You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    I like Daniel Craig as James Bond but I still think Sean Connery edges him, when I was wee I loved the films and the tune so iconic.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    rabdeniro said:

stokefc said:

lucy4 said:

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

His acting career spanned decades and his many awards included an Oscar, two Bafta awards and three Golden Globes.

Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

He was largely regarded as being the best actor to have played 007 in the long-running franchise, often being named as such in polls.

His Oscar came in 1988, when he was named best supporting actor for his role as an Irish cop in The Untouchables.

He was knighted by the Queen at Holyrood Palace in 2000.

In August, he celebrated his 90th birthday.

it's just like a wop to come to a gunfight with a knife
    RIP Sir Sean
    Are you allowed to say that these days :o
    maybe i should edit and put it in quotes :/
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    He lasted long time, for being a Smoker & all that P ussy Galore.
    you gotta take your hat off to him.......

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,831
    'A gorgeous, model of a man - I was there as he slipped away without a fuss': Sean Connery's widow Micheline reveals the final moments of the Bond star whose wit and charm defined an era as he dies aged 90

Former milkman Sir Sean Connery became a Hollywood star as the first ever James Bond in 1962 film Dr No
    Most of his subsequent successes were in films such as Murder on the Orient Express and A Bridge Too Far Sir
    Sean also starred as the father of the leading role in the film Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade in 1989
    In 2006, he received American Film Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award and confirmed his retirement

Revealing how his final months were blighted by dementia, Micheline (pictured together inset), who was married to the Oscar-winning star for 45 years, said: 'It was no life for him. He was not able to express himself latterly. At least he died in his sleep and it was just so peaceful. I was with him all the time and he just slipped away. It was what he wanted.' Born Thomas Sean Connery (pictured left with granddaughter Saskia, and right with first wife Diane Cliento) into a working-class family in Edinburgh's Fountainbridge district, he left school at the age of 14 and joined the Royal Navy. He later worked in a variety of jobs, including as a milkman, labourer and lorry driver, as well as taking up bodybuilding. It was a visit to London in 1953 to enter the Mr Universe contest that kickstarted his acting career. The future James Bond star took the opportunity to audition for a West End production of South Pacific and landed a part in the chorus. Further stage roles followed and he also broke into television and film, eventually winning a prominent role in the 1959 Disney film Darby O'Gill And The Little People. But it was being cast as 007 that catapulted him to international stardom and acclaim.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8901151/Sean-Connerys-widow-Micheline-reveals-final-moments-Bond-star-died-aged-90.html
    Poignant last photo of a 007 icon with his children: James Bond star Sir Sean Connery poses with son Jason in the summer as tributes pour in for actor who died in his sleep aged 90

Sir Sean leaves behind his wife Micheline and sons Jason and Stefan with family around his when he died
    Jason said: 'We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently'
    He was today hailed as 'the world's greatest Scot and last of the real Hollywood stars' as tributes poured in

The photo (main) showed the Oscar-winning actor giving a half-smile and raising his finger in the air as he sat between his son and his son's partner Fiona Upton on his 89th birthday last year. Tributes have been pouring in for the Oscar-winning actor who passed away in the Bahamas and leaves behind his wife Micheline and sons Jason and Stefan. A statement from Sir Sean's publicist said: 'His wife Micheline and his two sons, Jason and Stephane, have confirmed that he died peacefully in his sleep surrounded by family. 'There will be a private ceremony followed by a memorial yet to be planned once the virus has ended.' Jason told the BBC: 'We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time. A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor.' Pictured right: Pictured: Connery as Bond in Dr No.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8900201/James-Bond-actor-Sir-Sean-Connery-dies-aged-90.html
    Actor and comedian John Sessions dies aged 67

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    Geoffrey Palmer, TV and film actor, dies at 93.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    Think it was her cooking ........ polished him off.

Des O'Connor dead: TV legend dies aged 88 after suffering fall at home

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    stokefc said:
    I agree...what a gent!

I was in the front of the Anfield road end as a boy, Ray had a round plaster on the back of his leg and one wag in the crowd shouted ' Hey Ray, you've got a hole in your tights!"

He laughed so loud and spent a minute chatting with the crowd...nice guy

Patrick Quinn: Ice Bucket Challenge activist dies aged 37

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55038786
    Christophe Dominici dead: Former France international found dead at 48

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    edited November 2020
    15 years to the day after George Best

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    edited November 2020
    What a player, the best left hand in fitba.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,985
    By way of tribute, I recall an interview given by Osvaldo Ardiles some years ago.

Q. "Who is the best player you ever played with?"

A. "Maradona"

Q. Not Hoddle?

A. No-Maradona was Hoddle with pace"
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    VespaPX said:

ah the green cross road man RIP