You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RSPCA Coaching

124678

Comments

  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,423
    Arrogant said:

    How many coaches are there on this site i wonder.Why are non of them getting involved in this thread?

    They're probably being respectful of the fact that @rspca12 started this thread to reach players interested in coaching and not to start an inane argument about the merits of such a thing.
  • tonyp142tonyp142 Member Posts: 32
    You could argue that coaching will keep players in the games for longer. Poker is tough. As a beginner it’s so much harder that when most people started playing. New players don’t have the luxury of the soft games lots of people used to play in so a little help seems fair to me.

    Think there’s a bit of an assumption here by you Arrogant also that the players that get coached are all of a sudden going to be playing full time and jumping into all the same games as the coach. Yes sky is a small site but quite unlikely that a player will be hurting the coaches bottom line in the bigger buy ins unless the person getting coached puts in a **** ton of work off the table.

    Many that get coached will play as a hobby, will probably drift in and out of poker, most will work full time in other jobs. Think you should vent your frustrations elsewhere. Feels a bit snobby to not want others to improve. All the best players got coaching somewhere along the way or had access to speaking to other good players.





  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 169
    I could leave it at that and the forum go back to ghost town, but i did have some more points to make.



  • AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    What a great thread!

    Good luck with the coaching (takes a special person to be a good coach)
    Good luck to those being coached (it takes a special person to understand poker)
    Good luck on the tables everyone (whether you're 'special' or not)
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 386
    Arrogant said:

    I could leave it at that and the forum go back to ghost town, but i did have some more points to make.

    Please share them. If nothing else, their slight incoherence and fundamental flaws mildly amuse me momentarily.
  • Scouse_AAScouse_AA Member Posts: 2
    I don't play on Sky and have no bias either way about improving the player pool, although improving losing players is ALWAYS good for the whole poker economy.

    Believing that 4 or 5 sessions with a coach will bring your own game up to a level which has taken the coach literally thousands of hours of off table work is simply ludicrous

    I do however, know RSPCA very well and work and study alongside him and would 100% recommend him to provide a service and insight that will improve the game of players of any ability.

    Peace and love
  • ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 618
    @Arrogant
    At the time of me posting this, there are 1882 players seated. Is there 1 full ring tourney on sky? Rest are 6 max. So you have 1/300 chance of running into one of RSPCA's puppies (you see what I did there?) Even if 10 players signed up for coaching and are all online at the same time, a 1/30 chance of running into somebody who he has coached.
    Yes, the player pool is small, but so are those odds. Especially considering the coached players will not miraculously turn into Viktor Blom as soon as RSPCA whispers his treacle into their ears.
    Remember what Master Yoda said. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. You my friend, are on the path to the dark side.

  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 613
    edited September 2020
    ShaunyT said:

    @Arrogant
    At the time of me posting this, there are 1882 players seated. Is there 1 full ring tourney on sky? Rest are 6 max. So you have 1/300 chance of running into one of RSPCA's puppies (you see what I did there?) Even if 10 players signed up for coaching and are all online at the same time, a 1/30 chance of running into somebody who he has coached.
    Yes, the player pool is small, but so are those odds. Especially considering the coached players will not miraculously turn into Viktor Blom as soon as RSPCA whispers his treacle into their ears.
    Remember what Master Yoda said. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. You my friend, are on the path to the dark side.

    RSPCA's puppies im defo using that as the skype name
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 5,345
    I've just caught up with this thread.

    @Arrogant are you going through a midlife crisis or in need of attention?

    Someone is offering coaching what's the purpose of trying to derail?

    I never had you down as a troll.






  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 5,867

    In order to help balance the ecology of the site, I too will be offering private coaching.

    If you're a good or average player looking to become a shite one, drop me a pm for more info on my rates.

    Or just turn on, tune in & drop out every monday night and learn for free....😆
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,539
    edited September 2020
    @rspca12 Is this for poker coaching or are you offering MMA coaching as well?

    Also any tips on stopping guarding behaviour in dogs?

    I would like to get involved with a coach at some point but first I think I need to prove to myself I can/will put the effort in to make it worthwhile.

    Good luck with the coaching and to any "puppies" getting involved.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 549
    so im not sure if I missed it I did try to skim through and see cost but could not find it.
    the thing is I am currently working on trying to improve quite a few parts of my game, and obviously if I had someone more knowledgable/skilled then me helping me do that, this is something I would be willing to pay for.

    However how much? I mean if you offered 10p an hour I would be booking you immediately if you charged £500 an hour I would likely never seek to engage your services in this regard.

    I seriously doubt you would charge as low as 10p an hour or as much as £500 an hour, most likely somewhere between these two extremes but without knowing how much you would be looking at charging its hard to say whether I would be interested.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 118,877
    Doubleme said:

    so im not sure if I missed it I did try to skim through and see cost but could not find it.
    the thing is I am currently working on trying to improve quite a few parts of my game, and obviously if I had someone more knowledgable/skilled then me helping me do that, this is something I would be willing to pay for.

    However how much? I mean if you offered 10p an hour I would be booking you immediately if you charged £500 an hour I would likely never seek to engage your services in this regard.

    I seriously doubt you would charge as low as 10p an hour or as much as £500 an hour, most likely somewhere between these two extremes but without knowing how much you would be looking at charging its hard to say whether I would be interested.

    @Doubleme

    Your best best is to send a PM to @rspca12 , I doubt he wants to discuss terms publically. He's a good guy & I'm sure you'll benefit, though you are correct, it depends on the cost/value equation.

    Good
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 549
    Tikay10 said:

    Doubleme said:

    so im not sure if I missed it I did try to skim through and see cost but could not find it.
    the thing is I am currently working on trying to improve quite a few parts of my game, and obviously if I had someone more knowledgable/skilled then me helping me do that, this is something I would be willing to pay for.

    However how much? I mean if you offered 10p an hour I would be booking you immediately if you charged £500 an hour I would likely never seek to engage your services in this regard.

    I seriously doubt you would charge as low as 10p an hour or as much as £500 an hour, most likely somewhere between these two extremes but without knowing how much you would be looking at charging its hard to say whether I would be interested.

    @Doubleme

    Your best best is to send a PM to @rspca12 , I doubt he wants to discuss terms publically. He's a good guy & I'm sure you'll benefit, though you are correct, it depends on the cost/value equation.

    Good
    fair point well I don't like to waste peoples time at the moment I am grinding up my poker bankroll and cannot afford to take money out from it for coaching. this is something I would potentially be interested in when I was in the position to afford it.

    If I waste his time talking about hypotheticals for a future which may or may not ever arrive I will likely get ignored months in the future if I finally do come to him for coaching.

    right now whenever I am not playing I am working on ranges for heads up sngs in pokerstove.
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    benc said:

    Couple of factors actually make coaching quite appealing for very good players that alot of people tend to ignore and just see the downsides, firstly the positive mindset as a result of helping people learn and improve could be massively plus ev for general life mentality especially in a profession that can be quite socially isolating. Secondly getting a deep insight into how any type of player thinks in certain spots and why is also quite beneficial for a coach and can potentially help improve their own game in a different way to their usual study routine, talking and studying with anyone however good or bad is still a form of putting in the work, so naturally they will be keeping their own game sharp as a result of coaching others.

    All the people making a living at poker i'm sure at some point have dipped into external study material of some kind to improve/ become good enough to make profit so it seems off to criticize someone offering to coach a few players. Anyone who wants to improve has the potential to access a ridiculous amount of material from the best players in pretty much every format these days if they want to as well.

    Was gonna say pretty much exactly this, well put.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,055
    miniman88 said:

    I’m **** right now, can someone voice me haha to be a fuckingggg goat

    I remember my first beer too.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 118,877
    Doubleme said:

    Tikay10 said:

    Doubleme said:

    so im not sure if I missed it I did try to skim through and see cost but could not find it.
    the thing is I am currently working on trying to improve quite a few parts of my game, and obviously if I had someone more knowledgable/skilled then me helping me do that, this is something I would be willing to pay for.

    However how much? I mean if you offered 10p an hour I would be booking you immediately if you charged £500 an hour I would likely never seek to engage your services in this regard.

    I seriously doubt you would charge as low as 10p an hour or as much as £500 an hour, most likely somewhere between these two extremes but without knowing how much you would be looking at charging its hard to say whether I would be interested.

    @Doubleme

    Your best best is to send a PM to @rspca12 , I doubt he wants to discuss terms publically. He's a good guy & I'm sure you'll benefit, though you are correct, it depends on the cost/value equation.

    Good
    fair point well I don't like to waste peoples time at the moment I am grinding up my poker bankroll and cannot afford to take money out from it for coaching. this is something I would potentially be interested in when I was in the position to afford it.

    If I waste his time talking about hypotheticals for a future which may or may not ever arrive I will likely get ignored months in the future if I finally do come to him for coaching.

    right now whenever I am not playing I am working on ranges for heads up sngs in pokerstove.

    ?

    You wrote;

    "so im not sure if I missed it I did try to skim through and see cost but could not find it.
    the thing is I am currently working on trying to improve quite a few parts of my game, and obviously if I had someone more knowledgable/skilled then me helping me do that, this is something I would be willing to pay for."


    Pleased to hear you don't wish to waste people's time though...
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 169
    No opinons about how improving losing players is excellent for the poker economy?



Sign In or Register to comment.