You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Hello Everybody - RegiTime Here

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,178
    The--Don said:

Quiet night last night.

I played (I think) seven tournaments with only three very small cashes to show for my time.

Got in some nice spots but couldn't convert. I don't think I got it in bad too often and at one point or another I had decent chips in several games which bodes well.

My weakness in MTT's is definitely playing the middle stages when average stacks are 20-40bb. I don't really have much of a clue what I am doing at those depths, especially against unknown opponents.

I'm not sufficiently motivated to learn more about those spots with active studying, so I'll just have to rely on good cards and dumb luck to help me navigate my way to super deep runs.

That's how many make their money on here.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473

@The--Don

I heard that the cash games are very juicy this week. Pity you are messing around with micro stakes MTT's when you could be getting the lot at Cash.

Just saying, like.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    Tikay10 said:

@The--Don

I heard that the cash games are very juicy this week. Pity you are messing around with micro stakes MTT's when you could be getting the lot at Cash.

Just saying, like.

There is more to life than money sir.

You will appreciate this a little more when you're shuffling to the door to pick up your Shepherd's Pie.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Add me in @Tikay10

GLGL REG
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

Add me in @Tikay10

GLGL REG

@PKRPar

OK, will do when I next do a little update, probably on Friday.
  • Options

Updated list of pledges as at 0830, Friday 2nd July

£10 pledged by;

@Duesenberg
    @Enut
    @kapowblamz
    @loosecamel
    @PKRPar
    @Swog
    @Tikay10
    @waller02

In addition, for a modified challenge;

@mumsie

Not forgetting, of course;

@The--Don
  • Options
    I screwed up last night.

Firstly, I got decent chips in three of the four tournaments I played before doing an @aynaricol and slaughtering the stacks.

Much more irritatingly though, I was in a rush as I was working until 7.30 and got home, put @Duesenberg twitch stream on and forgot about recording my session, so no video today which has annoyed me.

I have decided to ditch playing the deep stack games. They are great structures for the price but they take too long and also take up space on my screen that would be better used for cash tables.

One of the points of this was to help me play more hours at cash tables and so far, it has had the direct opposite effect. I intend to play all the £5 games on the MML schedule on any given night and then make up the numbers with the £3.30 turbo if necessary.

In any week where I have a chance of winning a prize, I will probably play more tournaments on the later days to give myself more point scoring chances.

I am enjoying playing which is the most important thing. Just need to strike a balance between chasing points and grabbing some good seats at cash tables.
  • Options
    Played four tournaments last night.

I made the FT of the £5 Mega Stack. I was 2/10 but finished 6th after making a bad call down against @WAREZ BvB where I flopped the world with top pair and a flush draw that did not improve to beat his AA. I probably should have folded the river but he was playing pretty aggressively and I'm a calling station :smile:

The others didn't go quite so well but I feel I'm playing ok and giving the games plenty of respect.

It is good practice for me for if/when I decide to play more MTT's in the future.

I have had a chat with @Tikay10 and he has allowed me a free pass to miss tonight due to England playing and there being a reduced schedule. I might still play some tournaments but might not make the four required for the challenge.
  • Options
    The--Don Member Posts: 379
    13:23 edited 13:23 IPv6

I managed to get the prerequisite number of games in last night and had my usual MTT problem of getting chips early before stalling in the middle stages and not winning all in's when covered.

I think I know what I'm doing wrong in the mid stages and it revolves around lacking post flop aggression out of fear that bluffs won't work enough and that being pretty damaging to my stack.

It is definitely a mental game leak that I need to address if I want to start turning good starts into seriously deep runs.

I'm going to record my play tonight in order to make a video tomorrow. I'm sad that the mini major isn't an MML qualifier because I like that tournament.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @The--Don

Sorry, don't even ask what a mess I got myself in there ^^^^^

• Options
    Morning all.

One week into this and we have run into some minor hiccups.

Firstly, unsurprisingly, it turns out my video editing skills aren't up to the task regarding a video diary of this, so the video diary has been shelved. I will record any interesting FT's I reach though and try to review them with someone better than me at MTTs.

Secondly, the is a touch of uncertainty whether the league will run or not this week. If it doesn't run, I will pause the challenge until the league restarts and then restart it unless I have a very good reason not to. I can't think what that reason could be, so it's 99% certain that I will resume.

If the league does run this week, then I intend to play and the challenge continues.

So far, I have played seven consecutive days of at least four qualifying tournaments. It is interfering with my cash game volume but that isn't a major issue at this time of year and this year especially when poker traffic has dropped significantly.

I trust those who have got involved will be ok with all of the above but if not, then reply below and we can talk about it :smile:

Cheers.
    Reg
  • Options
    Just the four tournaments played last night with a couple of minor cashes and a handful of heads taken.

Did slightly better in the middle stages but still suffering a little from monsters under the bed syndrome post flop when I should be trying to find some more bluffs.

I feel like I'm making some progress but it's slow going.

Profit now up to £159 since starting this challenge. No idea if I am in profit for the tournaments I have played though as I don't have sharkscope.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886

Gl with the challenge
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    gl @The--Don let me no when you want that £10
  • Options
    lfccarl said:

gl @The--Don let me no when you want that £10

I might not want it :smile:

I've enjoyed not playing tournaments tonight. As it stands right now, there is more than a 50% chance I send £80 to AgeUk tomorrow.