You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Guarantee reductions & schedule alterations, as & from today, Wednesday 17th June

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

Good morning.

Those who read the Daily Results thread will be aware that Guarantees have come under strong pressure in the last few days. Wall-to-wall Premier League is now going to start, in addition to a full programme of horse racing, most of it televised.

Therefore a number of Guarantees have been reduced in line with existing & anticipated demand and a few MTT's will no longer run.

These are effective as & from today, Wednesday 17th June, until further notice.

The list below is not exhaustive, but covers most of the major changes.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

Main Events;

Marksman £8,000

Gold Rush £8,000

Predator £8,000

Hitman £8,000

Avenger £12,000

Sharpshooter £10,000

Sunday Major £15,000

Mini Events

Marksman £2,500

Gold Rush £3,000

Predator £2,500

Hitman £2,500

Avenger £5,000

Sharpshooter £3,000

Mini Major £3,000

Sheriff £2,500

Turbo BH @ 10pm £2,000

Summit £8,000

The following will not run until further notice;

£10,000 Big Weekend Bounty Hunter Friday

£10,000 Big Weekend Bounty Hunter Saturday

£3,000 Bounty Hunter @ 7pm

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    edited June 2020
    Tikay10 said:

I do understand @Tikay10 / @Sky_SamT although it is a little disappointing that the above are not running at all!

I think lots of the regulars, myself included, would still play the above three MTT's even if their guarantee was halved.

Can I ask why they were chopped altogether rather than just reducing their guarantee to something they'll always hit?

To suddenly completely remove three big buy in MTT's is a shame.

Not meaning to sound egotistical, but from a personal perspective, it is these MTT's that have kept me playing partially on Sky.

I know you have to look after the low and medium stake guys, I get that, but this means there is not a lot left at the high end.

Can't we have them back with half the guarantee? It shouldn't impact the traffic in the other MTT's much imo.

If you make them minimum 7 runners, then you are covered against all in exploitation.

Maybe you can point out my views to the suits? If you think it will do any good. :D

Cheers,

G

I will pass your comments on to the Office Graham.

I would imagine they have been cancelled as they are impacting or are likely to impact upon the Main Events & other established MTT's.

The Big Weekend Bounty Hunter which ran on Fridays & Saturdays, was only introduced in late March early April after lockdown started, & did very well at first, but numbers have been dropping, with last Saturday's renewal costing £2,400 in overlay. This is not sustainable. With Premier League Football now on TV most evenings, this could only get worse.
    edited June 2020
    Tikay10 said:

I will pass your comments on to the Office Graham.

I would imagine they have been cancelled as they are impacting or are likely to impact upon the Main Events & other established MTT's.

The Big Weekend Bounty Hunter which ran on Fridays & Saturdays, was only introduced in late March early April after lockdown started, & did very well at first, but numbers have been dropping, with last Saturday's renewal costing £2,400 in overlay. This is not sustainable. With Premier League Football now on TV most evenings, this could only get worse.

Just think it would be "safe" if the guarantee was halved. Shame, they were great additions and lots would still play the Big Weekenders imo, even with a £5K guarantee.

No more overlay, just have minimum 7 runners and reduce the guarantee further if it looks vulnerable.

@GSmith13 @chicknMelt @cpfc_2010 @jordz16 @loololollo @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @miniman88 @destinycod @MattBates @FeelGroggy @rspca12 @Tedson @scotty77

The guys above, to name just a few, would probably still play it most weeks, and re-enter at times, even with a £5K Guarantee and there are a heck of a lot of others that will play it some weeks, especially with a satellite structure.

Who would and who wouldn't still play this if it just had a £5K guarantee?

And for those who wouldn't buy in direct, would you still try the satellites?

See if we can give @Tikay10 and @Sky_SamT some feedback.
  • lyonsbob06lyonsbob06 Member Posts: 314
    I agree with Graham really and think it would be a shame to lose these games completely. They would always be one I looked for when I play and at least try and Satellite in. Be great to see them stay in some form or another with perhaps half the guarantee like suggested.
  • Sunday8pmSunday8pm Member Posts: 58
    It would be a shame to see the bigger ones go. I would still have no qualms playing them if the guarantees were halved.
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,578
    Sunday8pm said:

It would be a shame to see the bigger ones go. I would still have no qualms playing them if the guarantees were halved.

I agree. I think the satellite timings do not suite everyone and the introduction of direct satellites would improve numbers.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I don't think guarantee reductions will surprise anyone but like Graham I am disappointed with the games that have been removed. Is there anyway that the £55bh could be kept on Friday and Saturday rather than take 2 games from each of those days?
  • FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    I feel inclined to agree that prize pool reductions could make more sense than scrapping it completely. Feels hard to miss say a £5k guaranteed with running satellites.
  • fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    I'm in agreement with others on here, would be better to keep the Big Weekenders and just reduce the guarantee. Seems harsh to lose two of the bigger entries on Fri/Sat.
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    Tikay10 said:

:'(
  • IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    Must admit I really liked playing those games (more donating than playing to be honest!). Would like to add to the voices asking for them to be kept even with a lower guarantee please.
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    has the 7pm slot performed any worse than the 9pm/sheriff slot? I dont really understand why these have all just been removed completely.

I'd like to see the 7pm 55bh stay with a lower guarantee, and possibly making it a £110 on Fri/ Sat
  • Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    I'm sure the 7pm £55 would still get the numbers for a 2k guarantee or even 1.5k like the quickdraw.

I was expecting a drop of in the guarantees across the board, I'm quite surprised at the decision to just give up on them

I haven't been that active as of late but I have enjoyed the addition of the bigger weekend games when I have been able to play.

edited June 2020
    I think this action of removing these games, is a really shame for the site.

You take some of the great players on Sky @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @FeelGroggy @chrisdonkb, @DAVEMCDAID @Tedson to name but a few.

These players inspire me and others, and literally you are taking away the few MTT's that they may play. Other well known grinders like myself @MattBates @loololollo @miniman88 @destinycod @chicknMelt will play other games as well, but it's a shame that we are now losing the MTT's that attract top class players to the site.

Imo, we want the likes of @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @FeelGroggy @chrisdonkb @DAVEMCDAID @JMcCririck @Tedson etc on the site and playing MTT's not just cash, as it inspires people and is a great feeling when some of us mere mortals, bust them.

I personally love to battle against these players, even though I often come out bruised and worse of.

It helps me to improve and makes it not just about the grind :D

Basically scrapping these MTT's, effectively means that the really good MTT players won't play on the site, as the options are too limited.

Recently some top players have come across to play these games and that I think is a good thing, we should welcome them.

People like myself need to play against better players, to improve, otherwise we just exist as multi-table grinders with no ambition to get better.

This decision effectively forces us to play elsewhere to find games that will assist our development as players.
  • destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2020
    StayOrGo said:

You take some of the great players on Sky @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @FeelGroggy @chrisdonkb @Granite89 @DAVEMCDAID to name but a few.

These players inspire me and others, and literally you are taking away the few MTT's that they may play. Other well known grinders like myself @MattBates @loololollo @miniman88 @destinycod will play other games as well, but it's a shame that we are now losing the MTT's that attract top class players to the site.

Imo, we want the likes of @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @FeelGroggy @chrisdonkb @Granite89 @DAVEMCDAID @JMcCririck etc on the site and playing MTT's not just cash, as it inspires people and is a great feeling when some of us mere mortals, bust them.

I personally love to battle against these players, even though I often come out bruised and worse of.

Brilliant troll putting @chrisdonkb in with that lot.

But I also agree, reducing the guarantee seems much better than cancelling them altogether
    edited June 2020

StayOrGo said:

You take some of the great players on Sky @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @FeelGroggy @chrisdonkb @Granite89 @DAVEMCDAID to name but a few.

These players inspire me and others, and literally you are taking away the few MTT's that they may play. Other well known grinders like myself @MattBates @loololollo @miniman88 @destinycod will play other games as well, but it's a shame that we are now losing the MTT's that attract top class players to the site.

Imo, we want the likes of @Alvez11 @alancarr12 @FeelGroggy @chrisdonkb @Granite89 @DAVEMCDAID @JMcCririck etc on the site and playing MTT's not just cash, as it inspires people and is a great feeling when some of us mere mortals, bust them.

Brilliant troll putting @chrisdonkb in with that lot.

But I also agree, reducing the guarantee seems much better than cancelling them altogether
    Hi Ben.

@chrisdonkb always gets the better of me. I think, like yourself he's a class player, under rated and I am sure would be +EV in theses games. But yes, he does grind some lower stakes, so perhaps the grinders section for him for now. But reckon he could crush £110's on here, so I am going to leave him with the "big guns" in the hope he proves me right. :D