You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

poker etiquette and chip dumping

2»

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    So it's a good to fold 500 chips to the big blind when calling would actually cost 440 LESS than folding? don't get me wrong i'm not saying it didn't work on this occasion but this seems wrong to me. If other sites class the call as having been made by the small blind if that amount is more than the remainder of the big blinds chips then why is it different on here?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    edited March 2010
    you cudda all sat out till the guy came back unless he were away from early in the tourny i dont know.i remember being i a tourny three of us left and one disconed and i didnt know what to do, i stole a couple of blinds before realising the other guy was folding to his bb but was playing me and a railer said its a shame he disconed then it hit me so we sat out till he reconed,i felt abit foolish but was put at ease by the railer as it wasnt a situation i,d bin in before.well i was HU in a tourny last week my oppo disconed i sat out imediatlely till he got back i learnt my lesson.this is just my story the OPS different i think
  • Options
    zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: poker etiquette and chip dumping:
    So it's a good to fold 500 chips to the big blind when calling would actually cost 440 LESS than folding? don't get me wrong i'm not saying it didn't work on this occasion but this seems wrong to me. If other sites class the call as having been made by the small blind if that amount is more than the remainder of the big blinds chips then why is it different on here?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    yes i see wat u are sayin but in my view the 500 chips dont matter theres  3 left in ..a mtt   theres prob over 50000 in play  the point of doin it would be to weaken your opponient as much as possible befor your heads up with them and possibly to put them on tilt  lol .. i no it sounds hard and.. unfair but thats the way to play poker in my view....do there still sing the song ... get into them  f  k  them off  at the footie matches   lololololol   that the way to play poker .......well in some situations anyway    lol   gl
  • Options
    BelovedLtdBelovedLtd Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2010
    why would i risk my whole stack when this other guy should have been blinded out? why should he have a free ride to another 15 quid more than me on the back of this other bloke at my expense? ...
    Posted by porter1989
    This perfectly sums up why the other player was playing as he did.

You weren't going to risk your whole stack when you the other guy 'should' have been blinded out - so it's no wonder that the other player just kept him in to keep the pressure on you.

It's right that it sounds like a procedural problem with Sky, but you could see how it worked in one hand so after that you really should have adapted your game to take into account how he was playing.

And the thread was completely out of order - it's possibly a functional problem, it's completely wrong to suggest he was in any way wrong to do what he did; you calling him a cheater just for playing strategically is a breach of etiquette 
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2010

Easy answer to this - if he has only 60 left in the BB ans the SB keeps folding - just shove your chips from the button - simple!!
    Posted by dylan12
    my point exactly,shove your chips the villan folds you knock out short stack easy innit?

if villan calls you still get 2nd if shorty loses

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2010
    i don't understand....

theres no rule against folding... or some of us nits out there would be in serious trouble

maybe ive missed the point, but frankly i don't care

he can do what he likes, he has chips and is using the situation to his advantage.. good play imo

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    i don't understand.... theres no rule against folding... or some of us nits out there would be in serious trouble maybe ive missed the point, but frankly i don't care he can do what he likes, he has chips and is using the situation to his advantage.. good play imo
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    We've missed you Gregory.  ;-)
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2010
    you cudda all sat out till the guy came back unless he were away from early in the tourny i dont know.i remember being i a tourny three of us left and one disconed and i didnt know what to do, i stole a couple of blinds before realising the other guy was folding to his bb but was playing me and a railer said its a shame he disconed then it hit me so we sat out till he reconed,i felt abit foolish but was put at ease by the railer as it wasnt a situation i,d bin in before.well i was HU in a tourny last week my oppo disconed i sat out imediatlely till he got back i learnt my lesson.this is just my story the OPS different i think
    Posted by stokefc
    You are a true sportsman and gent Sir Stoke of Fc. Not many would do that. If the other person did it i would but i probably wouldn't sit out first and would steal away happily. I get cut off all the time and been shown no mercy so thought that was the norm.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    i don't understand.... theres no rule against folding... or some of us nits out there would be in serious trouble maybe ive missed the point, but frankly i don't care he can do what he likes, he has chips and is using the situation to his advantage.. good play imo
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    This is more a question of the fact that the softwarre is different here to other places. the call is already made by having more chips in than required to "Call" the big blind. It should class the call as made but Sky's software will not run the flop unless you actually make up the SB. This doesn't happen in someother places and in this case the guy folding his small was passing chips to the BB to keep him in. I beleive this would be classed as Soft playing that player on purpose. I was under the impresion that skys software and fraud teams would automatically pick up on a player intetionally passing chips and soft playing 1 particular player? I was also under the impression that to intentionally pass chips to a player (not lose to them, pass chips to them) in order to keep them in the game was against the sites rules????

I remember DOhhhhh asking a question about passing chips to a friend and he was told in no uncertain terms that intentionally passing chips and soft playing 1 player was against the rules. I don't understand how that doesn't apply?
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: poker etiquette and chip dumping : This is more a question of the fact that the softwarre is different here to other places. the call is already made by having more chips in than required to "Call" the big blind. It should class the call as made but Sky's software will not run the flop unless you actually make up the SB. This doesn't happen in someother places and in this case the guy folding his small was passing chips to the BB to keep him in. I beleive this would be classed as Soft playing that player on purpose. I was under the impresion that skys software and fraud teams would automatically pick up on a player intetionally passing chips and soft playing 1 particular player? I was also under the impression that to intentionally pass chips to a player (not lose to them, pass chips to them) in order to keep them in the game was against the sites rules???? I remember DOhhhhh asking a question about passing chips to a friend and he was told in no uncertain terms that intentionally passing chips and soft playing 1 player was against the rules. I don't understand how that doesn't apply?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    because they choose when its right or wrong.