You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help please ...... I think I need Puppy Coaching

MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
edited September 2020 in Poker Chat
Was I right to FOLD here? ........it's only a small B/H, and I know @Tikay10 will be horrified playing 2-3s, but Hearts are always pretty :smile:

..... or should I be SHOVING the FLOP?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cwmgwaenSmall blind100.00100.005315.00
joe1964Big blind200.00300.008382.50
Your hole cards
Jmcd92Fold
DONDAPAFold
MISTY4MECall200.00500.0014060.00
digerFold
cwmgwaenCall100.00600.005215.00
joe1964Check
Flop
  • A
cwmgwaenBet200.00800.005015.00
joe1964Raise400.001200.007982.50
MISTY4MERaise1200.002400.0012860.00
cwmgwaenCall1000.003400.004015.00
joe1964All-in7982.5011382.500.00
MISTY4MEFold
cwmgwaenFold
joe1964Muck
joe1964Win4200.004200.00
joe1964Return7182.500.0011382.50

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Actually the title should have been 'Puppy Coaching (Training) ..... to get rid of the Leaks @rspca12 ;):D
  • Options
    destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35
    You've flopped a flush with a straight flush re-draw. I think you should put your chips in the middle. Having two hearts yourself, it is less likely that your opponents have two hearts themselves. I think it is very likely that one opponent will have twopair(/set) and other could have the Kh for the nut flush draw. I don't think folding is an option, especially in a Bounty Hunter.

But you have 32, just fold pre flop next time.
  • Options

You've flopped a flush with a straight flush re-draw. I think you should put your chips in the middle. Having two hearts yourself, it is less likely that your opponents have two hearts themselves. I think it is very likely that one opponent will have twopair(/set) and other could have the Kh for the nut flush draw. I don't think folding is an option, especially in a Bounty Hunter.

Cheers for the help Ben @destinycod ........ deep down I know I should have probably folded pre-, but I was running really well (in 2nd place) ..... gets you in trouble eventually though :'(

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    If you watched @Duesenberg's highly entertaining Twitch stream last night and assuming you could put up with the regular sight of his legs as he left the room to replenish his beer stocks, you will have seen that paragon of tightness have a very similar decision. He flopped a low flush with a straight flush redraw and all the chips went in on the flop. His opponent had flopped a set, failed to improve and Dues won the pot. Now we all know that Dues is so tight he regularly snap folds KK pre so if he went with it then you probably should have too.

Not exactly the same as there were only two in the pot but similar.

As played get it all in, in reality fold pre.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,018
    MISTY4ME said:

Cheers for the help Ben @destinycod ........ deep down I know I should have probably folded pre-, but I was running really well (in 2nd place) ..... gets you in trouble eventually though :'(

I dont claim to know anything, but when you played the 2 3, what on earth were you hoping to hit, if it wasnt a flush?

You have hit the best flop that you could have possibly hoped for, and folded.

Did you play the hand with a view to hitting a worse flop, or would you have preferred less chips going in after hitting a massive flop?

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Enut said:

If you watched @Duesenberg's highly entertaining Twitch stream last night and assuming you could put up with the regular sight of his legs as he left the room to replenish his beer stocks, you will have seen that paragon of tightness have a very similar decision. He flopped a low flush with a straight flush redraw and all the chips went in on the flop. His opponent had flopped a set, failed to improve and Dues won the pot. Now we all know that Dues is so tight he regularly snap folds KK pre so if he went with it then you probably should have too.

Thanks for the kind words @Enut.

I've noticed that the more leg I flash, the more viewers I seem to get, which I guess is testament to the old adage that sex sells. I didn't necessarily want to go down this particular path but, if you've got a rockin' hot bod like mine, it seems somewhat silly not to take advantage ;).

I also sadly need to correct one element of the hand described above - villain rivered the full house :'(.

@MISTY4ME I'd agree with all those above - fold pre, as played, go for it post flop. I guess the question you really need to ask yourself is, if you're folding when facing heat on almost the best possible flop you could hope for, why are you playing 32s in the first place?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You make it so much harder by limping pre as I doubt you have a very balanced limping range. If you want to play it then raise.

Either raise get it in on the flop or call and get it in on non heart turns. As others have said if your not getting it in on this board then best to fold pre.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275

Enut said:

Thanks for the kind words @Enut.

I've noticed that the more leg I flash, the more viewers I seem to get, which I guess is testament to the old adage that sex sells. I didn't necessarily want to go down this particular path but, if you've got a rockin' hot bod like mine, it seems somewhat silly not to take advantage ;).

I also sadly need to correct one element of the hand described above - villain rivered the full house :'(.

@MISTY4ME I'd agree with all those above - fold pre, as played, go for it post flop. I guess the question you really need to ask yourself is, if you're folding when facing heat on almost the best possible flop you could hope for, why are you playing 32s in the first place?
    Really, villain rivered the full house? I must have had my rose tinted glasses on last night and missed that river. Either due to the sight of your legs or, more probably, as I spent the whole evening watching your stream rather than actually playing poker. And Sky think your stream drives people TO their site!

p.s. villain rivering the FH doesn't help with all the advice given so far, so let's just keep with the 'they missed' storyline shall we?
  • Options
    @Enut you filled me full of doubt so had to double check.

Table on the left, all the chips went in on the flop... :'(

• Options
    Thanks for all your help Guys, I really appreciate it, and hopefully others do too @destinycod @Enut @HAYSIE @Duesenberg @MattBates :)
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited September 2020
    MattBates said:

You make it so much harder by limping pre as I doubt you have a very balanced limping range. If you want to play it then raise.

Either raise get it in on the flop or call and get it in on non heart turns. As others have said if your not getting it in on this board then best to fold pre.

Cant believe Matts not getting it in if the 4h comes down.
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    @MISTY4ME good chat on the table, gl in the tourny and the others you play.
  • Options
    Rinkhals said:

@MISTY4ME good chat on the table, gl in the tourny and the others you play.

Cheers @Rinkhals ....no joy tonight, apart from winning an All-in to the Mega Stack

Exit was A-Ko v Lollo's A-9o ........ to be fair I've WON quite a few FLIPs against him, so I was due a loss :/

GOOD LUCK tomorrow :)
    dalebossSmall blind200.00200.0011140.00
    loolololloBig blind400.00600.0013010.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    chrisdonkbFold
    lpool67Fold
    Jac35Fold
    MISTY4MERaise1200.001800.007275.00
    dalebossFold
    loolololloAll-in13010.0014810.000.00
    MISTY4MEAll-in7275.0022085.000.00
    loolololloUnmatched bet4935.0017150.004935.00
    loolololloShow
    • A
    MISTY4MEShow
    • K
    • A
    Flop
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    loolololloWinPair of 9s17150.0022085.00
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,018
    MISTY4ME said:

Thanks for all your help Guys, I really appreciate it, and hopefully others do too @destinycod @Enut @HAYSIE @Duesenberg @MattBates :)

I think the odds on flopping a flush are 118/1, so you landed a massive bet, and ripped your ticket up.

ps I think the odds on flopping a straight flush are 4,900/1, and you were close.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886

Table on the right: Dues caught in the act coming for a limp UTG with 78s ;)
  • Options

Table on the right: Dues caught in the act coming for a limp UTG with 78s ;)
    ,,world, class, poker,,, Moulah Benji!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

@Duesenberg

B+. A few more commas & you've nailed it.
  • Options
    chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    I think you should call flop with 23s 3betting the other two you are just going to turn your hand into a bluff, just station it down and can fold turn and river if another heart other than the 4 comes.
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    edited September 2020
    MISTY4ME said:

Was I right to FOLD here? ........it's only a small B/H, and I know @Tikay10 will be horrified playing 2-3s, but Hearts are always pretty :smile:

..... or should I be SHOVING the FLOP?

cwmgwaenSmall blind100.00100.005315.00
    joe1964Big blind200.00300.008382.50
    Your hole cards
    Jmcd92Fold
    DONDAPAFold
    MISTY4MECall200.00500.0014060.00
    digerFold
    cwmgwaenCall100.00600.005215.00
    joe1964Check
    Flop
    • A
    cwmgwaenBet200.00800.005015.00
    joe1964Raise400.001200.007982.50
    MISTY4MERaise1200.002400.0012860.00
    cwmgwaenCall1000.003400.004015.00
    joe1964All-in7982.5011382.500.00
    MISTY4MEFold
    cwmgwaenFold
    joe1964Muck
    joe1964Win4200.004200.00
    joe1964Return7182.500.0011382.50
    Mistake 1 dont limp anything esp 3h2h just burning money long term. v few spots we should be limp into pot. and having a strat of not limping anything is best. DONT LIMP ANYTHING. 32 is just a fold if we on button u could maybe say we come in for raise but still thats ambitious.

Mistake 2 when we do play a pot and we hit this flop we cant fold im high fiving my self. is kinda scary but i play flop same but dont fold. think we need raise flop jam seems ott. but call alot of turn/river cards kill are action and if h peels of we hate it.

All in all not a well played hand mate but wp on posting hand. i will comment more on hands on forum lets flood the forum with hands. not matter what level u at fill them up will try to comment as much as i can.

ps DONT LIMP ANYTHING. lets do a deal if anyone can post hand u limp rather then raise and is right to do so free coaching sesh. limps in sats/sb dont count also over limps dont count. wp myna who gets free coaching sesh if he wonts. prize has been won no more free ons.
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    If @Sharki0 @Tedson other bosses post u will not get free sesh