You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

GGPoker - I'll be OK, but what about you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397

Allan23 said:

Cammykaze said:

If the site notice a pro playing a set amount of hours or winning over a certain threshold per month while having T+Cs to say can't be a pro here then they can do this I guess.....

Will have a look at the 2+2 thread as it's bound to be fireworks :innocent:

Are all these bans and confiscations only for cash players? Or are big winning MTTers at risk too?
    I've only heard of cash so far.
    Sweats off now @Allan23 ;)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    Wouldn't it be funny if they promoted their biggest MTTs with the note 'Whilst you may think you are playing to win $xx,xxx, please be advised that we reserve the right to actually keep that prize money if we think you are too good at this game' :)
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Scary stuff. It looks like they're trying to end the life of the cash game pro but I think this will just be a big case of cronyism because there's a lot of varied interpretation involved. I mean they're not going to be booting any GG pros who win too much, are they?

They aren't mucking about either. If they think you don't fit their ecology they will straight up take your whole roll but give your deposit back in some cases.

Yes, there's a huge thread on 2+2 about a German Pro who had something like $180,000 confiscated, though I believe the guy got his initial $50,000 deposit back eventually.
    He was banned from another gg network that was why his money was confiscated!
    I think the German Pro is a bit shades of grey due to the previous ban, but others who haven't been banned have also had large sums stolen (eg VeniVidi, who played Phil Galfond, also claims he lost a huge sum). I don't know how they can be so confident that people know that skins are the same site, I heard of Natural8 through their sponsorship a few years ago, but had no idea it was a GG skin until.a month or so ago. I have never played on either, so don't know how obvious the connection is, but it at least seems possible he wasn't aware of it.

Pleno's tweet was fantistic obviously.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116
    It is bound to be the case that not all players know all of the skins etc.
    However, the gentleman in question had played on Natural8, had apparently breached conditions, and been informed in writing that he was banned from the GG Network

He then deposits $50,000 dollars on the GG Network. I don't buy his story that a professional poker player does not know where he is depositing $50k, particularly when he has kept the exact details of the ban, from the exact place he then deposits.

Different question in relation to the money over and above the $50,000. Pure profit? Can see that being forfeit. But what about subsequent deposits, rakeback (which is, after all, only a %age of rake) etc. Seems to me to be a clear argument for more than the original $50k being returned.

I have played at GG on and off for some time. I find the comment that they are making it uncomfortable for people making a living there rather amusing. One of their site pros regularly 30 tables MTTs right down to $5 tournies. And doesn't put any of those results on pocket 5s, even though he has tracked cashes of 8 figures on other sites. Rather odd, hiding your sponsor.

He's not doing anything wrong. Great player. Good luck to him. But does not fit with the OP, unless GG only want their sponsored players to behave in that way.

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    It is 3 years ago or so, and who reads every email fully? You have been banned blah blah is how I read my emails, and that is just the ones I actually read. Maybe lawyers are different? If he was trying to cheat them, why use his own name and the same ID documents when it is pretty easy to get hold of a friend's details (FWIW I have never done this for poker, but know of plenty of others who have done this).

I just don't think it is a given that he knew they were related given I didn't until a few weeks ago, and I have been on the borders of professional poker for many years? It is one of those things where I think it is likely he knew, but he says he didn't and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable taking 130k from him in those circumstances. I just think that makes me worse than him. Just pay him the difference and tell him of he ever comes back he loses the lot.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116
    edited August 2020
    Doooobs said:

It is 3 years ago or so, and who reads every email fully? You have been banned blah blah is how I read my emails, and that is just the ones I actually read. Maybe lawyers are different? If he was trying to cheat them, why use his own name and the same ID documents when it is pretty easy to get hold of a friend's details (FWIW I have never done this for poker, but know of plenty of others who have done this).

I just don't think it is a given that he knew they were related given I didn't until a few weeks ago, and I have been on the borders of professional poker for many years? It is one of those things where I think it is likely he knew, but he says he didn't and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable taking 130k from him in those circumstances. I just think that makes me worse than him. Just pay him the difference and tell him of he ever comes back he loses the lot.

Everyone IS different, true. But the people who go online with the item they have kept from 3 years ago are probably closer to Lawyers.

That said, the taking of $130K is different. I can see an argument for keeping some of that money. But certainly not all of it. Particularly where they have not refunded any other player in relation to that money. It would not surprise me if GG do exactly what you are suggesting.
  • Options
    Anyone know why he was banned from the GG Network? Based on the current culture of blame was it because some of his ancestors invaded Poland and thus caused the Second World War?
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    Enut said:

Anyone know why he was banned from the GG Network? Based on the current culture of blame was it because some of his ancestors invaded Poland and thus caused the Second World War?

He was banned for bumhunting, and they called it predatory behaviour that didn't fit their ecology. Nothing particularly nefarious.

Funny you mention the German thing, as there were a whole bunch of xenophobic jibes making there way into that thread, followed by bans and post deletions. It's par for the course and apparently these fellas deserved to have their money taken for starting the war!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Apologies if humour isn't allowed any more.

https://youtu.be/yfl6Lu3xQW0