You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

September promotion - CASH KINGS. Starts Monday. £40,000 to be won.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

why is 10p 20p in level 1 it should be in level 2

@lfccarl

Why, in your opinion, should it be in Level 2?
    on the lobby micro is 2p 4p and 5p 10p
    and low is 10p 20p to 25p 50p
    just see it more fairer for micro players
    Understood, but if it were the other way round, as you suggest, players would still complain.

It's impossible to have Promotions set up each month in a way that pleases all players.

YCPSOTPSOTTBYCPAOTPAOTT, as Mr Lydgate famously wrote.
    all promotions are for high stakes players any way
    no they're not
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    can't believe you lot moaning about a promotion ffs get in the real world
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

why is 10p 20p in level 1 it should be in level 2

@lfccarl

Why, in your opinion, should it be in Level 2?
    on the lobby micro is 2p 4p and 5p 10p
    and low is 10p 20p to 25p 50p
    just see it more fairer for micro players
    Understood, but if it were the other way round, as you suggest, players would still complain.

It's impossible to have Promotions set up each month in a way that pleases all players.

YCPSOTPSOTTBYCPAOTPAOTT, as Mr Lydgate famously wrote.
    all promotions are for high stakes players any way
    Give over.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    K0BAYASHl said:

We should run a side bet on who will win. My money is on lololollo

I'll say Groggy
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541

Off the top of my head......

Streak Week?

Eliminator Freerolls?

Escalator Freerolls?

What about golden ticket? 10 poker points gets you a bronze ticket.

• Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    Heaven forbid a poker site has back to back promotions that increase rake contributions for themselves. Rascals.

Thankfully there's no flies on us and we are wise to this outright injustice.

We will look back in 2022 enlightened and know that the only fair way to operate was to gift money into all our accounts every week.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    Having a promo like this makes perfect sense to incentivise action in the deadest months of the year. On a personal level I don't especially enjoy them, as I don't find the value of the leaderboards make up for the tougher games that run. But action is always more scarce this time of year.

Sky have had a bunch of promos this year aimed towards lower point earners. There has also been dym exclusive promos. But aim a promo primarily to high cash rakers and people don't like it.

Compare the promos on sky to any other poker site and you'll find the lower points earners have it very nice here.
  • Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74

Having a promo like this makes perfect sense to incentivise action in the deadest months of the year. On a personal level I don't especially enjoy them, as I don't find the value of the leaderboards make up for the tougher games that run. But action is always more scarce this time of year.

Sky have had a bunch of promos this year aimed towards lower point earners. There has also been dym exclusive promos. But aim a promo primarily to high cash rakers and people don't like it.

Compare the promos on sky to any other poker site and you'll find the lower points earners have it very nice here.

+1 to all this. The players you think are benefiting most from this promo aren't. The site is running a business. Look back in a few years and see how lucky we are.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489

all i was saying all these rake race are for high stake players
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2020
    Rake races are the worst.

Please do better sky
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

can't believe you lot moaning about a promotion ffs get in the real world

The problem isn't that there is a promotion, it's that this particular type of promotion makes it very unappealing for recreational players, or any player without a realistic chance of winning for that matter (which is 99% of the player pool). Even the ones that win don't have fun, they literally grind their life away for a week in hopes of finishing in the top 1 or 2, otherwise their entire 80 hour week has been a complete waste of time. Tables are (more so than normal) filled with regs mass multi tabling. There are no good tables. Every one is filled with almost all regs, being nitty because they have a million tables. Not only does this make it less fun for everyone involved, it drives away recreational players, possibly for good.

Even as a winning reg, I avoid rake races like the plague because I know it's full of regs being boring nits. Even if you do manage to make some money it will be no fun because all everyone is trying to do is play as many hands as possible without losing money.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    lfccarl said:

all i was saying all these rake race are for high stake players

@lfccarl

Well, for the record, you said something quite different;

"all promotions are for high stakes players any way"

Which ignores Eliminator Freerolls, Golden Ticket, Streak Week etc. Eliminator Freerolls "cost" 25 points per day, Golden Ticket as little as 10 points per day iirc, & Streak Week had a league that could be - well was - won by playing £1.10 DYM's.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It's really difficult to come up with different Promos every month that suit everyone. In fact I'd say it's impossible. I'll be very surprised if any poker site can match the range & variety of Promotions Sky Poker consistently offer.

Taking part is not mandatory. If you want to take part in this one, Opt In. If you don't like the Promo, don't Opt In.

• Options
    Sorry to be so negative Tikay, I just hate rake races with a passion & feel like they do more damage than good.

Sky generally do a great job with promotions
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    Some fair comments, some not so fair.

These kind of rake races encourage players to start tables which is crucial when volumes are struggling. Also, this year we've ran fewer rake races than in any of the previous years due to the influx of rec players during lockdown and the cancellation of our Vegas trip. What happened during lockdown though was the regs went after the recs money harder than ever and rake from Priority players made up the highest ever % of total site rake.

At then end of the day every promo is designed to encourage a targeted group of players to play more so they will always favour those that put in the most effort. If our main focus was to keep the games as soft as possible we would cap multi tabling or even ban players like GG Poker.

I think we do a decent job of balancing promos to appeal to all players but obviously we can't please everyone at once due to budgets.

P.S no rake race in October!
  • Options

REMINDER - this starts at Midnight tonight

If you plan to get involved - don't forget to Opt In.

If you don't plan to get involved - don't forget not to Opt In.
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10
    This may have been asked before, but, will cash points gained today (Sun) count if session finishes 00:01 (Mon)?

• Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    RAKE

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Red_King said:

Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10
    This may have been asked before, but, will cash points gained today (Sun) count if session finishes 00:01 (Mon)?

@Red_King

Ha, very good question.

It feels wrong but I can see here you are coming from. ;)

Let me see if I can get a clarification.

• Options

@Red_King

Sorry for late reply, I forgot about this.

I think they will, yes, but in effect you have nothing to lose by doing so except any additional time you spent on site this evening.