You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit????

2»

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit????:
    Hahaha! How did you all guess. Yes it's true I wear my Mrs skirts when shes out! I'm a bit like Alex Reid but more orange!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    fyp!
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited March 2010
    Rule of halves for me.  Withdraw 1/2 of your profit

Start £100  wait till you are up to £200  Withdraw £50

Now £150  wait till you are up to £300  Withdraw  £75

Now £225  wait till you are up ti £450  Withdraw £112.50

ect.  

Bank Roll continues to grow but you get to enjoy the money 
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2010
    its just random for me, all about keeping focus. I relax too easily, so to focus myself - everytime I feel my concentration slipping, I withdraw to an amount in my account that will give me no choice but to win.

Sometimes, I have withdrawn several times in a day, even as little as winning a £20 pot, and withdrawing £10 of it straight away. 

Its not withdrawing for the sake of money for me though, its all about making sure I keep making it !

A note on ebay....I look at it so often - its massive - there must be something on there for me....but I never buy owt!!! what do u guys buy????

....I havent played a games console since super mario and donkey kong on the snes! maybe I shud buy myself one. Very tempted.

DOHH
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    get an xbox ffs... jeeez, its not hard doh.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    In Response to How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit???? : You sir  are a star !!!   ..THAT IS  REAL  bankroll management  .. Everyone take  note,  win it and enjoy it ! and ...  Irish Rover, same thing ....    Tomorrow you might not have money to play poker  BUT so what,   there will be another day, another game  ..   Today we will be Kings  !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    Love the photo Benny lol !!!! Classic

And Cheers for your kind words. I thought i'd pose the question as all anyone seems to go on about on here is bankroll building and managment, the next game , the stakes you can afford to play etc etc but i thought there must be more out there like me that just like to win a bit in order to enjoy the money 
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited March 2010
    you have to enjoy the money or it is pointless playing, in febuary i withdrew £1600 and have taken £400 off this month, i wanted to move up in stakes but had a change of heart. if i moved upto 1/2 a bad session can see you 6 buyins down and i cant get my head around losing £1200 in a few hours.  so i have decided to stick at 50/1 and keep 25 buyins on my account and withdaw £300 when i hit 28 buyins.
  • Options
    BelovedLtdBelovedLtd Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2010
    you have to enjoy the money or it is pointless playing, ...
    Posted by freechips1
    Don't you enjoy playing?

And if you get enjoyment from playing, isn't that the point of it?

I tend to spend all my live winnings on myself, but use my online winnings just to play at higher stakes (which I then lose obviously)

I have withdrawn a couple of thousand pounds after closing poker sites which I'm not going to play again, but generally I'm not going to bother unless I hit a really big score (more than a years wages for example)
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    i Enjoy playing but if your playing for the enjoyment then where does that become linked to playing higher and higher stakes?

Not saying it doesn't - Possibly for you there has to be a lot to win or lose in order for the game to hld your interest

Is it the stakes then then make the game fun for you or would you be just as happy playing 5p - 10p as it's the game you enjoy?
  • Options
    BelovedLtdBelovedLtd Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2010
    i Enjoy playing but if your playing for the enjoyment then where does that become linked to playing higher and higher stakes? Not saying it doesn't - Possibly for you there has to be a lot to win or lose in order for the game to hld your interest Is it the stakes then then make the game fun for you or would you be just as happy playing 5p - 10p as it's the game you enjoy?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

Playing a significantly different stake is almost as much of a variety as playing a different variant of poker

You can't play a freeroll in the same way you'd play a WSOP event, it's a different game; different challenge.

I like playing both and everything in between, the enjoyment is in being able to adapt to the different structures and different playing styles (the reason why some good players can't win at micro stakes levels is because they don't adapt the game they play at higher levels for example)

It means I won't go bust because I'm not going to be hankering to play tournaments I can't afford as I'll be happy to play the cheaper ones when that's the case, but it also means I'm not likely to be drawing a regular income from poker - but I don't need to, that's what the job is for; poker is for the fun.
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2010
    get a PS3 ffs... jeeez, its not hard doh.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    FYP
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How Often Do You Enjoy Your Profit???? : FYP
    Posted by offshoot
    a ps3??? you gota be joking... ps3 owners dont even get the pleasure of paying to play online!