You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Are Furious.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,866
'Furious' Sky News bosses 'take Kay Burley off the air until 2021' after she admits 'inadvertently' breaking Tier 2 rules during 60th birthday celebrations with colleagues, including political editor Beth Rigby

'Furious' Sky News bosses have told presenter Kay Burley (pictured left with the channel's political editor Beth Rigby) to take extended leave, and could keep her off the air until next year, after she admitted breaking coronavirus rules, it has been reported. Bosses hooked the Sky News presenter at the 11th hour last night, ahead of her usual morning slot, after she admitted 'inadvertently' breaking Tier 2 restrictions while celebrating her 60th birthday over the weekend (pictured bottom: A graphic showing where the events took place). The veteran journalist was replaced by presenter Sarah Hewson on her normal 7am to 10am slot. Meanwhile Sky News chiefs last night announced they had launched an internal investigation into her behaviour. But reports now suggest that Ms Burley could face a longer spell on the sidelines. According to the Sun, the presenter will now be off air for the rest of the week, and is 'unlikely' to return on air until 2021.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9031775/Furious-Sky-News-bosses-Kay-Burley-air-2021-Tier-2-rule-breach.html

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,010
    Same old story all these 'Celebrities' whether they be actors,sports people,politicians etc are only sorry once they've been caught out.How about some of them volunteering to work on a Covid hospital ward to show their sorrow,no they think that a 'Tweet' or two will suffice,pathetic people.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    A rather enjoyable read.
    This is what happens when you have more than a scotch egg and a glass of Prosecco, utter confusion.
    One presenter down,more to follow......hopefully.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    lucy4 said:

Same old story all these 'Celebrities' whether they be actors,sports people,politicians etc are only sorry once they've been caught out.How about some of them volunteering to work on a Covid hospital ward to show their sorrow,no they think that a 'Tweet' or two will suffice,pathetic people.

She's gone a safari holiday in Africa instead.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Instead of 'inadvertently' she should have said "I don't give a flying f*ck".
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,466
    edited December 2020
    She should have just done a Paula Radcliffe squat and said, " Well she got away with it."
    VespaPX said:

lucy4 said:

She's gone a safari holiday in Africa instead.
    She says to see her lovely lions.
    I’d have thought giraffes were here favourites, as they too have a lot of neck.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    News readers used to read the news,after all, it’s a news channel.
    The big leap to then presenting the news, putting in a performance.
    Lots of hair toss ing,I’m surprised no tap dancing on the go.
    Now they have a Magnus Pyke jnr. Ooo, love me charts and graphs.
    Call me old fashioned,each to their own.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Were all in the same boat, the problem is a lot people don't give a fig so if they get found oot I'm full of Schadenfreude.
    I’d say Kay Burley is full of schadenfraude, I’ve seen her at work.
    edited December 2020
    chilling said:

Hardly a reason to descend to similar levels. It's sadly common these days to make cheap snipes at those more successful than us, almost as if we resent they have done well for themselves.
    Tikay10 said:

chilling said:

Hardly a reason to descend to similar levels. It's sadly common these days to make cheap snipes at those more successful than us, almost as if we resent they have done well for themselves.
    Well, all I can say to that is she did the grilling earlier in the year over similar circumstances that others found themselves in.
    When it’s her, she swans off.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,866
    edited December 2020

The Daily Star reports on the story involving Sky News presenter Kay Burley and three of her colleagues, who have been taken off air while an investigation is carried out into whether they breached Covid rules. The Star's front page focuses on another Sky TV presenter who, the paper claims, retweeted a tweet that criticised his colleagues.
    Pictured: Kay Burley's 'lockdown-breaching' 60th birthday bash with Sky News colleagues that left her future as presenter 'in the balance' - as editor-at-large Adam Boulton claims row could undermine broadcaster's credibility

Damning photos show Sky News journalists Kay Burley, Beth Rigby, Sam Washington and Inzamam Rashid flouting Covid restrictions on Saturday by gathering for a party for the veteran presenter's upcoming 60th birthday. Ms Burley and Ms Rigby attended a dinner indoors at the Century Club in Soho with eight friends and colleagues including Ms Washington, Mr Rashid and ex-royal correspondent Paul Harrison, now a spin doctor for Huawei. The identities of the five others have not been revealed. Ms Burley later 'popped' in to another restaurant after the 11pm curfew, and it was claimed some of the group then returned to her London home to continue the party. Sources within Sky told MailOnline that Ms Burley's career 'hangs in the balance', but suggested that Ms Rigby and Ms Washington could avoid losing their jobs because they were only present for part of the party,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9036255/Pictured-Kay-Burleys-60th-birthday-bash-left-presenters-future-Sky-News-balance.html
    Kay Burley off Sky News for six months after admitting breaking Covid rules

Kay Burley has agreed to stay off Sky News for six months after admitting breaking Covid-19 safety rules, it has been announced.

The TV host, 59, who presented a daily breakfast show on Sky News, was facing an internal inquiry for what she described as “an error of judgment”.

Burley said she was celebrating her 60th birthday at a “Covid-compliant” restaurant on Saturday and afterwards “popped into another” venue to use the bathroom.

The gathering was reportedly in London, which is under Tier 2 restrictions.

The news was announced on Sky News on Thursday afternoon.

Shortly afterwards, the presenter issued a statement on Twitter in which she said she had agreed with Sky News to “step back from my broadcasting role for a period of reflection”.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kay-burley-off-sky-news-162744886.html
    NOT O-KAY Beth Rigby hauled off air by Sky News for Covid breach at Kay Burley’s 60th bash – as Adam Boulton brands them ‘morons’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13425378/beth-rigby-axed-sky/
    How Kay Burley was nailed by her own Sky News colleagues: 'Resentful' junior producers hired photographers to snap host and then told media she had been 'bragging about breaking lockdown restrictions'

Kay Burley's 60th birthday rule breach was leaked to the media in an email sting by her own Sky TV colleagues. The Mail on Sunday can reveal the full story of how Burley (pictured yesterday leaving for an African safari) was ambushed in what has been described as the 'perfect inside-job coup'. When a group of resentful junior production staff at Sky News heard star presenter Kay Burley boast about plans for 60th birthday celebrations (right) which would break strict lockdown rules, they didn't hesitate to pounce - and set in motion a chain of events that would lead to her being banished from the air for six months, her reputation severely tarnished. They secretly recruited a paparazzi photographer to take pictures of Burley and friends, including Sky political editor Beth Rigby (inset), breaking lockdown rules and created an encrypted email account to leak the story to the media (inset, bottom). 'It was a case of boom, this could really bring her down,' says a source. 'They thought, "If she gets caught, that would be the end for her"'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047017/How-Kay-Burley-nailed-Sky-News-colleagues-Resentful-junior-producers-alerted-media.html

The Mail - & so many others - just love to hate, don't they?

FWIW, I think she deserves the tin tack all things considered, but I certainly don't get any satisfaction from seeing her or anyone else's career in ruins. *

* T & C's apply, I may make an exception for Trump.
    Tikay10 said:

The Mail - & so many others - just love to hate, don't they?

FWIW, I think she deserves the tin tack all things considered, but I certainly don't get any satisfaction from seeing her or anyone else's career in ruins. *

* T & C's apply, I may make an exception for Trump.

I quite like Kay Burley.

I wouldnt say I avidly watch her show every day, but I have Sky News going on in the background most days.

I would get no satisfaction from her being fired, although her actions were stupid.

As far as the future is concerned, I think it will be difficult for her to retain any credibility, when interviewing politicians, and public figures, regarding their indiscretions.

Well she can't ever return to the same role, her credibility is in tatters.

And so it should be, but I certainly don't get any satisfaction from it as Team Schadenfreude do. They are a very odd bunch. IMO, of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions.