You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Anti poker is rigged thread

Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
Morning all,

I started a thread offering free coaching, for three reason mainly.

1.) discussing poker and thinking about ideas helps improve me as a player
2.) To give something back to the community rather than just taking
3.) I am sick of "poker is rigged" threads

Point three always bothers me, poker is not rigged, what is rigged is a persons inability to admit they are not good enough and have not put enough work in. You do not have to be a genius to be a good poker player, just a willingness to learn a little creativity and the ability to adapt strategy to the general learning curve.

I got a ton of people contact me and although I was only planning to work with one person initially I ended up deciding to work with three players @mumsie @PKRPar and @Shelley7 to everyone I could not pick I apologise but I would be delighted to do some work with you once this is done / if it goes well.

Hopefully the guys will be happy enough to share there bankroll updates and results and this can be a great thread to show that anyone can improve.

Along the way we will try to post some interesting hands that we can discuss and share any useful educational poker content.

On that note -:

https://youtu.be/LJUitSKQDjI

Two of the best minds in mtts discussing hands. Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Will be a very interested follower of this. Best of luck to all concerned and good to see your students are all active forum users as we'll likely get some good updates/bloggage from them too :).

Got to be honest though, I am a little disappointed that @misterpj isn't a part of this!
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306

Will be a very interested follower of this. Best of luck to all concerned and good to see your students are all active forum users as we'll likely get some good updates/bloggage from them too :).

Got to be honest though, I am a little disappointed that @misterpj isn't a part of this!

I'm more disappointed that misterpj didn't offer his services as a coach? :s As I believe? he's been coaching @MAXALLY for a few years now? ;)
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233

I'll be starting this challenge with a bankroll of £150, and may chuck in a few twitch streams along the way... ;) if anyone sees me on a table ablove £5.50* (MTT) then please shout (type) SHAME, SHAME, SHAME in a Game of Thrones style in the chat box.

*unless I sat in of course.

Operation Unicorn 2 will still be in play but will just be an updated thread about wins or near misses.

@Tikay10 turn on the run good switch please.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Gl with this and to the three picks!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
    PKRPar said:

I'll be starting this challenge with a bankroll of £150, and may chuck in a few twitch streams along the way... ;) if anyone sees me on a table ablove £5.50* (MTT) then please shout (type) SHAME, SHAME, SHAME in a Game of Thrones style in the chat box.

*unless I sat in of course.

Operation Unicorn 2 will still be in play but will just be an updated thread about wins or near misses.

@Tikay10 turn on the run good switch please.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited April 2020
    Thank you Danny for doing this at this current time and good luck @PKRPar and @Shelley7

I sincerely hope this doesn't impact on your win rate and you wish you never posted the offer in the first place.

Here is a brief Idea of where I am how I got here.
    1. Around this period, there was a little Sky study group. I think I ended up not playing poker for a few months, for no particular reason.
    2. Two SPT wins, doesn't count.
    3. I started watching @Duesenberg live twitch stream .
    Im deadly serious about the twitch stream, his analysis of what hes doing and why has seriously helped me in my thinking in some spots.
    They are not meant to be educational , its more a lark and he readily admits his short comings.

I seem to get better results when his stream is fresh in my mind and this tapers off as the days go by.

Having said that my up spike could be down to me just winning flips, as simple as that.

I clearly have many broken things in my game.

With what @Itsover4u has spoke about last night, my tournament play clearly needs stripping back and I need to focus on getting some basic stuff right.

I fired up a few low buy-in tournaments last night and tried to apply what Danny had said.

Focusing on how people were defending their blinds and think about some ranges.

After thinking about how the blinds were playing for a couple of orbits , that went out the window and it was all out war.

I managed a couple of min cashes but mission failed.

Im starting with £150 for Tournaments and £57 reserved for Micro cash games.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,027
    Good luck to all 3. I hope you all smash it and I'm sure you will.

Great of you to do this Danny and looking forward to seeing how you all get on.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    mumsie said:

Thank you Danny for doing this at this current time and good luck @PKRPar and @Shelley7

I sincerely hope this doesn't impact on your win rate and you wish you never posted the offer in the first place.

Here is a brief Idea of where I am how I got here.

1. Around this period, there was a little Sky study group. I think I ended up not playing poker for a few months, for no particular reason.
    2. Two SPT wins, doesn't count.
    3. I started watching @Duesenberg live twitch stream .
    Im deadly serious about the twitch stream, his analysis of what hes doing and why has seriously helped me in my thinking in some spots.
    They are not meant to be educational , its more a lark and he readily admits his short comings.

I seem to get better results when his stream is fresh in my mind and this tapers off as the days go by.

Having said that my up spike could be down to me just winning flips, as simple as that.

I clearly have many broken things in my game.

With what @Itsover4u has spoke about last night, my tournament play clearly needs stripping back and I need to focus on getting some basic stuff right.

I fired up a few low buy-in tournaments last night and tried to apply what Danny had said.

Focusing on how people were defending their blinds and think about some ranges.

After thinking about how the blinds were playing for a couple of orbits and every now and again , that went out the window and it was all out war.

I managed a couple of min cashes but mission failed.

Im starting with £150 for Tournaments and £57 reserved for Micro cash games.

Blimey @mumsie, thanks for such kind words :blush:.

I'm a very limited and inexperienced tournament player so if you've been getting anything like the level of benefit from listening to me that you suggested above then working closely with @Itsover4u will be truly transformative to your game/thinking.

Very best of luck :)
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Started with £150, so here's where we are at after three tourneys;

*drum roll*....

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Love to see it. GL all, look forward to following your journeys.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Good luck chaps, it will be a tough task with the increasing traffic online, hope you all do well.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321

Great stuff by Danny, & he's selected three really worthy chaps.
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Duesenberg

A little while back, when you were twitchstreaming, I was seated, your good self on my left, and Waller on my right, from the get go, first hand, until two two hours plus deep.

Oh, how I wish, every single hand ( every hand) every play, could be shown,seen,for all, to independently, make up,their own minds,on poker skill,and ability.

It would be ' illuminating'....

Good luck, and best wishes,to all,

Five against the field, UKsop, Chrisdonkb,Essexphil,Mynafrett,Mumsie xxx!,..and one from left field. ( very under the radar, ...go by the name of MoulahBenji...) Mr Mathew B... :$€£€€...ates
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    misterpj said:

Duesenberg

A little while back, when you were twitchstreaming, I was seated, your good self on my left, and Waller on my right, from the get go, first hand, until two two hours plus deep.

Oh, how I wish, every single hand ( every hand) every play, could be shown,seen,for all, to independently, make up,their own minds,on poker skill,and ability.

It would be ' illuminating'....

Good luck, and best wishes,to all,

Five against the field, UKsop, Chrisdonkb,Essexphil,Mynafrett,Mumsie xxx!,..and one from left field. ( very under the radar, ...go by the name of MoulahBenji...) Mr Mathew B... :$€£€€...ates

Mumsie? Now I know you are smokin...... ;)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited April 2020

I feel like a little update.

Im mainly playing £2.20 deepies, with some £1.20 allin SATs to bigger B/H thrown in.

I have had no 1st yet.

Im itching to play £5.50s , but havent ventured there yet.
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    April 3rd.yes,it,was.Who tipped?. Number ONE, pick.the class player, and ' banging Poker Gentleman, Mr Chris Don(k) B..yes, second time running, . Who scored, ..out of 30,000 a 15k BINK?...yes,he,did, ..who?...UKSOP..sits TOP?...phenoms?...yes he does.

Dear.nosti.dumbass..PS..Intel.i know ( now!!! Didn't !!!) Who U R. Yeah.nosti..educate me.queens.english.....R.o. f.l...twice.sundays

Chris.poker.HERO.and moulahbenji.and.myna.and.engy.and...Mr essex.????

XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Fluent in Gibberish ^^^^
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    Delete "fluent in" and you've nailed it....
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    misterpj said:

April 3rd.yes,it,was.Who tipped?. Number ONE, pick.the class player, and ' banging Poker Gentleman, Mr Chris Don(k) B..yes, second time running, . Who scored, ..out of 30,000 a 15k BINK?...yes,he,did, ..who?...UKSOP..sits TOP?...phenoms?...yes he does.

Dear.nosti.dumbass..PS..Intel.i know ( now!!! Didn't !!!) Who U R. Yeah.nosti..educate me.queens.english.....R.o. f.l...twice.sundays

Chris.poker.HERO.and moulahbenji.and.myna.and.engy.and...Mr essex.????

XxxxxxXxxxxXxxxx

Just a question but isn't it much, much harder to write like that than to use, for example, English?
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Glgl, looking forward to following updates