You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bigger Tourneys during lockdown.

jonjo75jonjo75 Member Posts: 999
Due to the bigger numbers recently can SKY consider putting on some bigger tourneys now UKOPS has finished?
A daily £100 BH or similar would be nice and I’m positive could make 10k every day while the lock down is still on.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    Whilst the lunchtime tournaments have been upped to £300 from £100 I don't think that they work quite as well.

The timescale should be changed to say 45mins from 30mins so that we get a more decisive result.

After 30mins there are still lots of people left in to share the spoils.

Makes it less attractive to me anyway.
  • Options
    cabbazcabbaz Member Posts: 36
    +1 to the daily 110.

Also, the 11pm £22 hypers also consistently smashed the guarantees, and I think would be a safe bet to continue running? Such a fun format, it's a shame they normally only run during ukops! Any possibility of a lockdown extension here also?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    cabbaz said:

+1 to the daily 110.

Also, the 11pm £22 hypers also consistently smashed the guarantees, and I think would be a safe bet to continue running? Such a fun format, it's a shame they normally only run during ukops! Any possibility of a lockdown extension here also?

I'm pretty sure the 9pm used to be £110 a few years back until numbers declined.

I'm guessing bumping the 9pm buyin up would be how Sky implements such a change. I wouldn't be against trying it while people are at home all day & able to play all the satellites. I'd certainly avoid it on a Sunday where you already have the £110 at 8pm though.

+1 to hypers if there's demand, but let's have 5% rake if we're going to do hyper MTTs please.

If you put a hyper with 10% rake on, a decent % of the field at that buyin are going to be regs who will realise there's no money to be had with 3 minute blinds and 10% rake. Field size drops, guarantee drops, field drops further, repeat until MTT has to be removed from the schedule. I suspect you'll get away with 10% rake during UKOPS as a one-off, but not as part of a regular schedule.
  • Options
    mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    Just posted in a different thread that perhaps the site could sustain decent nightly PLO and PLO8 rebuys?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,097

These comments have been passed Upstairs guys.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

cabbaz said:

+1 to the daily 110.

I'm pretty sure the 9pm used to be £110 a few years back until numbers declined.

I'm guessing bumping the 9pm buyin up would be how Sky implements such a change. I wouldn't be against trying it while people are at home all day & able to play all the satellites. I'd certainly avoid it on a Sunday where you already have the £110 at 8pm though.

+1 to hypers if there's demand, but let's have 5% rake if we're going to do hyper MTTs please.

If you put a hyper with 10% rake on, a decent % of the field at that buyin are going to be regs who will realise there's no money to be had with 3 minute blinds and 10% rake. Field size drops, guarantee drops, field drops further, repeat until MTT has to be removed from the schedule. I suspect you'll get away with 10% rake during UKOPS as a one-off, but not as part of a regular schedule.
    Completely agree regarding the hyper rake (although I would continue to burn money and play anyway as it is a fun gamble. 😁)

I actually think the best slot for the £110 would be 19:30. Agree that it wouldn't be necessary on Sundays.

Thanks @Tikay10 !
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Nice cashes over UKOPS cabbaz, WP
  • Options
    Cheers mate! 😊
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    mushroom1 said:

Just posted in a different thread that perhaps the site could sustain decent nightly PLO and PLO8 rebuys?

Not sure that's a good idea for PL08, It's hard enough to knock somebody out as it is with two pots getting paid out. It's going to take all night to finish the game if players can buy back in.
    To be fair to Sky they have tried a extra £5.50 game it failed (low turn out). They also tried a higher buy in games £11 and £33 both failed.
  • Options

@jonjo75 @cabbaz etc.

Keep an eye on the Lobby guys, James is having a tinker. I'll try to advise further as & when but expect something imminently.

@mushroom1 Sadly, they have repeatedly tried to rev up PLO & PLO8 but it's always ended badly, so I doubt that kite will fly. Shame really as it's genuinely the beautiful game.
  • Options

@jonjo75 @cabbaz

Guys, as I mentioned earlier, James has been tinkering, so a few additions & changes.

1) There will be a new "Big Weekend Bounty Hunter" every Friday & Saturday @ 7.30pm. £110 entry, £10,000 guarantee with a single re-entry available.

2) Summit (the Tuesday £110er) has been modified to a single re-entry.

3) Sunday Major has been modified to single re-entry and the Guarantee increased to £20,000.

Think that means all of the Mains are now single re-entry, excluding of course stuff like Avenger Rebuy, so it all synchs a bit better now.

@mushroom1 there's been no change to the PLO or PLO8 stuff yet I'm afraid, but bitter experience from repeated attempts to offer more of The Beautiful Game have all ended in tears.

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    The 7.15 £5.50 PLO8 BH has been getting good numbers recently, 70 or 80+.
    During UKOPS I think it got 100+ . Might be worth a go, say on a Saturday or Sunday, whilst the numbers have grown,to try a once a week PLO8 headliner £750 or £1000 £11er. If @Tikay10 played might even pull in some of the old plopper gang. Just a thought.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    pompeynic said:

The 7.15 £5.50 PLO8 BH has been getting good numbers recently, 70 or 80+.
    During UKOPS I think it got 100+ . Might be worth a go, say on a Saturday or Sunday, whilst the numbers have grown,to try a once a week PLO8 headliner £750 or £1000 £11er. If @Tikay10 played might even pull in some of the old plopper gang. Just a thought.

^ This
    A £1k £11er sounds good.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Agreed about the £11 PLO8 but let's not get greedy with the Guarantee. At £1,000 I can see it missing, especially after all this hopefully ends and we get back to 'normal'. £11 with £500 Guarantee makes sense. @Tikay10 making an appearance? We live in hope but rumour has it he's scared.
  • Options
    Amazing! @Tikay10 Thanks so much for the super fast response time, it's great to see those changes. Roll on Friday 😊
  • Options
    cabbaz said:

Amazing! @Tikay10 Thanks so much for the super fast response time, it's great to see those changes. Roll on Friday 😊

Thanks @cabbaz

I'd love to take the credit, but it's James who sorts these things. I just send him requests & messages. Lots of them. ;)
  • Options

I forgot to mention yesterday that the £22 Mega Stack BH (£2,000 guarantee) has returned at 8.45pm. It seems to be doing OK at the moment, it made a few bob shy of £3,000 last night.
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    Tikay10 said:

I forgot to mention yesterday that the £22 Mega Stack BH (£2,000 guarantee) has returned at 8.45pm. It seems to be doing OK at the moment, it made a few bob shy of £3,000 last night.

@Tikay10 Can there be the odd SAT for this please?
  • Options
    zadoc said:

Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10 Can there be the odd SAT for this please?
    Hi @zadoc

I'l pass that up to Lord James to see what he says.

• Options

@zadoc

They are visible now mate. Good job you asked, they were there but set to "hidden".

Plenty of them now though, so all'd good.

GL if you dabble.