You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

*PLO HI LO* Midweek PLO8 BH league. RETURNS.....

Comments

• troyboy172troyboy172 Member Posts: 19
    sorry
    thursday 17.30
  • troyboy172troyboy172 Member Posts: 19
    in 17.30 tuesday
    in 19.18 tuesday
    in 17.30 thursday
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    coo1-um said:

Congratulations to the following.

Season 8 Winners

1st place @safc71 who wins a £33 tournament ticket to a game of their choice

2nd place @mrwizz who wins a £11 tournament ticket to a game of their choice

3rd place @Enut who wins a £5.50 tournament ticket to a game of their choice

If you could inform @Tikay10 of the games you would like to be entered into he will sort, as usual 48 hours notice is preferable.

Evening @Tikay10 could you put me into the £33 Hitman on Thursday. Cheers Tikay and Thanks @coo1-um keep up the good work.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

@safc71

Thursday's Hitman is fine, leave it with me please.
    Enut said:

coo1-um said:

Congratulations to the following.

Season 8 Winners

1st place @safc71 who wins a £33 tournament ticket to a game of their choice

2nd place @mrwizz who wins a £11 tournament ticket to a game of their choice

3rd place @Enut who wins a £5.50 tournament ticket to a game of their choice

If you could inform @Tikay10 of the games you would like to be entered into he will sort, as usual 48 hours notice is preferable.

Hi @Tikay10, I hope you are well rested from your weekend's exploits. If you get a chance could you put me into tonight's PLO8 at 7.18, failing that tomorrow or Thursday's would also be OK.

Much obliged.

@Enut

Hi Paul,

Sorry, only just seen this so it won't be tonight (Tuesday).

I'll sort it for Wednesday though.

@Enut

Morning Paul,

Your free entry into tonight's PLO8 @ 19.18 has been sorted.

VBOL.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    Tikay10 said:

@Enut

Morning Paul,

Your free entry into tonight's PLO8 @ 19.18 has been sorted.

VBOL.

Thanks @Tikay10, much appreciated, let's hope I do a little better than yesterday evening!

Now that's sorted please feel free to take the rest of the day off.
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    Whilst doing particularly poorly last night I happened to notice @hughjarse2 at my table and congratulated him on his win in the SPT over the weekend, only to find that he didn't win it, @hughjarse9 did! Just how many hughjarses are there?

In my defence in mini view the last bit of the screen name is often missing, but I did feel a bit silly.
    Enut said:

Whilst doing particularly poorly last night I happened to notice @hughjarse2 at my table and congratulated him on his win in the SPT over the weekend, only to find that he didn't win it, @hughjarse9 did! Just how many hughjarses are there?

In my defence in mini view the last bit of the screen name is often missing, but I did feel a bit silly.

@Enut

There's at least 10 or 12 of them.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Good Morning
    I thought I had a modicum of understanding of this game, however last night I was bemused by my A5678 beaten by 23678 for the lo hand
    As much as someone tried to help me fathom out why , I just couldn’t get my head round it.
    Anyone simplify it please?
    I thought A was lower than the 2 so I would win the lo, obviously I’ve been folding too many ‘winning’ lo hands.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    @tomgoodun

Someone once told me to look at the number in reverse and which ever is lower wins.
    So in your example
    A5678= 87651
    23678=87632
    87632 is lower, so wins the low part.

Alternatively, keep playing the way you believe.
    It gives the rest of us more of a chance. ;)
    edited February 2021

@tomgoodun

Someone once told me to look at the number in reverse and which ever is lower wins.
    So in your example
    A5678= 87651
    23678=87632
    87632 is lower, so wins the low part.

Alternatively, keep playing the way you believe.
    It gives the rest of us more of a chance. ;)

I think we could all do with a lesson on
  • -Stuey--Stuey- Member Posts: 386
    tomgoodun said:

Good Morning
    I thought I had a modicum of understanding of this game, however last night I was bemused by my A5678 beaten by 23678 for the lo hand
    As much as someone tried to help me fathom out why , I just couldn’t get my head round it.
    Anyone simplify it please?
    I thought A was lower than the 2 so I would win the lo, obviously I’ve been folding too many ‘winning’ lo hands.

To help understand the ranks of low hands, the following sample qualifying low hands (not a complete list) are ranked from least powerful (#1, will rarely win the low half of the pot) to most powerful (#10, the nuts):

8, 7, 6, 5, 4
    8, 7, 6, 5, 3
    8, 6, 4, 2, A
    8, 4, 3, 2, A
    7, 6, 5, 4, 2
    7, 6, 5, 2, A
    7, 5, 4, 3, 2
    6, 5, 4, 3, 2
    6, 4, 3, 2, A
    5, 4, 3, 2, A

Note that a low hand is always ranked from its highest card downwards. So for example, hand #9 is known as a ‘Six-low’ because its highest card is a Six. Hand #5 is a ‘Seven-low’, and Hand #1 is an ‘Eight-low’. In poker slang, you distinguish between close low hands by going further down the ranks, so hand #9 would be called a ‘Six-Four low’, which beats hand #8, a ‘Six-Five low’.

Infrequent but correct. I've been left scratching my head too!
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Tikay10 said:

@safc71

Thursday's Hitman is fine, leave it with me please.

Cheers @Tikay10
    if anyone knows where the self destruct button is please let me know, i really need to disarm it. i expect its somewhere near the logical reasoning button i cant find that either.