You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bank Holiday Music Lyric Quiz.

13»

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Glenelg said:

Essexphil said:

Try imdb-ing James Corden, actor

I was trying NOT to google.....
    But he has done loads of stuff.
    You'll only get it because you are so close
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    I gave up and had to google. Clem Cattini. Close but no cigar.....
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    edited April 2021
    Glenelg said:

I gave up and had to google. Clem Cattini. Close but no cigar.....

Same here as the only drummer I knew was Cozy Powell but I did find this info on Clem Cattini that lists all 42 number 1's and an interesting story of how his group changed their name to The Blue Flames.

https://www.coda-uk.co.uk/clem_cattini.htm

Clem Cattini is a legend in drumming terms. He has appeared on these 42 number one hit singles

1/ "Shaking All Over" Johnny Kidd & The Pirates, 2/ "Well I Ask You" Eden Kane, 3/ "Come Outside" Mike Sarne, 4/ "Telstar" The Tornados, 5/ "Diane" The Bachelors, 6/ "Make It Easy On Yourself" The Walker Brothers, 7/ "Tears" Ken Dodd, 8/ "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" The Walker Brothers, 9/ "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" Dusty Springfield, 10/ "Out Of Time" Chris Farlowe, 11/ "Green Green Grass Of Home" Tom Jones, 12/ "Release Me" Engelbert Humperdinck, 13/ "The Last Waltz" Engelbert Humperdinck, 14/ "Ballad Of Bonnie & Clyde" Georgie Fame, 15/ "Everlasting Love" The Love Affair, 16/ "Cinderella Rockefella" Esther & Abi Ofarim, 17/ "I Pretend" Des O'Connor, 18/ "Where Do You Go To My Lovely" Peter Sarstedt, 19/ "Something In The Air" Thunderclap Newman, 20/ "Two Little Boys" Rolf Harris, 21/ "Love Grows" Edison Lighthouse, 22/ "Yellow River" Christie, 23/ "Hot Love" T. Rex, 24/ "Grandad" Clive Dunn, 25/ "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" Middle Of The Road, 26/ "Get It On" T. Rex, 27/ "Ernie" Benny Hill, 28/ "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" New Seekers, 29/ "Telegram Sam" T.Rex, 30/ "Son Of My Father" Chicory Tip, 31/ "Welcome Home" Peters & Lee, 32/ "Jealous Mind" Alvin Stardust, 33/ "When Will I See You Again" Three Degrees, 34/ "Whispering Grass" Windsor Davies & Don Estelle, 35/ "Give A Little Love" Bay City Rollers, 36/ "Barbados" Typically Tropical, 37/ "No Charge" J.J Barrie, 38/ "So You Win Again" Hot Chocolate, 39/ "Angelo" Brotherhood Of Man, 40/ "Figaro" Brotherhood Of Man, 41/ "Save Your Love" Renee & Renato, 42/ "(Is This The Way To) Amarillo" Tony Christie ft Peter Kaye.

A Humorous Story From Clem.

Boredom leads to a change of name

In 1958 when touring Scotland as Billy Fury's backing group, "The Beat Boys", the lads did something that resulted in a change of name for their band.

Kenny Packwood (Lead Guitar), Georgie Fame (Piano), Brian Gregg (Bass) and Clem Cattini (Drums), one cold afternoon when they were sat in the group van and had nothing to do, decided to pass the time by lighting one another's f arts.

One can only imagine that scene, and the loud laughter, as each musician in turn tried to out-do the others. As it was a cold day, their wind, when ignited, was blue in colour. As a consequence, from that time onward, they started to call themselves, "The Blue Flames". A name that Georgie Fame obviously liked a lot. He used it for his own backing group in the sixties.
  • Options
    Correct. Well done.

Loved the info re the Blue Flames.

The man's breadth is incredible. Not only in time (those No. 1's go from 1960-2005). But he has drummed for pretty much every genre of music. From folk to glam to crooners to pap to metal-you name it, he's done it.

I think he was only in the band and fully credited on 2 No.1's. 1 & 4 on your list. He still tours as the Tornados (or did, pre-Covid).

Some of the hits are awful. But just as many are wonderful. And the best is the first.

"Shakin' all over" is the best ever British rock and roll song. If you've never heard it, play it.
  • Options
    I agree he's played on some pretty diverse songs but from his number 1's these are the ones (in no particular order) that I wouldn't change the radio station over for. My musical taste ranges from Al Jolson to Motorhead with plenty of diversity in between.

"The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" The Walker Brothers.
    "Out Of Time" Chris Farlowe.
    "Green Green Grass Of Home" Tom Jones.
    "Release Me" Engelbert Humperdinck.
    "The Last Waltz" Engelbert Humperdinck.
    "Everlasting Love" The Love Affair.
    "Cinderella Rockefella" Esther & Abi Ofarim.
    "Where Do You Go To My Lovely" Peter Sarstedt.
    "Something In The Air" Thunderclap Newman.
    "Two Little Boys" Rolf Harris.
    "Love Grows" Edison Lighthouse.
    "Yellow River" Christie.
    "Ernie" Benny Hill.
    "Welcome Home" Peters & Lee.
    "Whispering Grass" Windsor Davies & Don Estelle.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

I agree he's played on some pretty diverse songs but from his number 1's these are the ones (in no particular order) that I wouldn't change the radio station over for. My musical taste ranges from Al Jolson to Motorhead with plenty of diversity in between.

"The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" The Walker Brothers.
    "Out Of Time" Chris Farlowe.
    "Green Green Grass Of Home" Tom Jones.
    "Release Me" Engelbert Humperdinck.
    "The Last Waltz" Engelbert Humperdinck.
    "Everlasting Love" The Love Affair.
    "Cinderella Rockefella" Esther & Abi Ofarim.
    "Where Do You Go To My Lovely" Peter Sarstedt.
    "Something In The Air" Thunderclap Newman.
    "Two Little Boys" Rolf Harris.
    "Love Grows" Edison Lighthouse.
    "Yellow River" Christie.
    "Ernie" Benny Hill.
    "Welcome Home" Peters & Lee.
    "Whispering Grass" Windsor Davies & Don Estelle.

Agree with all your choices, other than Peters & Lee.

I have eclectic musical tastes. Playing my own CDs til finish on GG Poker. Next 3 CDs are John Lee Hooker, Jessie J, and Laibach.

Would add numbers 1, 9, 23, 26, 32, 33 and 38 to your list.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Ah Laibach actually got me laid once.

I was going out with a Welsh girl called Gwenllian who refused to sleep with me until I could speak Welsh.

I stripped off and said "Laibach and Prestatyn", she smiled and obliged.

• Options
    edited April 2021

Ah Laibach actually got me laid once.

I was going out with a Welsh girl called Gwenllian who refused to sleep with me until I could speak Welsh.

I stripped off and said "Laibach and Prestatyn", she smiled and obliged.

Was that your first encounter with the Haysie clan...