You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

1 card flush draw on the turn would you call?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Couple of things.

''The other point with the turn shove is not only was i likely to have an A it looked more like i hit the flush or st8 on the turn after just the flat calling on the flop''

You'd have to be a particularly terrible player to have a straight here, so that should/would never really be a consideration.

''Good point about what would i have done if the turn was a blank though. And the answer to that was i would have shoved all in on the turn unless a 2 or 5 or 6 or another spade came''

This logic just seems completely backwards. You have a very strong pre flop hand yet play it passively, but then would look to take off on blank turns when you essentially have nothing and don't really beat anything?

''As his bet size on the flop was pretty weak''

What was weak about it? He's bet half pot, from a small stack, after raising pre. I don't understand what weakness you could pick up from that? If anything, I'd say it's pretty strong as he's continuing to put chips in from his short stack on the bubble.

You say you don't want to shove pre and get a fold, but that would be a fine outcome. I think you've tried to play this hand too cute and with confused logic to be honest.

Generally on the bubble, people are either trying to Maxally it into the money or are happy to take higher variance spots to get a stack knowing if it goes wrong then they will bubble but so be it. You seemed to be a mixture of the 2, and the hand just makes no sense whatsoever.

If you're wanting to get into the cash, you can just fold this hand pre. I'm guessing there are shorter stacks than yourself still in the field. If you're wanting to get chips then jamming pre is gonna get folds a lot of the time and pads your stack nicely, also a reasonable chance you might get called by worse too.
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2019
    I say weak due to how much stack sizes were in total and size of blinds and him not shoving pre or post flop himself either which as i said was to either enduce a re-shove so was very strong and which i was cautious of initially! or he was hoping i would fold because he has missed a weak hand like a Rag A or something in that range! betting size was standard aggression from him generally testing to see if i would re-shove over the top or fold on the flop. I definitely didnt want to shove the flop but i certainly didnt want to not see another card on the turn for the bet size he made and how much I still had left.

Sitting there with AK under the gun not really worth folding just to cash. As I want his bounty and the win to get me to final table. Dont wanna go down the 'I should of shoved pre again' lol but agree it does take any pressure off and would of padded my stack to cash rather than folding AK pre and If he does have a hand I will get the call pre anyway.

I think it was a case of both slow playing premium hands and taking unnecessary risks. when we both knew that they were going all in anyway but we knew that already didn't we lol ;)

What would you have done on the flop? Fold, Call or shove?
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    WOW 277 VIEWS in a week am i re-ignighting the forum lol