You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

2 power cuts in my area cost me about £120. Do I not get any compensation? :(

2»

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    If you lose £120 when there is a power cut.

It follows that you make £120 when there isnt one.

When there isn't a power cut and you play for say 6 hours = £360 a day.

Over a 5 day week £1800, take two days off.

50 weeks a year £90,000 a year. take two weeks off.

Does your sharkscope reflect this, with dips when there is a powercut ?

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,626
    i know people are different when using BRM i use it religiously, so if something like this happens it wouldn't bother me about writing off my BIs, it happens sometimes that's just life i'm afraid
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    stokefc said:

i know people are different when using BRM i use it religiously, so if something like this happens it wouldn't bother me about writing off my BIs, it happens sometimes that's just life i'm afraid

It's like when Sky has problems and I take an enforced evening off as a result, I look on the plus side that it's probably saved me a few pennies!

To OP you could consider a battery backup. We are currently looking into the solar option and adding a battery back up, it's not cheap (probably a couple of thousand on top of the solar panels) but then you can be pretty much self sufficient (or nearly) in the event of power cuts.
  • somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    Evil Pingu gave you the best way to avoid this problem, so, even though that horse has already bolted it's time to bolt the gate so it doesn't happen again, or...

Food in the freezer: Well I don't know about you guys but I have insurance for that. How about you ask your insurance company if they'd give you insurance cover for said circumstances? It would be interesting to see what kind of deal they offered.

That's what the player can do!

But Sky can also do something also.

Sky can collect relevant information, or get the customer to, and then verify that there was indeed a power outage, then offer more than just sympathy.

Even if it's not a full refund, perhaps they could offer a free £xx token to enter some other tournament as a gesture of good will. That IMO would reflect better on Sky Poker than mere platitudes.

However, follow evil Pingu's advice from now on cos Rupert wouldn't be where he is today if he was generous and kind-hearted.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810
    edited December 2020
    @somniatis

Rupert? Rupert who?
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Tikay10 said:

@somniatis

Rupert? Rupert who?

Murdoch ??
    edited December 2020
    Glenelg said:

Tikay10 said:

@somniatis

Rupert? Rupert who?

Murdoch ??
    What would it have to do with Rupert Murdoch? He sold his stake in BSKYB in 2018, & BSKYB sold most of their stake in Sky Betting & Gaming even earlier. There is zero connection between Rupert Murdock & Sky Betting & Gaming.

SB&G is part of the Flutter Group which comprises Sky Betting & Gaming, Paddy Power, Betfair, PokerStars & Fan Duel, Sporting Life, Oddschecker, Timeform & various others.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    @Tikay10 i know that, you know that....I was surmising our learned friend has been asleep for some time. 😴
  • somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    Really pleased to know Rupert isn't getting any of my rake. That's made my day so it has. Cheers guys!
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    edited December 2020
    I think the ChIEf Exec. of FLUTTER Group is coming on Luck on Sunday shortly, Channel 426. The show is 'Free to Air' .... if you have SKY :)
    MISTY4ME said:

I think the ChIEf Exec. of FLUTTER Group is coming on Luck on Sunday shortly, Channel 426. The show is 'Free to Air' .... if you have SKY :)

It's Conor Grant who is in charge of the UK & Ireland division.

Such a top bloke, who has worked his way right through the business after joining from Boyles about 12 years ago. He ran Gaming (which includes Sky Poker) in SG&B, then took the reins at SB&G as Chief Exec. When we joined Flutter, he was appointed CEO of Flutter UK & Ireland.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    MISTY4ME said:

I can't afford Sky....clearly sitting on yor Covid ridden ar se in Cornwall is helpful if you've got Sky! ;)
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    Energy companies suck. 99% likely they can't forecast very well and under brought from the national grid and caused all the problems themselves. Doubt they would admit a power outage was their fault and it would be too much time and cost to prove. :(