You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would be your ideal 6 max line up?

2ยป

Comments

• Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Tikay10 said:

@bert21

Bit of a darts guy then? Tell us more please.

Still play? At what level?

Tikay10/Waller02
    Don't play now and haven't for quite a few years. Played county darts for Warwickshire for just under 20 years 1982-1999. Beat Eric in the British Gold cup pairs 4-1 quarter final (lost in the semi though) 1984 i think, also played in the World Masters in 1985 after winning the county playoff then getting through the England playoff in Warrington , then down to London to play in the Masters ( think i reached last 32). Also played in the National finals Daily Star newspaper doubles in 1984? in the Banqueting Suite at Lords Cricket ground with some of the Lords Taverners in attendance, it was their charity that itwas run in aid of.
    Probably couldn't throw stones at a mad dog now if i tried let alone darts
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Well, well, well.

the boy, pj, got it, in the locker, in SPADES, boom basil brush, boom.

Circa,v late 70s,or early 1980s, Eltham, high street, SE9,

Probably? Gpc70, can confirm, at least part of this, only problem, age diff.

Eric Bristow, at the time, girlfriend, Maureen Flowers, the Ladbrokes, no, not them, the ( then) sports shop! yes, it was, yes they were, Eltham High Street, on the corner, just opposite, the first McDonald's, yes, oh yes, McDonald's, on the corner, few yards, from Eltham Officer Dibble.

Above,Mac Ds, the Luicanna Snooker Club, a legendary, snooker club, in Sarf East landan tarn, not just, well, cant comment, as proof, go check the tinternet, or, any Pot Black archive, misterpj, here, their, everywhere, many, ton plus breaks, in the Lucianna, owner, Mr Adds, sons, my blinking proper mates, from school, Lous Adds, and his brother, Danny Adds, check, pot black (BBC at the time, cutting edge, lol, one frame, yep, one frame shoot out) Danny Adds, on that, misterpj,only a ton plus merchant, Danny, ask around s. e London, was, the Ronnie of the time, in the Lucianna, the gambling table, was table One, in the corner, and, the club, had, 30 plus, full size.

Mr Bristow,.. misterpj, is, left handed, even today, as I type, the exact, same Bristow hold, oh yes, Eric, had, dartitous, fact, in that sports shop, Eltham, on that Saturday morning, the young upstart, that hit, the 180,v Bristow,was misterpj, fact, babi, made, both, TheNewsShopper, and, South London Press, of, course, it counts, for sweet, nada, but, supreme, for THE CLASSIC Car, to bring back, long since, forgotten memories, so much, in the bank, and forgotten, where, is that dictafone?

Darts, Snooker, betting, lived it REAL, go ask, another, crackerjack, off a lass, HellsBells,, yes Tony, with all, the antagonism, set aside (should be) when, Helen was still, soccer a. m, and with, James (wade) ,..
    It was (rip) Marty, (right) that coached her (Helen) for the Ladbrocks, Helen, used to stop by, blinking Aston Martin,.. on her way home, she, is, a cracking, cracking, lass, love her, more so, for,sticking it, right up, the betfair forum, under her own name, I digress.

Dream, 6 max, table (two sections, both.. erm, be, very very lively)
    I call, and raise you, large.

Seated, in order, 1.Joe Beavers 2.Doyle Brunson 3.Mike Sexton 4.Victoria Coren Mitchell 5. misterpj 6.Liv Buree. floorman Aggro, my corner man, the Lizard, Mr Bloom, get on, like house on da fire.
    and, in the moment;

1. Matt Bates 2.misterpj 3.NOSTRI 4.madprof 5.mumsie 6.gleneig.
    Floormen, would be a miracle, but, Tikay10 and pompeynic ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Not, remote, as stupid, as, perceived, and, check, the Rail, later,

Misterpj, in, mucho, genuine, zero angst, live, to all. Xxx
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

@misterpj

yes Tony, with all, the antagonism,

There's no antagonism at my end towards you Paul, I just try to help you.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    1. John McEnroe - really interesting guy and not too shabby at tennis too.
    2. Maggie Thatcher - just to ask her what she thinks of the current bunch of MPs.
    3. Robin Williams - funny, funny guy.
    4. Marilyn Monroe - to find out exactly what happened at the end and she was stunning.
    5. Chris Holliday - my mate who died last year, miss him, would like to chat with him again.
    6. God - to ask him wtf he's doing. He won't turn up though, he doesn't exist.
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Enut
    Almost put Robin Williams in my line up, very funny guy. Good choice
  • Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    Rinkhals said:

Mine would be as follows:
    Daniel Negranu You can't leave out the most profitable calling station in the world lol

Phill Laak For his barmy but somehow bang on logic and table talk.

Tony G. You need a darn good wind up merchant for my next suggestion lol

Phil Helmouth. Just got to have him for when I call his raise with 2,3 off and flop A,4,5 and he barrels into it and explodes lol

Liv Boeree. Just so I can say to her I'm all in lol. I know, I know in this pc charged era it's wrong but **** it's still funny and she is a world class player.

Hi, are you interested in me?

In all seriousness, I am good friends with Liv Boeree. I appeared on her youtube channel in one of her science videos. Do you want me to ask her to play you HU4eollz?
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    edited September 2020
    Robin Williams was a great guy and a great actor but his comedy was atrociously bad if you ask me. I tried to watch some of his stand up once and it was actually painful. It's the same in a lot of his interviews. Very hard to watch. It was that bad that I had to google to try and find out what the **** was going on, but I was relieved I'm not the only one and reddit was full of threads of people pondering the same thing.

Squeaky noises and speaking very very fast is not funny in my opinion. It's subjective, of course.

RIP to a superb actor, though. His performance in One Hour Photo is one of the best I've seen.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Robin Williams was an absolute genius.

He was incredible in so many films, loved his performances in Mrs Doubtfire and Patch Adams.

I'll need to check out some of his stand up on youtube.

Total entertainer and sadly missed.

• Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    Turbonutta
    Blues53
    Bluedevil
    0mc
    The guy who turned upto 10/20 Omaha one night and just kept pressing bet pot till he donked off 20k (forget his username).
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    edited September 2020
    @percival09

In all seriousness, I am good friends with Liv Boeree. I appeared on her youtube channel in one of her science videos. Do you want me to ask her to play you HU4eollz?

A very, very tempting offer but I was once told NEVER meet your idols because you're only setting yourself up to have your illusions shattered. That and I've a feeling she'd wipe the floor with me due to my being awestruck lol.