You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

PKRPar LIVE ON TWITCH

Comments

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Enut said:

Well it depends. Logically, to me, 'next Wednesday' means THE next Wednesday i.e. two days later. After discussing this with my other half however she insists that if you mean the next Wednesday you, in fact, say this Wednesday, rather than next Wednesday and if you mean the Wednesday after next you say next Wednesday. Interestingly you can also use the term this Wednesday if you are referring to a Wednesday that has already gone i.e. last Wednesday can also be this Wednesday gone.

Pleased that you're going to stream both Wednesdays as this will prevent any confusion.

Your other half has it spot on.

See you all tonight hopefully :)
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    FFS. I thought this was happening on Thursday.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    But what if you'd said it on Thursday? Surely then 'next Wednesday' does in fact mean THE next Wednesday, but so would this Wednesday, unless referring to last Wednesday.

Jesus, I can see why you only stream once every few months!
    ^^^^

He actually streams 3 times a week but his poor viewers are always too confused to realise ;)
    Enut said:

But what if you'd said it on Thursday? Surely then 'next Wednesday' does in fact mean THE next Wednesday, but so would this Wednesday, unless referring to last Wednesday.

Jesus, I can see why you only stream once every few months!

I can see that argument, but it was said on a Monday, which makes it obvious it's next Wednesday (and now tonight because of @NOSTRI)

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Ah I must be be getting confused, there's so many poker streamers now, PKRPar, Mike the Mouth, DNeg, some middle aged bald bloke wearing spandex shorts and swearing a lot about limpers or how he's often getting just a min raise, I think the last one is a poker streamer anyway, sometimes it's not clear.
    Enut said:

Ah I must be be getting confused, there's so many poker streamers now, PKRPar, Mike the Mouth, DNeg, some middle aged bald bloke wearing spandex shorts and swearing a lot about limpers or how he's often getting just a min raise, I think the last one is a poker streamer anyway, sometimes it's not clear.

I'm pretty sure the last one you listed wasn't a stream but rather one of those heart-wrenching charity appeal videos. Something about needing more for help for care in the community cases iirc.
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    I bet none of the wrong people in this thread mean the week after next when they say "next week."
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Next Wednesday is the Wednesday of next week. This Wednesday is the Wednesday of this week......but at least it got an extra stream out of you.
    35 minute countdown.

This is clearly going to split camps. High tension stuff from 6.30pm.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,811

What night will this be?
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    Sky should definitely think about throwing these guys a bone of some sort.

I haven't played on Sky outside of stream nights since last Autumn. The rake I generate isn't worth a lot but I wonder how many more people deposit and do a bit of punting just to get more involved in the stream?

With some exposure from the Sky promo machine, I'm sure the stream team could drive some extra traffic to the site.
    Thanks guys for the chat and viewership last night. Was good fun and a deep run in the main (13th); sadly no bounties which was weird to go that deep.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,515
    The--Don said:

Sky should definitely think about throwing these guys a bone of some sort.

I haven't played on Sky outside of stream nights since last Autumn. The rake I generate isn't worth a lot but I wonder how many more people deposit and do a bit of punting just to get more involved in the stream?

With some exposure from the Sky promo machine, I'm sure the stream team could drive some extra traffic to the site.

I think Sky looked into this but could not justify the running costs. Translators were asking for too much and those bleep machines are not cheap.

Joking apart, I think it is great to see all these good twitch streamers (and dues) playing games on Sky Poker. I even reg games, which I maybe wouldn't play, if I know a streamer is playing and showing those games.

Not sure how it could work financially, but defo something the marketing boys should look into now Sky Poker is moving into the next phase.
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    PKRPar said:

Thanks guys for the chat and viewership last night. Was good fun and a deep run in the main (13th); sadly no bounties which was weird to go that deep.

good stream when you on next
    lfccarl said:

PKRPar said:

good stream when you on next
    Hopefully next wednesday.

(@NOSTRI what dates that?)
    Well after the Wednesday debate last week, we go again tonight!

Main event and some other nonsense along the way. Come join, listen to some decent music and chat in the....chat!

twitch.tv/pkrpar
    *cough*

from 6.30pm!
    WE LIVE PEOPLE!!!

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    GL tonight!