You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

network error

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Update 19th July

The techies are on the case, & from what thy tell me they may well be able to resolve this.

Once I get a timescale, wither myself or Sky Chris, the tech chap sorting it, will update you further.
  • Options
    xDonknGoxxDonknGox Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the updates Tikay, very much appreciated.

Still no updates on what Pokerstars plans for Sky are? It would be a shame if all Sky players ended up being moved over, most will probably already have accounts there anyway. Maybe swap Sky Poker's software with Pokerstars but I think there's 0% chance of that happening.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

UPDATE 8.15pm Saturday 20th July

Hi Guys,

Please see the report, Update, & suggested workaround as posted by Sky_ChrisB who is one of the Sky boffins.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/176040/download-client
  • Options
    xDonknGox said:

Thanks for the updates Tikay, very much appreciated.

Still no updates on what Pokerstars plans for Sky are? It would be a shame if all Sky players ended up being moved over, most will probably already have accounts there anyway. Maybe swap Sky Poker's software with Pokerstars but I think there's 0% chance of that happening.

@xDonknGox

Nope, not heard anything concrete yet.

From time to time I hear things, then it all goes quiet again.

As far as I can tell, the final decision & date has not been made yet, or if it has, they have not told me. Clearly, there are only 2 viable options, but I'd not like to guess which of the 2 they will go for.

So, for now, it's BAU.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Hello guys,

I understand this is an old post, and there are a few others with similar suggestions and ideas about this problem a lot of users seem to have with not a lot of workable solutions. At the start of this year I attempted to play on SkyPoker after a very long absence of not playing any online Poker much at all. However, in the past I had played mainly on Pokerstars for many years.

I am quite technically minded and could not get the Sky Poker client to load, even after contacting support and finally reinstalling my whole OS from scratch (solely to try and get SkyPoker to load) so I found this thread to seek a resolution to the exact issue described as I was suffering the same one. And because playing on the client over the browser would and should have many advantage points, I really wanted to solve the problem and make SkyPoker my primary home to online poker.

I eventually gave up and have been playing elsewhere since, but periodically checked if the client would load.

Just last week I installed another poker related application in relation to my play on the other site, which did not load at start up, quite similar to the symptoms the SkyPoker client had/has, however, an error message did appear with a code. Upon googling this code, it seemed to be related to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and/or Microsoft .NET Framework that are very often found - several versions - in the installed programs within Windows.

After un&reinstalling some of the C++ and .NET framework this other poker application started loading without any issues. By this point, SkyPoker and Adobe Air were no longer on my system.

Earlier today, I received an email from SkyPoker offering me a free Tournament ticket. Out of interest, I redownloaded the SkyPoker client to check if it would load to use this ticket, and to my surprise it loads without any issue now. I only had to reinstall flash player for any tables to load.

So there you have it, I thought I would come along here to share my experience, and hopefully this can end this very long problem that some users are experiencing.

One last point that may be relevant is, that other than the versions of the frameworks/redristributables I downloaded and installed from Microsoft, I ensured I had installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 from within the "Turn Windows features on / off" on the side panel of add/remove programs in Windows control panel (Windows 7).

I am sorry for the length of this post, and apologise if it is completely irrelevant and useless, but I thought I would share my experience in the odd chance it is the very cause and solution to this longlasting problem. It may well have just been sheer luck that the client magically worked today. But anything is worth a shot.

Also, please let me know if there is anything else I can answer. I will check back often and would be pleased to hear if anyone else resolves the client freeze,

Regards.