You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Brighton Live Update

Comments

• Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 904
    Well played grogs, and great updates tikay. When is at back at Glasgow, need to play one of these things?!
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    Well done Little Danny xxx
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Tikay10 said:

Awesome job Danny. Well done mate!

Thanks for the updates @Tikay10
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Tikay10 said:

Here's Rose's exit hand, Q-9 for 2 pair v the nut flush.

Great result @IrishRose UL with the exit hand.

Really good to see you and the other Sky Poker regulars doing so well.

Congrats!
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    Superb!
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,035
    Brilliant Danny, very well deserved mate. See you at the next one
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Well play @FeelGroggy had to be favourite at the FT right?
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Well played Rose and all the FT Sky Poker players.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Great updates well played all
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,502
    Itsover4u said:

Well play @FeelGroggy had to be favourite at the FT right?

Well the best players don't always - or even often - win Final Tables, but yes, he'd be odds-on in my book.

The runner-up - Ms DW-R, was also very good indeed, & had a decent Poker CV & Hendon Mob, including 2nd place in the 718 runner WSOP Ladies event 2 years ago.

Many of you don't get the chance to attend SPT's, so won't be familiar with Groggs as a person, but as anyone who has met him will tell you, he is the most splendidly well-presented & well-mannered young man. He told me on Saturday that much of what he learned about poker was taught to him by @StayOrGo. I have no idea if that is true, but have no reason to doubt him.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,635
    Well played Groggy
    It just goes to show that if you put the time and effort in it pays off big time, Graham must be over the moon
    Congrats mate
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Well played Groggy
    It just goes to show that if you put the time and effort in it pays off big time, Graham must be over the moon
    Congrats mate

+1 to that. And let's not forget he comes on the Forum & posts some splendid hand analysis stuff, & devotes a lot of time to helping those who need a little help with their game, which is most of us. He even tries to help Team "I'm So Unlucky All The Time", though most of us have long given up trying.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Wellplayed Groggs! Stayorgo! How much do you charge? :)
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Very sick indeed - well played Grog!
  • Options

Well played grogs, and great updates tikay. When is at back at Glasgow, need to play one of these things?!

Morning @Toffeeandy

The last 2 scheduled stops for 2019 are Nottingham (4th to 6th October) & Manchester (22nd to 24th November), so they don't currently have any Glasgow dates lined up I'm afraid.

At this moment in time, of course, I've no idea whether there will be an SPT in 2020, due to the imminent changes. Fingers crossed, & I guess we'll know soon enough.

By the way, very well done last night in the Mini Major, an excellent result, though I'm sure you'd have preferred one spot better.
  • Options
    ThorxxThorxx Member Posts: 8
    @Tikay10 Thanks for the great coverage. I thoroughly enjoyed playing on Saturday I was 2 to your right and doubled you up with your AQ v my KJ that should have hit the muck but for the temptation of the juicy £550 bounty on your head.

I'm now thinking I might try to get up to the Nottingham Event and try for that bounty again. Do you know when the satellites will start for that one.

Take care and thanks to all the Sky Team at Brighton
  • Options
    Thorxx said:

@Tikay10 Thanks for the great coverage. I thoroughly enjoyed playing on Saturday I was 2 to your right and doubled you up with your AQ v my KJ that should have hit the muck but for the temptation of the juicy £550 bounty on your head.

I'm now thinking I might try to get up to the Nottingham Event and try for that bounty again. Do you know when the satellites will start for that one.

Morning @Thorxx.

Good to see you here, & I well remember you from Saturday, thought you played the event in exactly the right spirit. I sensed pre-flop you knew exactly where you were in the hand - losing or flipping though rarely in terrible shape - but it was a £220 MTT & I had a £550 Bounty on my head, so that was the perfect spot I'd say. Was a real fun table that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't have a date for SPT Notts satellites yet, but I'd guess towards the end of this month. Keep an eye on the Forum, I always make the dates known on here soon as I am given them.

Thanks again for helping to make Saturday such a fun day.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Tikay10 said:

Thorxx said:

Morning @Thorxx.

Good to see you here, & I well remember you from Saturday, thought you played the event in exactly the right spirit. I sensed pre-flop you knew exactly where you were in the hand - losing or flipping though rarely in terrible shape - but it was a £220 MTT & I had a £550 Bounty on my head, so that was the perfect spot I'd say. Was a real fun table that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't have a date for SPT Notts satellites yet, but I'd guess towards the end of this month. Keep an eye on the Forum, I always make the dates known on here soon as I am given them.

Thanks again for helping to make Saturday such a fun day.
    Hey TK

Thanks for all of the updates; it helped when you wanna go but can't....next time can you get knocked sooner so we get more chip counts/updates ;)

OR get that lazy @pompeynic as your assistant runner back on board >:)

Already looking forward to the Manchester sats!!!
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    Hi all

Just wanted to say HUGE congrats to Mr @FeelGroggy - thoroughly deserved his win as he outplayed everyone on the 2 tables I shared with him.

I was lucky to get to 4th (and yes Mr @Tikay10 - I had lots of luck!). Would like to say THANK YOU to all the railers (in person and online) as it really seems to make a difference.

Most of all - thank you to the team at Sky Poker - especially Mr @Tikay10 and @Sky_SamT , @Sky_James , @Sky_Mark and all. It wouldn't happen without all your hard work - so cheers again.

Hope to see you all at Notts in October.