You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Improving

13»

Comments

• Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    I dunno, if i was chickenmelt and i studied real hard (maybe watching rye videos that thousands of others have) to stay ahead of the curve, id probably actually challenge myself and play on sites that dont have capped winnings so i could get a real payday for my hard work.

The last video i watched was a fulltilt academy one years ago so im not sure if he over doing it on the study to beat sites with the weakest player pools.

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,607
    Arrogant said:

The ss block.I actually have had alot of abuse on the tables with this one.You beat a losing player or bad reg in a pot and they desperately scramble to get ss open and check your stats praying that you have worse stats than them so they can try humiliate you.

They always come back with, ahh ur blocked u must be a big loser in the games,not considering other reasons.

Imo alot of big winners on this site have made a mistake not locking their ss.There was one site that had just died that was part of my schedule and i had to replace it.I searched ss leaderboards, what games looked to have potential, what sites had biggest earners and i came across the skypoker leaderboard.
    Very high win rates, good yearly earnings.If i had not seen these stats i may of not been playing on this site today.

I have a question for you, if my ss stats were open, would just a better roi than you or just bigger profit be how you decide if someone can help improve you?

you actually have an excellent point here Arrogant, myself I am a little bit better then break even winning player trying to graduate into been a strong winning player this may or may not happen but if it does I would completely concur that it would be wise for me to ghost my stats. my only concern with this is that if I did so I would not be able to see my win rate myself, I have tried looking in sky pokers profability thingy but there is nothing that allows you to break down performance by game type.

if you could be so kind as to advice of a way how I could get all intel about myself I desire on sharkscope like I can today eg performance vs particular player/players most profitable against least profitable against most frequent players etc and by game type eg heads up sng double or nothing etc etc, then I will gladly ghost my stats today in case I do one day become a big winner it wont be something I or yourself would want to advertise.

also Alvaz once did coaching does he still? this is news to me I never noticed this does he still do coaching? if so how much?
  • Options
    Rake race and ukops you get all the best regs on the site daily, which is np for those who just keep improving constantly, but regs like me or recs get completely battered by these beasts so it is bad in that way.
    It does have some benefit though.You get to see an insight of what the future games will be like on sky and for those who do study, they can get confirmation if what they learning is correct and enough to keep them ahead of the curve.

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    I'm genuinely embarrassed for you that you want all of the money but non of the work....

• Options
    If your serious about poker and its not just for fun, forget dyms.Step one into become a decent winner is finding the games where ppl win the most.Dyms come in last place plus they are most depressing form of poker you could ever wish to play.

If you are currently losing/slight winner and plan to improve, keep your stats open and use that to ur advantage.People will always ss you when you play and they see you currently suck they will be more willing to play pots against u or do basic exploits they think they can get away with as they consider you a level 1 opponent.
    If you then get to the stage of being a good winner, hide ur stats.Id also recommend any losing player who plays for fun to block their stats, as they are alot of scumbags who ss losing players and berate at the tables.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Arrogant said:

Well at least chicken confirms, when a coach coaches, it isnt just a few guys, its many.

I was afraid of studying also because of a post from pads, and that when he ran his stable he had to take all his players out of the big 109 on stars.He checked stats to say is was too reg heavy and barely anyone was winning in this.I thought this could happen on games on here too maybe too reg filled, but after reading several posts on here it seems if his horses just studied harder and stayed ahead of the curve that would of beaten that game.

Was that from the raise your edge video? The site that offers great free poker coaching content on youtube?

Ban them
  • Options
    Was what from a rye video?

• Options
    Youtube poker videos are a great tool and imo, you can learn enough from youtube to not even pay for a coach if you aim is to be a small winner.
    The only time i would personally pay for a coach is if it wasn't learning recycled content and it was a session with a player who is currently beating the toughest opponents on the toughest sites.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    If I were ever to give a beginner a tip it would be that most of the time, in any given situation, villain has absolutely nothing whatsoever.
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2020
    Arrogant said:

I dunno, if i was chickenmelt and i studied real hard (maybe watching rye videos that thousands of others have) to stay ahead of the curve, id probably actually challenge myself and play on sites that dont have capped winnings so i could get a real payday for my hard work.

The last video i watched was a fulltilt academy one years ago so im not sure if he over doing it on the study to beat sites with the weakest player pools

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Would love to hear what 'actually challenge myself' sounds like, c'mon @chicknMelt stop dossing and pull your finger out to get the big payday!