You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Yes, I expect, each and every Usual Obvious Suspect, to come Storming In.. However

misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
For, any of the 'real' genuine, proper No Limit Hold Em players, yep, I will listen, too you.
Now, if I get Banned? Moved? Jogged On, for posting this, then, Thanks For The Memories.. etc

Let's, Drill down, and get Fully FACTUAL

You don't, get 5 Year £25 Anniversary Bet, unless you have been, punting, playing, for 5 years, so that, proves that.

Next, Feb 2016 - Feb 2020 dropped 6k, 6 large, 6 Grand on poker minus..
-£6,000 posted it, screenshot it, proved it.
On Poker (the money, irrelevant) save for, a rather large, very large, bruised Poker EGO Ache.
As ever, also, posted, archived, showed, reset Sharky, May 2nd 2020.
with a self imposed, max buy in, of a tenner, and a self declared 2 year Target, of winning £10,000 and achieving 80 rated, next to my player name.

Ten Months, and a fraction, down the line, here is, exactly that.
And, not ducked that,and wont, either, MADPROFS charity, mine,or both be Weighed In.

Further,...
I ask, this One and Only Question, why, should I, continue, playing 6max no limit hold em Poker, here, give me a reason?

More proof, almost, threw in the Poker Towel (here)

Proof? here you go

There, is Your Factual Verbatim proof, that between 25th Feb and 5th March, I simply could not be bothered.

Further, anyone, (because I don't hide it, or duck it, ever) can go to SHARKY, and estsblish
Verbatim Truth.. This.

Saturday March 6th.Exactly, Unequivocally Poker played, today.

whether friend, foe, or neutral
reference this, what is in plain site, exactly above and below
Today's, Poker,Only, just 8 tournies, 8,not 88, then, come back to me.

Bounty Hunter, deep, very deep, with the best two, you can wish for, AA
Not only, the best two,96% good, for the Crown Jewels, Rivered. 96% nailed on.

£5.50 dym, flop, Top 2, KK QQ with pocket, KQ, runs into! a flopped straight.

£5.50 bounty hunter bubble, Rivered, by the Huge stacks inside straight chase, hits the river, lol

£5.50 Bounty Hunter, deep, very deep
2 shortest stacks, and big stack, result, Boat, over Boat, over Boat, all in, PRE.
Pocket JJ
Pocket A8 big stack
Pocket QQ misterpj (short stacked, bubble, and best)

Yet another, £5.50 bounty hunter, two short stacks, all in,who calls? who is best, after the turn
Hold? with the best hand? take 2 bounties, no chance, Big Stack gets there, on the River lol
Rivered (again by the Big Stack)

All in with pocket 88, runs straight into pocket 99

Quads Anyone? Seen them twice, in 40 minutes.

That's a mighty, 8 tournies, only 8, all today, 02.30 - 12.45, and actual, factual hands, shown.
I know, the majority, do not run, relentlessly, as Evidenced.

Summary
Rivered, Huge Hand, Rivered, by a max 2 out,my AA v 99
£5.50 dym flop top 2,my KK QQ into what? flopped straight
£5.50 bounty hunter, Bubble, Rivered by the big stack chasing inside straight draw, me best, QQ, river J makes 2 pair, lol, into big stack inside straight chaser
£5.50 bounty hunter 2 short stacks All In, v me v Big Stack, all in Pre, (4 way)
lol best, 1 card to come, no chance holding for 2 bounties and a playable stack
Pocket A8 pocket JJ into my pocket QQ
£5.50 bounty hunter, 4 way pot, who best? and to take, two bounties, but, Big Stack gets there, on the river.
Need? I go on
Quad AAAA and board quad 7777 in 40 minutes,

Zero Selectivety, NON.. don't tell me, I neither understand 6max no limit, and I neither understand variance! Really lol.
And, you know what, all I do, is look at a beautiful little woofer, and all is well (always and forever) x

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,376
    Welcome back, a little something for you.

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,646
    I dont know what exactly you are expecting here. you are slightly marginally better then break even. That is after the rake. Take the positive from that if you improved your game you could become profitable to the point where the wins could make a material difference to your financial situation.

It is up to you, you can either pound the sand and complain about your bad luck and save up every bad beat or you can wave through it improve and make decent money.

You know I was in the last ten of a tournament on here I got all in with AA pre flop against 55 and Q10 and both hands outflopped me leaving me short stacked. first price was like £500 and if my hand had held I likely would have won a few hundred pounds.

I also had KQ of hearts on a board with two hearts and K. so I had top pair second nut kicker and the second nut flush draw got it all in against someone who jammed with K10 and he hit the 10 on the river that hand was worth like £40 since it was timed tournament.

of course I could forget the time it went the other way in a big way. long time ago my biggest win in poker ever was $20000 on another site. I got all in with a lot of players left when short stacked with A10 suited I got called by AQ and the flop came KQJ. The guy with AQ went on for the next half hour about how I was the worst player in the world and how outragous this was (I had six BB pretty sure thats a shove) I then went on to recover and record my biggest win in poker ever. which all came from inflicting that bad beat on someone so it goes both ways.

I could mention more hands we all take bad beats its part of the game. I was not getting results that I was satisfied with so I saved up my small wins and paid for 3 hours coaching. I still am not happy with my results but they have significantly improved after that coaching. so once I pass my next targeted bankroll I will go back for more coaching.

You want people to convince you to stay well sorry I am not going to do that.

I think that if the game stresses you out as much as it appears to and your either unable or unwilling to study and get better and your going to keep getting this wound up then I think for your own mental health and mental well being you should quit.

I think its a shame to throw away such an opportunity but if your not in the right mental state to handle it then I guess that is what you need to do.

• Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    How do you claim the 5 year free bet ? I never got one lol
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Congrats on the £1.24.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,554
    Gutted....thot you had left....
  • Options
    Played 4
    Exit 4

Inspiring Mystic Poker 😉

And a couple from only mtt Sat eve, 4 mins apart, lol

'system' working exceedingly well, just send, more monies

• Options
    more of that variance, all one way traffic lol

• Options
    Well, one thing, not one person, can reasonably argue, this thread, this 36 hours, simply consider, in context,(cumulative) hands, play, deal run out, as evidenced.

with complete respect to one and all, if you look through, what has been shared, nothing would bring me, more 'joy' than to be able, to scribe, Waxing Lyrical words.

'my cornerman' has my 'bloodied n bruised' formerly pure white towel, more reddish now, clutched and on the cusp, of shipping it, into the middle of this Poker ring.

Been around here, a, long time, put plenty dollar into the place

Before, you look below, just refresh a couple of already posted, gut wrenching river, 1 - 2 outers, I been on the receiving end of. Zero, nought to do, with so called 'bad play'

As for, dusting down, griiting ones Poker teeth, metaphorically spitting back, with a No Defeat No Surrender Attitude, there comes a point, when........

Consider this
    MTT, getting on, 3 hours deep, 11 left, 8 paid, stack 33,000,3rd
    3 hands, in 8 minutes (less rest break) 13.47 13.49 14.03 to zero and out.
    My cards?
    Pocket AK suited diamonds v (3 J off)
    Pocket AA v (8 6 suited)
    Pocket 44 v (K J off)
    Every single hand, Rivered.
    So, I check limped?.. Nope!
    hand 1,did check the turn though, a mere 89% good
    hand 2, raised it 3600 pre, bet the flop, called, then called a 5100 bet on the turn
    64% good v 36%,burned another 10,000 calling the river, of course,flush chase landed 40,000+
    hand 3, all in pre with 44,flop it 71% good, turn river runner runner straight

Two of those hands, the same 2 players heads up, myself lost both, inside 3 minutes, over 50,000
    3 J makes 2 pair on the River, not folding to anything
    8 6 hits the river flush v AA not folding to anything
    K J off, snaps my All In with my 44,turn river ru ner runner straight, kid, ya not.

• Options
    Cliff notes:

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    give up poker get on the punting thread much better for your good self.
    poker is obviously doing your head in have a break for a month or 2.
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

poker is obviously doing your head in have a break for a month or 2.

Ok, ill give it a try.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    gpc70 said:

poker is obviously doing your head in have a break for a month or 2. 336

• Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Reading between the lines here 🙄
    Tikay10 said:

Mate, your "all-in" was less than 2 Bigs & he had half a Big in the pot already. If you think that's a bad beat you are in serious trouble.

I've tried to explain to you repeatedly - there's a correlation between your stack size & what you are going to get called with.

There's not a poker player on earth who would consider that a bad beat or even run bad.

There's loads of players on here who are taking on advice & improving their game. Until you do the same you are going to keep getting in these suicide spots.

Your results won't improve until you plug these basic leaks. There's a genuine desire from most players to help you, but you need to be prepared to learn.

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997

gpc70 said:

poker is obviously doing your head in have a break for a month or 2. 336

better number
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    With the way you play and the fact you don't want to change the way you play you shouldn't be expecting different outcomes with results. I think you should be happy that you can play your hobby and win or lose only a small amount. That is assuming you enjoy playing, if you don't enjoy playing then its better you find another hobby.
  • Options
    Well, ladies and Gents

Thanks always, all.

Not arguing, no chance, 'with the way I play'...
    so, I should assume, 3 J off chasing, always getting there on the River, and assume, Flush Chasing, (so yesterday) as advised by Factotum wanna be, not TK, repeat, not TK, but the one who doesn't play much poker,but advises everyone else, how to play 'flush chasing',so yesterday!
    FLUSH chase, v AA always getting there on the River, and, the 'way I play' all in short stacked with pocket 44, that turn river runner runner naturally making the straight.. Lol, the way I play.
    Graph below, 11 month grind, those that wish to mock me, will no doubt claim, a rock steady 9 month climbing curve, a lucky run!, when the facts prove a horror run. Followed by 2 months in free fall, lol.

Matt, your opinion on Doyle Brunson, and everything Doyle has put in Print, re playing no limit hold em.

More than happy, to Share, and Show, factual Accuracy, nearing 11 months
    (April 2nd) will leave me 13 months, April 2nd 2021> May 2nd 2022
    80 rated
    £10,000 Green,a way to go, love a Challenge.
    But, 5 ops (operations inbound for me, both knees, both ankles, and left shoulder) so will have almost free full time commitment, for 13 months

Would be amazed? if most, don't do as I do, a quick Sharky on opponents, for any nugget of Intel, player notes, et al. Some, dont arf run 'perma warm!'

ankles worse! than knees, still do min 4 miles run every day, although gutted that has to cease now.
    getting schedule of operations agreed next Monday, shoulder first (that's nothing) other than a big pain! unusable at moment, then knees, ankles last.
    All good fun, but be plenty time, for an all out tilt, at the Poker Title
    (when does, Micromasters start? doubt I even be allowed!)

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727

"(when does, Micromasters start? doubt I even be allowed!)"

It's not confirmed yet, but will most likely start next week.

NOSTRI runs it so it's nothing to do with me, but there's no reason why you would not be allowed to play. It would obviously be preferable if you did not clog the thread up with perceived bad beats though.

You are still going on about the hand where you had 4-4, so it seems you still don't get it. Forget that he made a straight, any K or J would have done the same job, but the point is you had LESS THAN 2 BIGS, so you are always vulnerable there. In the late stages, when you dip below 20 Bigs, you gotta open up & start playing back, jamming, & definitely no limping.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited March 2021
    Do you think Doyle Brunson's views on MTTs are very relevant? Maybe you base your game on his first book which was published in 1979 and that could be why you have the results you do. The game is constantly evolving. Why would I spend time looking at books he has written?

You don't want to adjust or improve on the way you play which is fine. Just accept the same things will happen to you. Based on the hands you post I would be pleased you have managed to breakeven over that period.