You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

colluders

Comments

• Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    just had a weird experience on £22 dym , googled the other location and its near the other guy ( chip leader ) one was away then spoke in lobby he was back when i won an all in against leader, thankfully the other guy at table cashed with me , i was wondering why he was betting mad whilst other chap was away.

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Update:

The same account I reported is still playing at the dym 11 gbp tables, and there is a brand new account (0 games played on sharkscope till today) playing in same games - looks suspicious....

It looks like Sky banned ONE of the original accounts, but allowed one of them to carry on, and since then, the one that got banned has respawned.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,614

@Jacquelyn

The matter is being investigated.

Please bear with them.
  • Options
    yep its confirmed, a HUGE obvious chip dump in game Tournament ID: 34393228 from the same person to the newly spawned account
  • Options
    step7step7 Member Posts: 298
    Think you have to take the rough with the smooth, you have a game so simple you can 12 table it (curious how you "auto" register games) - that also makes it one the easiest to collude in.

I would imagine you partake in a element of "collusion" in most games to bust short stacks and sit outs.

Think the best way is in not join games where u suspect colluders have sat and continue to report.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    step7 said:

Think you have to take the rough with the smooth, you have a game so simple you can 12 table it (curious how you "auto" register games) - that also makes it one the easiest to collude in.

I would imagine you partake in a element of "collusion" in most games to bust short stacks and sit outs.

Think the best way is in not join games where u suspect colluders have sat and continue to report.

Not sure i agree with that
    I don’t think you should just have to accept that collusion will take place

With it being the easiest game to collude in and many sites removing dyms it’s imperative that it’s dealt with quickly on here

Busting short stacks and sit outs isn’t collusion it’s just playing with common sense

I agree with the last part. Just don’t play games where you’re suspicious about players

I would also add that i’ve played thousands of dyms here and collusion is very rare in my experience and when it does happen it gets dealt with promptly
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

step7 said:

With it being the easiest game to collude in and many sites removing dyms it’s imperative that it’s dealt with quickly on here

Busting short stacks and sit outs isn’t collusion it’s just playing with common sense

I agree with the last part. Just don’t play games where you’re suspicious about players

I would also add that i’ve played thousands of dyms here and collusion is very rare in my experience and when it does happen it gets dealt with promptly
    This is bang on.

I too agree that on the whole, Skypoker has a really really good anti collusion record for DYM tables.

However, I will say, that this particular player has been able to respawn/open a new account and just continue as normal.

I have now sent a new report to support including every single game I have played in with these guys, its actually a lot more games than I initially thought.
  • Options
    New colluders on the 22 gbp tables guys, extreeeeeeeeeeeeemely obvious.

Have reported to support, again....

With all the increased traffic, is it possible that Sky could assign someone to watch the tables please?

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    Jacquelyn said:

With all the increased traffic, is it possible that Sky could assign someone to watch the tables please?

They have. It's you :)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Jacquelyn said:

Cant work out if you are actually serious
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Jac35 said:

step7 said:

I'm glad someone mentioned this.

Was in a fairly similar situation in a DYM format on a not well known European poker a few years ago. All Italian players. No joke!

Lets just say Italian players were not the most solid of poker player back in the day.

As a somewhat regular on TDYM and DYMs this may seem a little silly to non regs but I can assure others it is not.

I do not know Jacquelyn outwith Sky and only know she/he though a couple of DYM chats in the past. I do believe these are legitimate concerns regarding the DYM games.

If more than a "one off" Sky will handle in the correct manner.

Thought I would add to this back up the my fellow DYMers :)

All joking aside, I don't believe Jacquelyn is running any "conspiracy theories" with this one.

Cammy
  • Options
    WARDDOGWARDDOG Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited April 2020
    Bump - Seen two groups of people colluding in the last four days, both pretty obvious.

One involved a particularly obvious chip dump (I shall put this in the post below, anonymised) after I had received a tipoff from another reg who had played this duo immediately before, stating that he had seen them chip dumping and to be careful.

The other involved three players (who I shall call A, B and C). B and C were playing SNGs on Sky for the first time today. I was told by another reg not to register games involving three players from a particular location, as well as the buyin they were currently playing so that I could find them myself and rail.

7 games took place today. These were:
    (Time - Buyin - Players involved)
    3:55pm - £3.30 - A, B
    4:59pm - £5.50 - A, B, C
    5:43pm - £5.50 - A, B
    7:56pm - £11 - A, B, C
    8:31pm - £11 - A, B, C
    9:10pm - £11 - A, B, C
    9:56pm - £22 - A, B, C (By this point, someone had 'had a word' in the chat and they had gone back to playing normally. It was a DYM, none of the three cashed. Think they ended up losing overall as a result. Karma.)

These are the only SNGs that B and C have ever played on Sky at the time of writing (Source: Everyone's favourite online player results site). None of them played any other games during this period. Two were from the same location, while the third lived within a few miles. Tbf they needed all the help they could get from each other, since their play suggested they'd struggle to understand 52 card pickup.

I also saw some people from the same location hilariously insisting on raising people out of the pot, and playing limit Poker at 20nl once everyone else was out of the pot for a while, including one hand which featured the very rare river min-13-bet and fold to the min-14-bet. I would've thought that it's a 13-bet/call getting about 50/1... I haven't reported it yet since I'm too bamboozled by the weirdness of it, plus I'm really not sure if it warrants a further look from Sky or if it's just two people having some harmless fun and throwing away money. However, my gut feeling was enough to make me stand from a game that looks like printing money. I'll have a look in my HH tomorrow.

---

With people desperate to make a few quid while out of work, I guess some increase in various forms of cheating is to be expected.

While reporting the second instance of DYM collusion today, I decided to follow up on the first report from Thursday, since I had requested a refund for a game in which I was affected. The e-mail I received from live chat back suggested that it is yet to be looked at, stating: "If there is any evidence of collusion, the appropriate action will be taken".

I do understand the importance of not banning someone, confiscating funds etc incorrectly. Furthermore, the increased site traffic means an increased workload for a Poker team that may be working remotely and/or have reduced numbers at present because of the pandemic.

That said, it would certainly be nice to have some assurance that collusion is still able to be looked at in a timely manner, despite the pandemic and the seemingly more frequent attempts to collude that appear to be a product of it.

It would also be nice to know that once something has been reported, I can go back to registering empty lobbies fairly soon after (couple of hours? next day? idk) without worrying about all of the 'suspects' being able to jump into the game, even if it's a temporary measure like stopping X and Y registering the same SNG while Sky takes a closer look. Less games will run if I'm waiting for every game to be 3/6 or 4/6 filled to make sure the game is fair before joining, rather than sitting empty lobbies. Plus lobby-watching is no fun.

Thankfully people seem to be dreadful at hiding what they're doing, but as I write this I'm definitely worried for the future of games that are more susceptible to collusion, at least in the short term while more people are trying to take the p*ss. Hopefully Sky are equipped to deal with it and don't have to resort to anything too drastic.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Here's the most obvious chip dump in the history of chip dumps, after I had been warned about these players chip dumping in a previous game. (Hand ID 1479748066 - Anonymised)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    RoaringTgrSmall blind75.0075.003755.00
    BBig blind150.00225.002030.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    ACall150.00375.00610.00
    saxon411Fold
    EvilPinguFold
    spinky6108Fold
    RoaringTgrCall75.00450.003680.00
    BCheck
    Flop
    RoaringTgrCheck
    BBet300.00750.001730.00
    ACall300.001050.00310.00
    RoaringTgrFold
    Turn
    BBet150.001200.001580.00
    ACall150.001350.00160.00
    River
    • Q
    BCheck
    AAll-in160.001510.000.00
    BFold
    AMuck
    AWin1350.001350.00
    AReturn160.000.001510.00
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    EvilPingu said:

Bump - Seen two groups of people colluding in the last four days, both pretty obvious.

One involved a particularly obvious chip dump (I shall put this in the post below, anonymised) after I had received a tipoff from another reg who had played this duo immediately before, stating that he had seen them chip dumping and to be careful.

The other involved three players (who I shall call A, B and C). B and C were playing SNGs on Sky for the first time today. I was told by another reg not to register games involving three players from a particular location, as well as the buyin they were currently playing so that I could find them myself and rail.

7 games took place today. These were:
    (Time - Buyin - Players involved)
    3:55pm - £3.30 - A, B
    4:59pm - £5.50 - A, B, C
    5:43pm - £5.50 - A, B
    7:56pm - £11 - A, B, C
    8:31pm - £11 - A, B, C
    9:10pm - £11 - A, B, C
    9:56pm - £22 - A, B, C (By this point, someone had 'had a word' in the chat and they had gone back to playing normally. It was a DYM, none of the three cashed. Think they ended up losing overall as a result. Karma.)

These are the only SNGs that B and C have ever played on Sky at the time of writing (Source: Everyone's favourite online player results site). None of them played any other games during this period. Two were from the same location, while the third lived within a few miles. Tbf they needed all the help they could get from each other, since their play suggested they'd struggle to understand 52 card pickup.

I also saw some people from the same location hilariously insisting on raising people out of the pot, and playing limit Poker at 20nl once everyone else was out of the pot for a while, including one hand which featured the very rare river min-13-bet and fold to the min-14-bet. I would've thought that it's a 13-bet/call getting about 50/1... I haven't reported it yet since I'm too bamboozled by the weirdness of it, plus I'm really not sure if it warrants a further look from Sky or if it's just two people having some harmless fun and throwing away money. However, my gut feeling was enough to make me stand from a game that looks like printing money. I'll have a look in my HH tomorrow.

---

With people desperate to make a few quid while out of work, I guess some increase in various forms of cheating is to be expected.

While reporting the second instance of DYM collusion today, I decided to follow up on the first report from Thursday, since I had requested a refund for a game in which I was affected. The e-mail I received from live chat back suggested that it is yet to be looked at, stating: "If there is any evidence of collusion, the appropriate action will be taken".

I do understand the importance of not banning someone, confiscating funds etc incorrectly. Furthermore, the increased site traffic means an increased workload for a Poker team that may be working remotely and/or have reduced numbers at present because of the pandemic.

That said, it would certainly be nice to have some assurance that collusion is still able to be looked at in a timely manner, despite the pandemic and the seemingly more frequent attempts to collude that appear to be a product of it.

It would also be nice to know that once something has been reported, I can go back to registering empty lobbies fairly soon after (couple of hours? next day? idk) without worrying about all of the 'suspects' being able to jump into the game, even if it's a temporary measure like stopping X and Y registering the same SNG while Sky takes a closer look. Less games will run if I'm waiting for every game to be 3/6 or 4/6 filled to make sure the game is fair before joining, rather than sitting empty lobbies. Plus lobby-watching is no fun.

Thankfully people seem to be dreadful at hiding what they're doing, but as I write this I'm definitely worried for the future of games that are more susceptible to collusion, at least in the short term while more people are trying to take the p*ss. Hopefully Sky are equipped to deal with it and don't have to resort to anything too drastic.

Great Post mate! Not quite a tr:db however had gave it a fair crack and only skipped the final paragraph :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I would add that stopping playing to send in reports to the support is also very time consuming and stops any multi tabling players from playing (lets say one round of 15 tables 20-30 mins to find all the info on ss, screenshot it, copy and paste it in paint or whatever and write associated email with game numbers etc)... so its also very costly too, merely for just reporting it (pretty much impossible to report it whilst playing).

I would certainly welcome an immediate 'temp ban' whilst players are being investigated - there are times when its so bleeding obvious and you report it immediately yet the same players are on all night (i assume, whilst they are being investigated) thus stopping players that have noticed it from registering - it can therefore affect a whole session and not just the table you are/were involved in with them.

Yesterday there was the most clearest cut example I have ever seen in a dym game:

Player X has 2,6 offsuit and 5000+ chips
    Player Y has J10 and struggling for chips

Firstly, weirdly, there was all sorts of raising and re-raising pre flop from both players (weird seeing as we now know their hands). Weird betting and calling continued on the flop and turn.

Board eventually made player Y a straight, player X had 6 high.

On river, player X bet his 2,6, player Y minimum (only 200 more) re-raised with his straight and player X called with 6 high.

What they almost definitely didnt realise is that by checking the table history the other players can see what player X had (the 2,6).

In short - caught red handed chip dumping.

Player Y continued to play at the tables all evening and the next day, and I assume hasn't been banned. This was 2 days ago and other affected players are yet to receive a refund.

• Options
    What I would like to say separately as I know that was a long reply above....

On the whole Sky is extremely good at sorting this out, its just frustrating it can be a little slow rather than immediate.

Furthermore, I agree with Pingu that in a weird lockdown people will have nothing to do and as such playing online poker with friends will increase, not just on dym but on all formats (pingu above also describes it happening on cash games too).

There is a solution to this and i know its extra work for the support staff, but, please consider introducing private tables for friends... i've seen at least three separate forum threads requesting this... it would also stop the collusion. Can we please push a little harder for this to be an option?

Otherwise, I guess the players just have to look out for it a bit more during these times; certainly, overall, the increased traffic in general has been AWESOME on this site.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Can we confirm that all players who are involved in games where collusion has taken place are refunded and not just the players who report it?

I’ve been lucky thus far and i haven’t seen any obvious collusion on my tables. Not
    putting in as much volume as some would probably account for this as it is clearly happening

I’d still say that on the whole it’s rare though. More so at the minute but still a very small % of games
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,614
    edited April 2020
    Jac35 said:

Can we confirm that all players who are involved in games where collusion has taken place are refunded and not just the players who report it?

I’ve been lucky thus far and i haven’t seen any obvious collusion on my tables. Not
    putting in as much volume as some would probably account for this as it is clearly happening

I’d still say that on the whole it’s rare though. More so at the minute but still a very small % of games

Where refunds are deemed to be appropriate due to jiggery-pokery in a DYM, they are not restricted to those who report it.

As to how long it takes to sort these things out, we are going to have to accept 2 things;

1) There will always be the isolated cases of collusion in DYM's. Nature of the beast, & that's why most sites don't offer them. Sky Poker is small enough at present that for the most part, collusion can be quickly spotted.

2) Sky Poker is a relatively small site with a very small staff head-count, & whilst it's not ideal, they can't work 24/7. So a little patience is always going to be needed.
  • Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    slight error on hh jacq it was the 62o that bet then called the raise on 8789K board