You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Swog's MTT Diary

2»

Comments

• Options
    Viking25Viking25 Member Posts: 46
    Enjoying the thread - nice work getting so much volume in around a full-time job. Always nice to end a Sunday with a bink, especially one which sees you sneak into profit for another week :)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited July 2020
    Swog said:

Thanks @Cammykaze for your kind words! It is really appreciated!

I have dropped the £11s from the schedule last week but hopefully bring them back in the not so distant future.

How is your poker going at the moment?

Not playing too much this month. Been focusing on other things.

Will be playing more this week though :)
  • Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    edited July 2020
    I decided to reduce my poker schedule from 5 days to 4 days this week (and going forward). Although I've been working during lockdown, it seems activity is picking back up as is the demands of our client base. I've got a good balance between WFH and office working at the moment so long may that continue :)

Poker offers a heathy escape from the stresses of work; the alternative would be playing COD/FIFA or opening up my laptop and doing work! If I can continue to make a modest side income then that's a bonus :)

Week 6 Results (w/c 20th July 2020):

I played Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday with weekly results as follows:

MTT Played = 36
    Total Buy Ins = £119.10 (mitigated by FTT 2nd place tokens)
    Avg BI = £3.31
    Total Winnings = £152.54
    Total Profit = +£33.44

I managed to read Dara O'Kearney's PKO Book this week, which certainly opened my mind to ways in which I need to improve. I also subscribed to a silver membership of Sharkscope to see what all the fuss is about. I'm also fishing around for a good training website at a reasonable cost; I'm making best use of the free material on PokerCoaching and RunItOnce for the time being.

I sat out a Sunday session as next week is likely to see our 4 poker sessions being the first 4 days of the week (Mon-Thus) due to my trip to The Lakes next weekend. We may drop one of the weekday session and perhaps make a session on the Monday.

Results so far:

Start Bankroll = c.£80
    Current Bankroll = £751.43
  • Options
    The detail of my weekly session for those that are interested as follows:

(I need to work on a better format at some point)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    I like the colour code idea and other things. It's professional looking however.....

can't look at that spreadsheet for too long as its sore on the eyes. :)
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

I like the colour code idea and other things. It's professional looking however.....

can't look at that spreadsheet for too long as its sore on the eyes. :)

Thanks @Cammykaze

Agreed, the colour coding is hurtful on the eyes. I will probably use a lighter shade of red perhaps.
  • Options
    neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    gl m8 weve been on a few tbles together am sure u will do ok
  • Options
    Thanks @neenio.

I recall we had a cracking heads up battle a couple of weeks ago. Although I’ve dropped £11s for now, I hope to be back in those fields soon and I’m sure we will cross paths more then :)

I do miss the £11s given the experience playing in slightly tougher fields but I really need to grind out the micros for a while to firm up the fundamentals before I jump back up.

How are you getting on results wise recently?
  • Options
    neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    thanks ye was a good battle ye been doing ok
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    W/C 3rd August:

After a week away from poker, I took to the tables and reintroduced the £11s, but making sure we remained at an average buy in of no more than 1% of bankroll. It was good to mix it at the tables with some of Sky Poker's best players again!

I didn't manage any wins this week but did manage three 2nd place finishes; a week of near misses!

Our best days this week were Wednesday 5th Aug and Sunday 9th Aug as follows:

I actually managed to get to the table every day this week and our results as follows:

I'm looking forward to a week off work this week. A welcome break after being pretty much nonstop since March! I haven't got anything planned, just a lot of annual leave to use! I'm likely to be at the poker tables most of this coming week though! Average Buy In permitting, we may venture into unchartered territory and mix in some £22s (i like the look of the Mega Stack!)

Progress so far

Start Bankroll = c.£80
    Current Bankroll = £813.34
  • Options
    Jeni82Jeni82 Member Posts: 60
    @Swog: Well played on the 9:30pm £11 tourney last night!