You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

this better not be an issue I will be furious if it is

2»

Comments

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,123
    Optometrists and opticians have the option of opting in by operating the optimal opt in option.

Bored, off for a walk.
  • AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    How do we know if we've registered? I hit the button to register but I'm not shown on the league table. Probably not enough points but i want to make sure. :)
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited August 2020
    AMD68 said:

How do we know if we've registered? I hit the button to register but I'm not shown on the league table. Probably not enough points but i want to make sure. :)

There does not appear to be a way to check for yourself.

Ask Customer Care. Start by clicking help & support at the top of the screen then follow down past the FAQ stuff and click on the Contact Us button.

I normally use livechat.

When you get through to an operator ask if they could please confirm if you are opted in already and they will let you know (after the usual security checks).
    Personally amazed to have scored as many points as I did, but there are some surprisingly big hitters at the top of my league (two).
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    I see @MattBates has entered himself into League 1. The man has no shame.
    Allan23 said:

I saw that as well. He's a smart cookie, why fight for the top of the main league when you can cruise to the top of a lower league.

That's why I went for the lowest league and still didn't appear, though last night was a particularly quiet night for me. :)
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Allan23 said:

It's so hard to work out what league is best to go for. I never seem to get it right, hopefully it works out well!
    Turns out I registered on 31 July, which is good but my points can't even get me on the first rung of the bottom ladder :) . I'm going to resist the temptation to chase points as it'll be a sure fire way to fail to cash 100% of the time.

My names Andrew btw, was previously on Sky Poker a millennium ago (well a decade ago), but just dabbled. Back dabbling again while Covid frees up some of my so called free time. Hoping this will be a permanent feature of my leisure time going forward :)
    Welcome (back) Andrew.

As for for the Bates in League One controversy, maybe (just maybe) it would be better if priority players were restricted to the Premiership and Championship?

It would be better for me admittedly. I would even be open to a bit lower top prize money and deeper places paid in the lower 2 leagues to encourage more recs.

Just talking. Open to other opinions.

Allan23 said:

He's the very definition of a sleeping giant.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,477
    wow looks like i started a viral thread without even trying some lonely teenagers would give their left leg for that sort of success.

i see a few people have raised one or two issues one is it is not clear when we opted in all the time to promotions. I think this is a problem with the software generally i cannot multi table on this site to the same extent i can on poker stars and part of this problem is the software. looking at the reviews on trust pilot beside the loads of angry casual players claiming reptillian overlord conspiracies (rig conspiracies) the reviews worth reading constantly highlight the software is not good. I could get in more volume thus generating more rake for the site if the software were improved.

note maybe the conspiracy theories are worth reading if your bored and want a laugh.

the next issue is people complaining about high volume players selecting certain leagues, i do not blame them for doing this they want to make the most money they can and all putting themselves in the same league is not the way to do this. the site cant limit them to the same league as then it becomes been a vip has a disadvantage for this promo they want people to want to become vips so that does not make sense.

i think its a shame that low volume vip cant take much money in any leagues i suppose if i literally went flat out and did not have a day job i could maybe compete more.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Tikay10 said:

MP33 said:

SMARTGOAT said:

I wish it would always say 'opted in' I always question whether it's worked or not.

----

Me too

Opted in again just to make sure
    @MP33

Yesterday, or today?
    @Tikay10

Yesterday which was Monday (if i,d replied yesterday)

I checked leaderboard but didn,t show on it . I got about 103 pts on Monday so not sure if that just wasn,t enough to get on leaderboard or its not opted in properly.

I went for league 1

(Not to fussed tbh as i won,t get chance to play much this week anyway)

P
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Phantom66 said:

Welcome (back) Andrew.

As for for the Bates in League One controversy, maybe (just maybe) it would be better if priority players were restricted to the Premiership and Championship?

It would be better for me admittedly. I would even be open to a bit lower top prize money and deeper places paid in the lower 2 leagues to encourage more recs.

Great point there
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Phantom66 said:

Welcome (back) Andrew.

The issue with that is even within priority you get big differences in points players earn. You will end up with the promotion being better for sub 10k players than those that earn 10-20k points.