You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your Daily Question, Tuesday April 21st. Is the government handling the Covid crisis well, or badly?

13»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,026
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    WOW, an improvement on yesterdays 2 minutes?

Coronavirus home testing kits run out in just 2 minutes as 5,000 are ordered
    Downing Street said 5,000 home testing kits were ordered in the first two minutes of a government portal opening

Test slots and testing kits for key workers run out for second day in a row

However, home testing kits were listed as “unavailable” on the government’s booking website just 15 minutes after it reopened on Saturday morning, according to the BBC.

It was also not possible to book tests at drive-through regional sites in England, Wales and Northern Ireland by 10am.
    According to the site, tests at a drive-through regional site in Scotland are still available.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/apr/25/coronavirus-uk-calls-for-transparency-over-scientific-advice-to-ministers-latest-updates
  • Options
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    It could be worse...we could have Trump...nuff said
  • Options
    hurloon1hurloon1 Member Posts: 8
    all seems to be a bit of a joke really . zero scientific or medical evidence proving that lockdown has any more impact on the spread of the disease than social distancing already would have. More people are going to die from cancer than covid as they cant get to hospitals for treatment.

The government are all total snowflakes and cant even come up with a plan to exit lockdown. The daily briefings are a total joke same **** graphs and stats that mean nothing to the regular person.

Seems absurd to ruin the lives of everyone else to extend the lives of the weak/elderly by 3/4 months which is all that lockdown is doing. Spending the money on isolating and taking care of those most at risk seems way more sensible.

1/10 performance.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    hurloon1 said:

all seems to be a bit of a joke really . zero scientific or medical evidence proving that lockdown has any more impact on the spread of the disease than social distancing already would have. More people are going to die from cancer than covid as they cant get to hospitals for treatment.

The government are all total snowflakes and cant even come up with a plan to exit lockdown. The daily briefings are a total joke same **** graphs and stats that mean nothing to the regular person.

Seems absurd to ruin the lives of everyone else to extend the lives of the weak/elderly by 3/4 months which is all that lockdown is doing. Spending the money on isolating and taking care of those most at risk seems way more sensible.

1/10 performance.

Reading between the lines you are basically saying that your personal freedoms are worth more than the lives of people with Covid - 19. Who by the way ARE NOT all elderly.

• Options
    hurloon1hurloon1 Member Posts: 8
    yes
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    I believe what he is trying to say is that countries like Sweden have managed to stay open with social distancing, and not had an increased infection rate.

I really don't know what is best and I'm glad it isn't my job to decide.

Is the NHS at more of a breaking point than it already was? Genuine question because I don't know the answer and that is the main reason for lockdown as far as I am aware.

Another factor to consider is the lives put at risk by shutting down the economy - there are statistics for lives lost vs economic downturn. not a pretty decision but effectively the government are having to put a value on human lives and make a decision on very limited information.

My main concern at the moment is why the government have not managed to do more with testing, I know of multiple people that are "suspected" by the NHS to have covid-19 but have still not been tested.

How can the government possibly make informed decisions when they don't know what is going on.

I can't help but feel like more could have been done to get more people tested, it's been months now since we were aware of the threat and testing seems like the most obvious first step

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    hurloon1 said:

yes

Really ??.

Wow looks like somebody left a blunt tool out when they packed the rest away.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

fall guy...doesn't help himself/rabbit in the headlights but definitely being set up...

TBF I've been impressed with Dominic Raab....

Boris been in hiding as unless he can be Churchillian, I don't think he's mentally ' set up' for the daily grind