You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Poker and Mental Health

2»

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,136

K0BAYASHl said:

You’re right! Nice £1k bink!

I just sat there pondering what 1k bink you were on about then I looked at the draw results. Sky Poker is the stone cold nuts.
    Awesome congrats!
  • memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    music. loud music. not television. and blast away the blues. seriously, it helps.
  • churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2019

Be happy people
    and get help if your not people do care

Breathing space
    0800 83 85 87

https://www.samaritans.org/

put your postcode in this one see what help is near you

https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Mental-health-information-and-support/LocationSearch/330

hope this maybe helps someone

all the best

Edited think i left my soul on show long enough get help people

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    Wow. That's quite a post churchy.

I hope you continue to get the help, courage and strength to fight the demons.

Please don't let them win.

Thank you for a very personal and emotional post

Good luck and good health.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,554
    Just to update on this even tho it actually has nothing to do with poker. It might help ppl understand why I act like such a nutter at SPTs.

I don't mind being open about this at all, inspired by others in this thread. It turns out I have GAD - General Anxiety Disorder. I have felt like I have butterflies in my stomach for as long as I can remember. When I'm sat in a room full of people playing poker, or some other similar situation, waves of heat and an irrepressible nervousness/anxiousness constantly pulsate through me and it's ****. To cure this when out and about I can't get alcohol, particularly sambuca, into me fast enough and then soon enough I'm a complete mess and frankly a joke.

I've spent my whole life thinking this was normal....now I know what the problem is I can start to deal with it. I'm quite excited about the challenge tbh.

Going forward I will be have to be teetotal. No drinking for me in Manchester this weekend. It's a big test after a routine of binge drinking since I was a teenager.

I will be taking beta blockers for the first time and will almost certainly be shipping the tournament. Sorry lads.