You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£100,000 SPT Online Live Update - of sorts.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,235

One last footnote. I was chatting on the Final Table chat box at around 0315 this morning, and someone asked "how many Horlicks deep are you by this time of night tikay?". Intending to convey what I hoped might be a smartalec response, I said "I don't have Horlicks on Saturday or Sunday that's reserved for Ovaltine". And he replied "I've never heard of Ovaltine".

Oh my Lord. I don't know WHERE to begin with that.

Surely everyone has heard of Ovaltine, or even been an Ovaltiney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zDQuypv_iI

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    Excellent work on the thread particularly Nic and Tikay. Well done to all the winners. I think I might have missed the level 29 stuff somehow, what was all that about?
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    Great work,

Congrats to all involved, huge success.

Looking forward to the next one!
  • Options

Fantastic effort everyone. Tikay sky should definitely do this again

Glad you enjoyed it @spearsy136
  • Options
    NChanning said:

Excellent work on the thread particularly Nic and Tikay. Well done to all the winners. I think I might have missed the level 29 stuff somehow, what was all that about?

@NChanning

There was quite a hefty jump from L28 to L29, at which point the structure "froze" with no further blind increases.

I'm sure you well recall from your Black Belt days how difficult it is to please all of the people all of the time...

And after all, if we don't have the occasional chunter, we are not a qualified poker player. It's what we do.
  • Options
    fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    Great work with the thread @Tikay10 and @pompeynic!
    One of these a month would be great 😉 just alternate between Bounty and vanilla 👍
  • Options
    fishhhhh said:

One of these a month would be great 😉 just alternate between Bounty and vanilla 👍

@fishhhhh

Ha, if only.

Congrats on a great run. Shame you could not finish a little higher, but over £4,500 is well handy.
  • Options
    fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    Tikay10 said:

fishhhhh said:

@fishhhhh

Ha, if only.

Congrats on a great run. Shame you could not finish a little higher, but over £4,500 is well handy.
    Yep unfortunately couldn't win the key flip (TT < AQ) but had my fair share of luck to get there so can't grumble too much! Congrats to the other FTers, play was nice and quick.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    A brilliant tournament and well done to all those that had a big score, how many 4 figure pay outs were there? Lots are probably thinking 'oh if only this hand had held or that hand had held', but that's poker, there's always next time.

Thanks so much to @pompeynic and @Tikay10 for all their efforts in keeping us informed live or, for a few of us that couldn't stay until the end, giving us a great summary to read during our morning tea break.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Enut said:

A brilliant tournament and well done to all those that had a big score, how many 4 figure pay outs were there? Lots are probably thinking 'oh if only this hand had held or that hand had held', but that's poker, there's always next time.

Thanks so much to @pompeynic and @Tikay10 for all their efforts in keeping us informed live or, for a few of us that couldn't stay until the end, giving us a great summary to read during our morning tea break.

@Enut

The Results Thread will list every "paid" finisher, so you will be able to see, but a quick peruse suggests around 18 or 20 earned a 4 figure payout.
  • Options
    IVIysticalIVIystical Member Posts: 101
    edited February 2021
    Enut said:

For my first ever "big" tournament I'm still in that phase of the "what if?" as I would have crept into the 4 figure pay outs if my penultimate hand did hold (what a hand it was!) but definitely had a fantastic run regardless. Glad the person that took all my chips (@fishhhhh) got to the final table!

Unbelievable effort from @Tikay10 and @pompeynic and can't thank them enough for the coverage across as many tables as they could handle and for powering on well into the morning. Enjoyed the 5 page catchup with my morning brew! Cheers to the both of you and am looking forward to something akin to this in the future.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Just caught up. Good job @pompeynic & @Tikay10 . Excellent late night coverage.

I expect the same later this evening while you are both covering the FTT League games ;)
  • Options

Enut said:

For my first ever "big" tournament I'm still in that phase of the "what if?" as I would have crept into the 4 figure pay outs if my penultimate hand did hold (what a hand it was!) but definitely had a fantastic run regardless. Glad the person that took all my chips (@fishhhhh) got to the final table!

Unbelievable effort from @Tikay10 and @pompeynic and can't thank them enough for the coverage across as many tables as they could handle and for powering on well into the morning. Enjoyed the 5 page catchup with my morning brew! Cheers to the both of you and am looking forward to something akin to this in the future.

@IVIystical

Thanks, but I'm a young man in the prime of life so I ought to be able to manage the occasional late night.

Was great to see you active on the thread last night, your enthusiasm was a thing of beauty.

• Options
    IVIysticalIVIystical Member Posts: 101
    @Tikay10 Thanks! I'll try keep it up going forwards as I had a blast.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited February 2021
    Enut said:

Lots are probably thinking 'oh if only this hand had held or that hand had held', but that's poker, there's always next time.

Have to remind yourself that everyone aside from the winner is likely bemoaning a bust out, when it’s your biggest buy in in a large field it’s going to sting whenever it comes. I had some luck on Day1 to keep going and chip up. Was great to be in the mix deepish on Day2.

Would love to see this return again, can Sky confirm that anyone who got free tickets this time round is ineligible for any future draws? :D I’m all pokered out having played every day for the month. See you tonight!
  • Options
    PBKRPBKR Member Posts: 95
    @Tikay10 tournament was absolutely cracking over the weekend - really enjoyed it great structure, yes we can laugh about the infamous jump but tbh let’s be happy it stopped there as the heads up was for such a large prize difference.

The coverage is really appreciated, @pompeynic fair play for your coverage too - every SPT the thread is really good. @IrishRose is right all the regulars got a real buzz from the forums and at the table - made for a really exciting event and good spirited! Lifted a lot of people’s spirits (and bankrolls!) at a particularly difficult time for most so well done guys 💪

On a side note @Tikay10 that must be the latest you’ve stayed up for years?!
  • Options
    PBKR said:

@Tikay10 tournament was absolutely cracking over the weekend - really enjoyed it great structure, yes we can laugh about the infamous jump but tbh let’s be happy it stopped there as the heads up was for such a large prize difference.

The coverage is really appreciated, @pompeynic fair play for your coverage too - every SPT the thread is really good. @IrishRose is right all the regulars got a real buzz from the forums and at the table - made for a really exciting event and good spirited! Lifted a lot of people’s spirits (and bankrolls!) at a particularly difficult time for most so well done guys 💪

On a side note @Tikay10 that must be the latest you’ve stayed up for years?!

@PBKR

Thanks Phil. Yes, it all worked out OK in the end I thought.

And yes, I doubt I've been up that late since the "Live" SPT's, though I did stay up most of the nights watching the Australia - India Test Series over Xmas & early January.

Back in the day I used to be able to rock all-nighters regularly, but my batteries don't seem to have the capacity these days.

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    @Tikay10 , reference Ovaltine.
    Back in either the 80’s or 90’s they bought out an Ovaltine chocolate bar. I remember I had never had the drink but absolutely adored the bar. Did you indulge or would you think that sacrilegious?
    I have not seen them for sale in a long time, thankfully as my sweet tooth always has an effect on my expanding waistline. If I remember correctly the tins sported an orange hue.
    Happy memories and thoughts of days gone by.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

@Tikay10 , reference Ovaltine.
    Back in either the 80’s or 90’s they bought out an Ovaltine chocolate bar. I remember I had never had the drink but absolutely adored the bar. Did you indulge or would you think that sacrilegious?
    I have not seen them for sale in a long time, thankfully as my sweet tooth always has an effect on my expanding waistline. If I remember correctly the tins sported an orange hue.
    Happy memories and thoughts of days gone by.

Absolutely not. It's the equivalent of a bar of tea. Quite ridic.