You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats.

2»

Comments

• XBOOTNECKXBOOTNECK Member Posts: 99
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats.:
    Folks, I thought it would be useful to post some guidelines on what should and shouldn't be posted in BBV. Here you go: Brags - when you win a super nice hand, hit a royal, make a soul read, etc. Do it with some explanation of the spot/situation and the hand will be so much more readable. Beats - this is not when your one pair gets called by a draw and he gets there. That's called poker. We are talking things like running set into set or getting most of your chips over the line a 93.6% favourite in an SPT semi vs Ace high with A-A and still losing (UL Giant). Variance - if you see some ridiculous run of hands, like getting dealt AA back to back three times etc. Seriously, this isn't just a section to vent and rant about one pair getting turned over. If you do feel the need to post that kind of hand (and I really, really don't think you should), at least keep them in one thread.  Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
      The other option is,just don't read them.
  • churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats.:
    In Response to Re: Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats. : +1 . Sick of seeing the same or very similar bad beats posted and if ppl are so convinced its fixed why would you carry on playing
    Posted by MP33
    have too think to myself(and others have probably thought the same)after more than 3000 posts i am sure u have had your fair share of moans and groans!!??people post what they think is a bad hand on here for various reasons 1.just for the sake of venting..2.because they believe it really is a bad beat as they are still learning the game.3.posting it here will get advice from more experenced players and that way they gain experience  , 4.it is a bad beat and that is what this section is for!!!!!!!!!!! 5..the more bad beats posted here will show players how random the game of poker can be.thus way showing it is not rigged but as much a game of chance as skill.thats just my opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Si_PiesSi_Pies Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2014
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS THEN DAVE

I've been analysing sky for more than 10,000 hands (MMT) and over 7,000 hands (cash games) to establish whether the dealt hole cards and bad beats are correlated with the accepted statistics of both random draw (hole cards) and likely win odds for sklansky group 1 dealt hole cards versus actual wins with group 1 cards (bad beats) on the site. 

By new year's day (2013) - i had established a very significant sample of data which show a higher bad beat scenario than would be statsitcially viable. The difference was significant enough that winning with the sklansky group 1 cards when dealt could be considered equal to losing with the same cards. This can be considered an outlier in correlation terms. 

In dealt hole cards, sky dealt so significantly lower valued cards and combinations of cards that their RNG could be questioned (over those sample data). 

However, the situation suddenly changed on new year's day when i made the mistake of commenting on the flaws in the RNG algorithm during a tournament in the chat box to another player. Within 3 hands, and for the next 250 hands my data showed a complete reversal with a very very high average dealt hole card value and 100% hit on the board (even with group 2 cards). That's a 100% hit in 250 hands where every hand hit a match on the board. Also - there were zero bad beats for any of my hands. In the last hand of the tournament in heads up, my opponent's A high hand was bad beat by my K high hand. 

I also played cash tables and heads up cash tables and had exactly the same high value dealt hole cards and zero bad beats. Almost as if a switch had been flicked. 

I'm testing the data because I believe the algorithm they are using has a manual intervention capability or a skew to certain types of play/player. 

I write algorithms for a living and I like to query the integrity of other algorithms. If a poker site like sky which is geared to maximum profit (7.5% and 10% rake which is actually very high comparatively) wants to make sure the algorithm contributes significantly to the profit them: 

>> It must be close to random but it must favour the reckless play because this gets more money in the rake. 
    >> It must punish tight play and encourage loose play by restricting the hole card value to tight players thereby forcing them to be more aggressive with lower value cards. 
    >> It must have a high bad beat ratio because this encourages more inexperienced players to go all in with lesser cards thereby generating more rake, and kills good tight players because they don't contribute enough t 

Does the sky poker algorithm do any of that? Not sure yet... If you were the boss of that poker site, and your salary was directly correlated to the profitability of the business - would you skew it? Probably not. Would anyone? 

• cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    edited March 2014
    To quote jdsallstar

Si pies or should I say Kadz? lol

Here's a review off poker scout from January 2013 see if you can spot the similarities:

"I've been analysing sky for more than 10,000 hands (MMT) and over 7,000 hands (cash games) to establish whether the dealt hole cards and bad beats are correlated with the accepted statistics of both random draw (hole cards) and likely win odds for sklansky group 1 dealt hole cards versus actual wins with group 1 cards (bad beats) on the site. 

By new year's day (2013) - i had established a very significant sample of data which show a higher bad beat scenario than would be statsitcially viable. The difference was significant enough that winning with the sklansky group 1 cards when dealt could be considered equal to losing with the same cards. This can be considered an outlier in correlation terms. 

In dealt hole cards, sky dealt so significantly lower valued cards and combinations of cards that their RNG could be questioned (over those sample data). 

However, the situation suddenly changed on new year's day when i made the mistake of commenting on the flaws in the RNG algorithm during a tournament in the chat box to another player. Within 3 hands, and for the next 250 hands my data showed a complete reversal with a very very high average dealt hole card value and 100% hit on the board (even with group 2 cards). That's a 100% hit in 250 hands where every hand hit a match on the board. Also - there were zero bad beats for any of my hands. In the last hand of the tournament in heads up, my opponent's A high hand was bad beat by my K high hand. 

It's almost like it's word for word the same......oh wait it is! Plagarise much do you?!

http://www.pokerscout.com/AllReviews.aspx?id=608
  • docfleetdocfleet Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats.:
    Folks, I thought it would be useful to post some guidelines on what should and shouldn't be posted in BBV. Here you go: Brags - when you win a super nice hand, hit a royal, make a soul read, etc. Do it with some explanation of the spot/situation and the hand will be so much more readable. Beats - this is not when your one pair gets called by a draw and he gets there. That's called poker. We are talking things like running set into set or getting most of your chips over the line a 93.6% favourite in an SPT semi vs Ace high with A-A and still losing (UL Giant). Variance - if you see some ridiculous run of hands, like getting dealt AA back to back three times etc. Seriously, this isn't just a section to vent and rant about one pair getting turned over. If you do feel the need to post that kind of hand (and I really, really don't think you should), at least keep them in one thread.  Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    if you see some ridiculous run of hands, like getting dealt AA back to back three times etc. Seriously, this isn't just a section to vent and rant about one pair getting turned over. If you do feel the need to post that kind of hand (and I really, really don't think you should
    well I think you should, far prefer reading someone being honest and writing what they think than some pc person full of self importance saying " well that's poker"
  • docfleetdocfleet Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS THEN DAVE I've been analysing sky for more than 10,000 hands (MMT) and over 7,000 hands (cash games) to establish whether the dealt hole cards and bad beats are correlated with the accepted statistics of both random draw (hole cards) and likely win odds for sklansky group 1 dealt hole cards versus actual wins with group 1 cards (bad beats) on the site.  By new year's day (2013) - i had established a very significant sample of data which show a higher bad beat scenario than would be statsitcially viable. The difference was significant enough that winning with the sklansky group 1 cards when dealt could be considered equal to losing with the same cards. This can be considered an outlier in correlation terms.  In dealt hole cards, sky dealt so significantly lower valued cards and combinations of cards that their RNG could be questioned (over those sample data).  However, the situation suddenly changed on new year's day when i made the mistake of commenting on the flaws in the RNG algorithm during a tournament in the chat box to another player. Within 3 hands, and for the next 250 hands my data showed a complete reversal with a very very high average dealt hole card value and 100% hit on the board (even with group 2 cards). That's a 100% hit in 250 hands where every hand hit a match on the board. Also - there were zero bad beats for any of my hands. In the last hand of the tournament in heads up, my opponent's A high hand was bad beat by my K high hand.  I also played cash tables and heads up cash tables and had exactly the same high value dealt hole cards and zero bad beats. Almost as if a switch had been flicked.  I'm testing the data because I believe the algorithm they are using has a manual intervention capability or a skew to certain types of play/player.  I write algorithms for a living and I like to query the integrity of other algorithms. If a poker site like sky which is geared to maximum profit (7.5% and 10% rake which is actually very high comparatively) wants to make sure the algorithm contributes significantly to the profit them:  />> It must be close to random but it must favour the reckless play because this gets more money in the rake.  >> It must punish tight play and encourage loose play by restricting the hole card value to tight players thereby forcing them to be more aggressive with lower value cards.  >> It must have a high bad beat ratio because this encourages more inexperienced players to go all in with lesser cards thereby generating more rake, and kills good tight players because they don't contribute enough t  Does the sky poker algorithm do any of that? Not sure yet... If you were the boss of that poker site, and your salary was directly correlated to the profitability of the business - would you skew it? Probably not. Would anyone? 
    Posted by Si_Pies
    yawn !!! get a grip and write without the delusional self importance
  • PICOSLIM2PICOSLIM2 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    Amazing how people don't remember how many times they got lucky..............

• jalupen101jalupen101 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    well not a good morning played 2 tourneys 1st had kk 3 allins aa kk qq worst hand won qq 4 to a flush next tourney aa up against kj off beaten by 4 to a flush horrible luck  
  • jalupen101jalupen101 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    well not a good morning played 2 tourneys 1st had kk 3 allins aa kk qq worst hand won qq 4 to a flush next tourney aa up against kj off beaten by 4 to a flush horrible luck  
    Posted by jalupen101
    played 2 more tourneys kk busted by 10 10  aa busted by a flush think its time to call it a day look for a new site
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2014
    Lose 4 hands and look for a new site?

Good luck with that.
  • Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats. : played 2 more tourneys kk busted by 10 10  aa busted by a flush think its time to call it a day look for a new site
    Posted by jalupen101
    Lol - do tell if you find one that has no variance 
  • swanstuswanstu Member Posts: 261
    edited November 2014
    Perhaps people should stop moaning about people posting bad beats...?

Moaning is moaning, and at least a bad beat post is about Poker.

Personally wouldn't see much point though, as everyone just acts all superior whenever a BB gets posted anyway on here. Not exactly sure the reason there is a beats section, as this is true. However the posting beats police seem to like to moan about others posting still.

Been trashed on my biggest hand already today (exit), call ai with QQ v his JJ of course J appears flop. But looking at responses to these posts on this forum (including the word Beats) what's the point in joining in here!?
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2014
    Perhaps people should stop moaning about people posting bad beats...? Moaning is moaning, and at least a bad beat post is about Poker. Personally wouldn't see much point though, as everyone just acts all superior whenever a BB gets posted anyway on here. Not exactly sure the reason there is a beats section, as this is true. However the posting beats police seem to like to moan about others posting still. Been trashed on my biggest hand already today (exit), call ai with QQ v his JJ of course J appears flop. But looking at responses to these posts on this forum (including the word Beats) what's the point in joining in here!?
    Posted by swanstu
    swans there's beats and there's bad beats there's a difference, and then there's also people who come on all the time to say how the site is rigged, 

I went out of a tournament yesterday on the bubble with KK v 88 aipf he hits his 8 no big deal it's poker and it happens, also happened to me live last week 3 of us all aipf AA KK AQ flop K 10 4 turn 7 river J it's poker and the odds are just that odds and sometimes we just gotta take it on the chin and move on.

let's turn it around you get it in with JJ and QQ calls you you're praying for that J and it hits it's varience pure and simple, do we then come on here and post it ......... prob not 

and that is what gets peoples back up we post the moans but not the fact that we got in behind and hit

i've also copied this from the OP

Beats - this is not when your one pair gets called by a draw and he gets there. That's called poker. We are talking things like running set into set or getting most of your chips over the line a 93.6% favourite in an SPT semi vs Ace high with A-A and still losing (UL Giant).

Seriously, this isn't just a section to vent and rant about one pair getting turned over. If you do feel the need to post that kind of hand (and I really, really don't think you should), at least keep them in one thread. 

• DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    Is it me or do the short stack shoves always hit a miracle hand against me when Im the big stack with AA or similar? I always seem to hit a full house myself when short stacked and shove all in with my A2 lol. This happens to me live aswell so it could mean we live in a matrix and the matrix is just feckin with us.