You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Be Worried If You Are All In With The Best Hand

2»

Comments

• Options
    KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    MattBates said:

cowboy59 said:

Over three times the number of games gives me a smidge more experience !
    Experience makes you understand how to make the most of how things work .Understanding how things work gives you a slight advantage that if you use in your favour can be beneficial !
    Only problem is the way the games unfold the outcome is shall we say ...... predictable beyond belief. Maybe this is why so many players raise issues over this subject !

It tends to be inexperienced and/or losing players that raise issues over this subject.

From someone with a smidge more experience than you.
  • Options
    KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    Im no a winning player but love the game,stop moaning like a **** all you bad losers embrace it
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296

cowboy59 said:

No i am just a player who in the long term is a moderate winner !

But you can predict the outcome of hands and games, surely you should be the biggest winner on the site.

Surely.
    This.
  • Options
    PokerpairsPokerpairs Member Posts: 8
    if you can't take a bad beat in poker, then its surely time for a long break, a pause,and a strategy change.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,750
    edited July 2019

if you can't take a bad beat in poker, then its surely time for a long break, a pause,and a strategy change.

Well said @Pokerpairs. Sadly, many prefer to blame some imagined and far-fetched theories about the software, the weather, and God knows what else.

It's a wonderfully frustrating game, sometimes brutally cruel, sometimes wonderfully satisfying. I'd say it's almost impossible to play a full session without taking a few bad beats. And inflicting a few on others.
    Selective memory is an amazing thing.

Good luck at the tables mate, but I fancy you are able to cope with the inevitable swings and swongs.
  • Options
    bolloxxxxxbolloxxxxx Member Posts: 1
    Gotta say AA nearly always loses amazes me how many bad beats there are truly something not right
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,201
    Tell you what Mr loxxxx. A A nearly always wins on here and Stars and Party and 888 and, and and ....................

Itll win preflop against 1 opponent roughly 80% of the time and roughly 60% against 2 opponents with the percentile decreasing exponentially the more players who are all in preflop.

If you dont believe me we can sit at a table playing heads up and Ill take A A and shove every hand. If after say 1000 hands A A is losing then maybe you have a valid point.

I would imagine youd get long odds against.

• Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    I recall a good quote from @daraokearney tweet ( top player to follow ) " if your always getting it in ahead...your not getting it in enough" .
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Outstanding Advice..a game fundamentally based on probability, math, as the TOP of The Poker TREE here..yes,The Man has wriiten.." I wish I could explain to the Skeptics,it is simply maths' but to be fair..the 100 exit hands,the 100 2 ouuters ( max 10 per cent chances) hiitin, relentlessly,"only 10 times in a 100! I wished! ...I feel genuinely sorry, if you think your playin into a non 'sexed deal'.. IN PLAIN SITE babi..exactly what orig poster meant XXX