You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Could we squeeze in a few more MTTs for the current traffic boom?

2

Comments

  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 121,286
    miniman88 said:

    A 'moan it in' comp, all the run bad players in one tourney, will be an unreal rail watching 1 outers fly about

    Ha, awesome idea.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,065
    StayOrGo said:

    In addition to the above suggestions, I think you could be really bold and have a £22 BH at 30 minutes past the hour, and a £55 BH on the hour, every hour between mid-day and 7pm tbh.

    Guarantees don't need to be massive to start.

    I think early afternoon traffic at this staking level is an area where more people may now play. I currently play other sites at these times, but would play Sky if there were MTT's.

    Would anyone else play these early afternoon?

    MTT Leader boards, like other sites are doing, would also be great and generate a much needed "fun aspect" at this time too. They could also encourage people to play the afternoon games.

    I appreciate that it would be unethical to be seen to be profiteering during the Corona Virus crisis, but I think moves like this would, in the most part, be a positive thing for comaraderie etc, as long as there was something for the lower stakes too, so not just the higher stake guys can participate.

    Just as a side note, I still advise people to side with caution when betting, but feel increased Poker MTT traffic is "safer" than Spins and increased traffic on the "online casino" side, so would welcome and increased MTT schedule.

    Just a thought.

    I don't know what others views are but personally I don't see how the site has this kind of liquidity and I don't feel its very rec friendly to be adding in a load of £55 games.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 4,843
    Allan23 said:

    Would love a nightly mega stack like the 5.50 Friday and Saturday version, anything 5.50-11

    +1

    Going on the fact the Mini Gold Rush on Tuesday had 1027 runners, I think a £1000 (minimum) G'teed £5.50 Mega Turbo (or Deep) Stack would do well..... for now anyway, (possibly instead of the 9.15pm Deepy )..... :)
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 768
    edited March 2020
    Tbh I think the last thing the site needs is some £55s in the afternoon. Maybe a bigger 11 or 22 as numbers are decent for them. As for the evening literally any suggestion will be a good one in the current climate, anything and everything will cover guarantee by a decent lick
  • Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 183
    Great suggestion. id love to see a 5.50 non bh rebuy similar to the 2.20 one at 6:15 added to the schedule. Agree with others about maybe a £22 or £33 turbo too.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,717
    Two things I'd love to see in an ideal world...

    1. The £22 Mega Stack Bounty Hunter which only ever appears during UKOPS becoming a nightly fixture in the regular schedule. Keep it as a non turbo as there is nothing quite like this in the current line-up and I think the overall MTT offering could do with a little more variety.

    2. There are a couple of time slots which could do with some additional options for my tastes. Firstly, 18:45 - a regular £11 bounty hunter here would be good to see. Secondly, 20:45-21:15 - after the Mini kicks off at 20:30 there is little else I really want to register until 21:30. The Sheriff at 9pm is a little too rich for my tastes and the £5.50 freezeout at the same time doesn't really set the pulse racing in terms of action/numbers. Another £11bh would perhaps fit the bill again.

    Whatever happens, it would be great to see Sky use this unusually busy period as an opportunity to test the waters with a few extra/new events.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 5,447
    To be fair, listen to whatever Dues says , unless its scrap the [email protected] .

    Then dont listen.
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 787
    with Brighton SPT postponed until further notice and a UKOPS coming in early April could those who have say maybe one or two £220 spt seats carried over use them on the UKOPS .. I would like to play say the UKOPS 14 game £220 BH but the buy in for this is out of my price range but having a seat carried over from Manchester SPT which I would have used at Brighton could be used for above game instead …
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 867

    Two things I'd love to see in an ideal world...

    1. The £22 Mega Stack Bounty Hunter which only ever appears during UKOPS becoming a nightly fixture in the regular schedule. Keep it as a non turbo as there is nothing quite like this in the current line-up and I think the overall MTT offering could do with a little more variety.

    2. There are a couple of time slots which could do with some additional options for my tastes. Firstly, 18:45 - a regular £11 bounty hunter here would be good to see. Secondly, 20:45-21:15 - after the Mini kicks off at 20:30 there is little else I really want to register until 21:30. The Sheriff at 9pm is a little too rich for my tastes and the £5.50 freezeout at the same time doesn't really set the pulse racing in terms of action/numbers. Another £11bh would perhaps fit the bill again.

    Whatever happens, it would be great to see Sky use this unusually busy period as an opportunity to test the waters with a few extra/new events.

    Does the 9pm £5.50 freezeout actually get anyone frothy with excitement? People seem to either want bounty hunters or deep stacks and this is neither. Daily Mega instead?
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 11,612
    MattBates said:

    StayOrGo said:

    In addition to the above suggestions, I think you could be really bold and have a £22 BH at 30 minutes past the hour, and a £55 BH on the hour, every hour between mid-day and 7pm tbh.

    Guarantees don't need to be massive to start.

    I think early afternoon traffic at this staking level is an area where more people may now play. I currently play other sites at these times, but would play Sky if there were MTT's.

    Would anyone else play these early afternoon?

    MTT Leader boards, like other sites are doing, would also be great and generate a much needed "fun aspect" at this time too. They could also encourage people to play the afternoon games.

    I appreciate that it would be unethical to be seen to be profiteering during the Corona Virus crisis, but I think moves like this would, in the most part, be a positive thing for comaraderie etc, as long as there was something for the lower stakes too, so not just the higher stake guys can participate.

    Just as a side note, I still advise people to side with caution when betting, but feel increased Poker MTT traffic is "safer" than Spins and increased traffic on the "online casino" side, so would welcome and increased MTT schedule.

    Just a thought.

    I don't know what others views are but personally I don't see how the site has this kind of liquidity and I don't feel its very rec friendly to be adding in a load of £55 games.
    Yes, you may be right @MattBates wishful thinking on my part perhaps, but a few more might be OK.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 6,335

    Two things I'd love to see in an ideal world...

    1. The £22 Mega Stack Bounty Hunter which only ever appears during UKOPS becoming a nightly fixture in the regular schedule. Keep it as a non turbo as there is nothing quite like this in the current line-up and I think the overall MTT offering could do with a little more variety.

    2. There are a couple of time slots which could do with some additional options for my tastes. Firstly, 18:45 - a regular £11 bounty hunter here would be good to see. Secondly, 20:45-21:15 - after the Mini kicks off at 20:30 there is little else I really want to register until 21:30. The Sheriff at 9pm is a little too rich for my tastes and the £5.50 freezeout at the same time doesn't really set the pulse racing in terms of action/numbers. Another £11bh would perhaps fit the bill again.

    Whatever happens, it would be great to see Sky use this unusually busy period as an opportunity to test the waters with a few extra/new events.

    Does the 9pm £5.50 freezeout actually get anyone frothy with excitement? People seem to either want bounty hunters or deep stacks and this is neither. Daily Mega instead?
    113 entrants last night never seen so many in that tourny weird times indeed
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 121,286

    Amended guarantees & new tournaments are now being added to the Lobby, effective today.

    A list of those amended or added are

    HERE

  • chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 125
    This is why Sky is the best B)
  • steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2020

    I agree with matt b

    ''I don't know what others views are but personally I don't see how the site has this kind of liquidity and I don't feel its very rec friendly to be adding in a load of £55 games. ''

    maybe like a 9 @ 9 and 10 @ 10 to go with your [email protected] thing , also having 2 reg speed bh's per hour 12/12.30 - 5/5.30 that are getting 2 or 3x usual entries, perhaps consider adding turbo versions of the normal schedule at the same time or 15/45 past the hour, seems like they would get full
  • Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    Fair play to Sky for incorporating these requests so soon, so much poker on tonight!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 121,286
    steveysee said:


    I agree with matt b

    ''I don't know what others views are but personally I don't see how the site has this kind of liquidity and I don't feel its very rec friendly to be adding in a load of £55 games. ''

    maybe like a 9 @ 9 and 10 @ 10 to go with your [email protected] thing , also having 2 reg speed bh's per hour 12/12.30 - 5/5.30 that are getting 2 or 3x usual entries, perhaps consider adding turbo versions of the normal schedule at the same time or 15/45 past the hour, seems like they would get full

    @steveysee

    Hi bud,

    That reply by @MattBates was in response to a suggestion for a £55 BH every hour from Noon until 7pm.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,065

    In terms of higher buy in stuff I think we could fit in a 55 @ 6:30/7 and a 33 (turbo?) @ 9:30/45 or something along those lines. Maybe something at 11:30 too.

    We tried an early 55 a while back and it did ok for a while but ultimately died due to lack of numbers. Can see it being different now though.

    Maybe others could suggest other things they would like to see?

    Wonder why you suggested this you run good fish!
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 132
    HANSON said:

    with Brighton SPT postponed until further notice and a UKOPS coming in early April could those who have say maybe one or two £220 spt seats carried over use them on the UKOPS .. I would like to play say the UKOPS 14 game £220 BH but the buy in for this is out of my price range but having a seat carried over from Manchester SPT which I would have used at Brighton could be used for above game instead …

    +1 to this

  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 121,286

    @miniman88

    In short, yes, those who have £220 SPT seats "in the bank" can use them for a £220 UKOPS event. They won't be automatically transferred though, you need to request it.
Sign In or Register to comment.