You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

PLO8 hands for review.

2»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

Ha. Just unlucky you ran into the very top of his range. He had flopped the abso world. Worth noting he flopped the case king.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,985
    edited December 2020
    Let's ignore the fact that Ronny COULD have had an A2 hand. The simple fact is that he did not, and he folded. If all ifs and buts came true, my Aunty would have been my uncle. 1600 free chips to play for.

Then look at the possible results, even though there was 3 Kings there.

Likeliest? Split pot. 2nd likeliest? Scoop to you. 3rd likeliest? Scoop to Gazza. With 1600 chip bonus. Massively plus EV. Where you got unlucky. As can almost always happen in PLO8.

Simply put, that IS getting it in good.
    Essexphil said:

Let's ignore the fact that Ronny COULD have had an A2 hand. The simple fact is that he did not, and he folded. If all ifs and buts came true, my Aunty would have been my uncle. 1600 free chips to play for.

Then look at the possible results, even though there was 3 Kings there.

Likeliest? Split pot. 2nd likeliest? Scoop to you. 3rd likeliest? Scoop to Gazza. With 1600 chip bonus. Massively plus EV. Where you got unlucky. As can almost always happen in PLO8.

Simply put, that IS getting it in good.

Almost the ultimate freeroll.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Yep GAZZA got you but you played that hand correctly. As the other guys have said in PL08 folding or flat calling in that situation was not a option.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Unlucky. Still think it’s the correct play. You can do everything right and still end up losing, especially in 08. Jump up and down , wail at the poker gods for a few seconds, and then reg for the next rollercoaster ride.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    You got it in 51/49, so a flip, really unlucky that @TOONGAZZA has KKxx there as you had a K blocker too. Even then you were a marginal fav and when you consider the money in the middle, even if you knew his hand, you would have to go with it.

Next time it comes 4d, blank and you scoop, honest!
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    edited December 2020
    Thanks for the feedback, lets look at another couple of £5.50 MTT spots.

Looks like i got the first one right.

Whats the play here?

Hand2, early stages ave chipstack. 6 handed 2nd to act.

Hand3, 23 left pays 11 currently 17th. 6 handed in Big Blind

1. Fold.
    2. Fold, probably a little tight as both could have lows, but if either have the K or J flush and you call the turn you have to call the river and you're out. You still have nearly 10 bb and I'd rather get it in and have a better 2 way hand than just playing for 1/2 a pot and hoping your 3rd nut flush is good.
    Ok so we can agree the first hand is a fold.
    Given the fact we are only playing 1 game not 6 and need action we call.

3rd to act post flop what do we do here.

I find these spots awkward, yes you have top set and a draw to a straight flush, but you could be behind already and not improve. Depending on your reads and thoughts you can either fire out a bet and see if it thins the field a bit, but that leads to tough decisions if someone repots you (and almost certainly has J 10, or nut/nut draw), or you can play it slowly and then only mash the pot button if the board pairs.

Remember there's a good chance you're only playing for 1/2 the pot as another low card is more likely than not, even if it does come two high cards, without the board pairing there's a good chance you're behind if it all goes mad.

I'm sure the solvers would give a mixture of options and if I were you I would wait for some better players to given their opinions.
    edited December 2020
    First hand is a fold pre for me, but I tend to be tight early and others would and do play these hands. The flop looks nice but in reality is it? Trips rarely scoop, gut shot straight flush draw and flush draw, but would you be confident if someone pots a heart other than the six on the turn? Pairing the 7 or 8 gets you a boat, but if someone else is only one tabling, and needed an action fix and played pocket 7s or 8s , like you played your 9s you’re dead there too. No realistic hope of winning the low in a five way pot.
    I guess I am checking , hoping for a free card , probably folding to a pot size bet should that come from the players still to act. Which is why I fold pre 😀

I'm checking.

Realistically, we can't scoop & are playing for half at best.

We can find a better spot.
    The second hand is probably a fold , although I would be potting it if I was holding the K high flush trying to get a fold from any non nut lows, which makes me wonder why it’s a bet and a call by the other two, still folding and sighing if it gets to showdown and both the others were on low only.
    Fold first hand preflop, playing hands like that just gets you into a world of pain. You hit trips but its a mine field unless the board pairs up. I would check, any big betting i'am sigh folding but best to fold preflop.

Second hand i think its worth the call preflop for sure but that turn is dangerous, almost for sure one of those players is betting the low hand but is the other player betting on the high?. I would call the 450 bet and proceed with caution if one of those players pots it on the river we have a problem has he got nut low or nut high? it just depends how lucky you feel or reads you have on players sometimes i fold sometimes i call but a nasty situation for sure.
    Hand 2
    so we should fold pre, small lead on the flop to see where we are gets 2 callers.
    is this a check / fold it down spot?

Hand 3
    Hands like this in the big blind can get you into tough spots.
    call the turn seems to be an option.
    River action has to be a check fold to right? Right?

First hand i would stick with the 160 bet or maybe raise to 240.
    Second hand i suspect majestical is going to pot it. How's your luck? you could pot it before him hoping he was betting on low and the 4 has caused him a problem not forgetting birty he could be trying to trap suspecting the full pot betting is coming. With a lot of PL08 hands like this were players are betting on both pots it's tricky, my gut feeling is to go for it i'am not keen on folding so might as well get it in first and hope the 4 has caused problems if one has nut high so be it.

• booker4booker4 Member Posts: 53
    coo1-um said:

This hand is from last nights £5.50 PLO8 game, 11 left, 9 paid i'm in about 6th /7th against the chip leader.
    Im sure i played i ok(ish)

1. Is the call correct, i know im out of position after the flop against the original caller but surely this is a call getting 5/1 right?
    2. The small blind and chip leader leads with a pot bet, after a flop where i hit 2 pair, 2nd nut low draw and 2nd nut flush draw what do i do here?
    3. what are we putting the small blind on with 2 behind but a large chip advantage and being so close to the bubble?

if your asking? then your always not knowing. lame players.