You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SLOW ROLLING

2»

Comments

• Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    Personally I think a lot of people get way too salty over getting slowrolled.

There are loads of situations I think its acceptable. At the wsop on one of my trips, there a guy at the table who was going out of his way to annoy everyone. He wasn't subtle about it. His attitude was "what you gonna do about it". The floor was called a number of times but he always did just enough to stay at the table.

At some point he left the table to go to the toilet, or was a few minutes late back from a break or something. There was a Winamax pro at the table who said something along the lines of "I don't normally condone slowrolling… but if there was ever a time..."

Unfortunately I bust not too long later and didn't get a chance to slowroll, but I hope someone did!

As Matt said, the situation is key when slowrolling. I don't think I would ever slowroll someone I had no interaction with before on purpose.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481

DoyleBrun said:

DoyleBrun said:

Had a player just call my bet on river with the nuts now that was weird.

Why didnt he raise with the nuts
    You tell me?
    When that happens live the argument you usually get is

"Well I know that He / She isn't putting another penny in the middle so I may as well just call"

Maybe, but I would still consider it soft playing.
    No, youre likely to incur a penalty
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176

Personally I think a lot of people get way too salty over getting slowrolled.

There are loads of situations I think its acceptable. At the wsop on one of my trips, there a guy at the table who was going out of his way to annoy everyone. He wasn't subtle about it. His attitude was "what you gonna do about it". The floor was called a number of times but he always did just enough to stay at the table.

At some point he left the table to go to the toilet, or was a few minutes late back from a break or something. There was a Winamax pro at the table who said something along the lines of "I don't normally condone slowrolling… but if there was ever a time..."

Unfortunately I bust not too long later and didn't get a chance to slowroll, but I hope someone did!

As Matt said, the situation is key when slowrolling. I don't think I would ever slowroll someone I had no interaction with before on purpose.

Give the entry fee up and just give him a slap?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177

DoyleBrun said:

Had a player just call my bet on river with the nuts now that was weird.

Why didnt he raise with the nuts
    'BREWERS DROOP' probably.... :)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    edited May 2019

One of the most satisfying things about online poker is getting slow roll revenge. It's happened to myself a number of times (surprising, I know) and I'll always make a note; something articulate along the lines of ''slowroll this pr1ck'' usually suffices.

Always a joyous occasion when you can finally get them back, be that weeks, months or sometimes even years down the line.

When I dabbled in DYMs a couple of years ago, it took about 2 months of playing the same player day in day out before the poker Gods finally afforded me the opportunity to get my revenge with a set over set cold deck. To say the villain in question (who I won't name but is a female who might have been in the Navy) went apeshit in the chatbox would be an understatement. Fun times and a whale never forgets or whatever that saying is.

Yeah players shouldn't do it but I don't really think its much of an issue. Chances are a newbie might not even realise whats going on, depending on how 'newbie' they are.

hhyftylump never forgets isn't it ? :)