You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Prove to me this is not rigged

pokeherbumpokeherbum Member Posts: 4
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gazzaluf05Small blind125.00125.005312.50
GFKIJKLLBig blind250.00375.0020559.75
Your hole cards
MJB26Call250.00625.0022627.50
gac123Fold
ArrogantFold
pokeherbumAll-in3475.004100.000.00
gazzaluf05Fold
GFKIJKLLFold
MJB26Call3225.007325.0019402.50
MJB26Show
pokeherbumShow
Flop
  • K
Turn
River
  • Q
MJB26WinThree 6s7325.0026727.50

Comments

• Options
    Pure scam
  • Options
    Every night this happens
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    How would we actually prove it though?

It's unlucky yes, but you are gonna lose here more than 1 in 10 times you know.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Prove to me that it is rigged
  • Options
    tsarinatsarina Member Posts: 177
    Well I don't know about all the stats etc, but I do think your choice of player name is rather unfortunate. Here we are in 2020 - who knew?
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    To explain the percentages in @EvilPingu's post, the 86.82% is the percentage of times the 'favoured' players have the 77, they will win 100% of the time. The 13.18% is the percentage of time the less 'favoured' players have the 77, sadly, as you have experienced, they will lose 100% of the time.

I did statistics at school and I'm sure that's how it works. :D
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    Now now @Enut, we all know that 76.8% of statistics are made up on the spot. Apart from the 58.4% which spring to mind immediately, and the 38% which are only evident after study then the true figure is something more akin to 55.5%.

This means that after taking the true, mean and median average % into account it is 100% certain that people with no understanding of probability, odds or percentages will amuse us with yet more inane and unfounded claims that the site is rigged.

Ok now I have defended the reputation of Sky Poker with definitive scientific evidence, I hereby await a final table spot in Sundays Mini Main as my reward.

• Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    Thats not even a bad beat, slightly disappointed tbh
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle AA < A9
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,373
    The best and won. What more proof do you need?
  • Options
    livwiz14livwiz14 Member Posts: 129
    I know it's sometimes difficult when you're in a rut and seem to get done time after time...I've had a wretched run that usually ends with an all in with a very strong and dominant hand only to get rivered...if you overthink it too much I think it can put you in a bad mindset though which is even worse.

Think I'm finally beginning to accept it's all part of the game...it's not exlusive to skybet...it happens on all online sites and in all forms of poker...happened plenty last night watching the big tournie on channel 4 with a field of top class players...

Maybe being accepting of it is a step to being a little better in the long run?
  • Options
    chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    as played nh, what we discussing?
  • Options
    sighcallsighcall Member Posts: 494
    13.18% of the time this hand loses every time
  • Options
    azahuerkazahuerk Member Posts: 59
    73/1 to flop trips with unpaired hole cards so that's your bad beat but of course your opponent has other outs. You should win this hand about 5 times out of 6 so not massive odds against your opponent winning. Good luck and stay safe.
  • Options
    pricey00pricey00 Member Posts: 10
    it is rigged and setup to make people bet and as for what sky get out of it they have to reward dummie play on a daily basis to keep these players interested and coming back and obviously the more players and games they get the more money it is defo rigged only the people who run like gods who u play against in games who seem to win every flip etc will say its not
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    pricey00 said:

it is rigged and setup to make people bet and as for what sky get out of it they have to reward dummie play on a daily basis to keep these players interested and coming back and obviously the more players and games they get the more money it is defo rigged only the people who run like gods who u play against in games who seem to win every flip etc will say its not

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,373
    pricey00 said:

There isn't a tag colour available to describe how solid a player you are.
    So I'll just use green until sky introduce one for you specifically.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    pricey00 said:

Well I'm a losing player on Sky, don't run like Bates and will never play higher than £11 and I think the site is fair and above board so that's that argument blown out of the water.