on.

As an ex doorman being called a cnt or being told to go fk your mum isn't personal, its just a series of words combined to elicit a desired response.

Just treat it as such, after all its a big boys (girls) game.