You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

still has not changed with the made up scanarios on here after posting last week .

PikeyDavePikeyDave Member Posts: 8
i mentioned about this literally 4/5 days ago deadly serious thanks for the people who got in touch and gave me advice and as for the others just being arrogant ballbags dont want to hear it , same arrogant people usually who are majorly in profit and when u see them in a game all in vs a donk never lose an all in ever , yet i play the same sort of hands and end up losing 90% of the time , same old garbage all day and night again really think i need a break , cant even win with aces as 4 hearts come out and someone of course has the heart , get a 2 pair someone has a straight , get a straight someone has a flush , and so on , having to force every hand going literally to try catch a break but conviniently majority of the time someone has the hand im trying to represent , its got that bad i cant remember a time when someone has made a dumb all in call literally almost blind some of the hands have been that bad and literally about the last 10 all ins no lie they have managed to sucker me out and beat me not even exxagerating , garbage like queen 6 off , jack 8 off , all with stacks and positions they should not be calling in a million years , also the dominant ace situation another scanario cant remember the last time ive been in all in with AK etc get called by a lower ace and everytime manage to end up splitting or losing the pot completly , i love the game of poker been playing for ages on many different sites but literally got to a point its got into my head and everything i do is wrong and works out bad for me even though majority of the time its the right play , any advice on how to get out of the ruck as im completely out of ideas , would love some proper advice on it

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    That is quite possibly the longest single sentence I have ever seen. Impressive stuff.

When do we think we'll get the first bad beat post from misterpj in here? I'm going for Thursday at 14:13.

As for the OP, when the fun stops...
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    great username
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    PKRPar said:

great username

really? His user name is as awful as his posts
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997

That is quite possibly the longest single sentence I have ever seen. Impressive stuff.

When do we think we'll get the first bad beat post from misterpj in here? I'm going for Thursday at 14:13.

As for the OP, when the fun stops...

deffo earlier
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Either play through the pain and ride out your bad run or take a break.
    It will turn eventually gl
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    If you post some standard hands (not bad beats) where you think you're making 'the right play' people will help you out and point you in the right direction
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    You need to look into variance my man... Even the best players can have a huge downswing or break even stretch (Big downswings harder on sky due to field sizes).

I have a feeling you wont be playing close to optimal and that will be making the situation worse. This once sentence alone "having to force every hand going literally to try catch a break" tells me everything I need to know.

Search Danny Cotton on Skype and I will happily sit and rail you for an hour and give you a list of leaks you need to work on... from there its down to you.

That is the pic you are looking for on skype.

Now if you don't add me I will assume you will not be posting anymore nonsense as you decided not to work on getting better.

You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the variance hole goes.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    thats one **** of an offer, also love the matrix reference.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Doooobs said:

PKRPar said:

great username

i trust you know my post was in jest..
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    PKRPar said:

Doooobs said:

PKRPar said:

great username

i trust you know my post was in jest..
    I wasn't sure; hence the question mark; I do now, no worries.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    edited August 2021
    PikeyDave said:

i mentioned about this literally 4/5 days ago deadly serious thanks for the people who got in touch and gave me advice and as for the others just being arrogant ballbags dont want to hear it , same arrogant people usually who are majorly in profit and when u see them in a game all in vs a donk never lose an all in ever , yet i play the same sort of hands and end up losing 90% of the time , same old garbage all day and night again really think i need a break , cant even win with aces as 4 hearts come out and someone of course has the heart , get a 2 pair someone has a straight , get a straight someone has a flush , and so on , having to force every hand going literally to try catch a break but conviniently majority of the time someone has the hand im trying to represent , its got that bad i cant remember a time when someone has made a dumb all in call literally almost blind some of the hands have been that bad and literally about the last 10 all ins no lie they have managed to sucker me out and beat me not even exxagerating , garbage like queen 6 off , jack 8 off , all with stacks and positions they should not be calling in a million years , also the dominant ace situation another scanario cant remember the last time ive been in all in with AK etc get called by a lower ace and everytime manage to end up splitting or losing the pot completly , i love the game of poker been playing for ages on many different sites but literally got to a point its got into my head and everything i do is wrong and works out bad for me even though majority of the time its the right play , any advice on how to get out of the ruck as im completely out of ideas , would love some proper advice on it

Ok so reading this makes it look like you only want action from good players with strong holdings.

Why would you not want the donks calling your bets or betting into you with trash?. Surely this is exactly what we want if making a profit is why we play.

Also the AK you speak of is not the all conquering hand that you seem to think it is so perhaps you need to re evaluate your expectations especially post flop or multiway.

There's always the option of not playing for a while, I'm currently on day 3 of a short break because I felt I was getting tilted, I may play later tonight or I may not play til Friday.

Fresh perspective can help massively as can going right back to basics. Oh and DON'T pass up the offer of @Itsover4u , that really will help you.

Have a great day and good luck.
  • Options
    @PikeyDave patiently waiting for the add
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Itsover4u said:

@PikeyDave patiently waiting for the add

Sit back, put your feet up, it’s going to be a long wait :D
  • Options
    PikeyDavePikeyDave Member Posts: 8
    someone care to tell me why im raising 3x the blinds and getting called by jack 2 and jack 3 and 9 6 off suit and im losing all 3 of the hands on the river , the donks only play to get their money off me it really is hillarious how bad people can play and how bad the hands are people call and get unreal luck , yet one bad call and out i go .. the variance on this game is unbelieveable not going to lie really really muggy .
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    PikeyDave said:

someone care to tell me why im raising 3x the blinds and getting called by jack 2 and jack 3 and 9 6 off suit and im losing all 3 of the hands on the river , the donks only play to get their money off me it really is hillarious how bad people can play and how bad the hands are people call and get unreal luck , yet one bad call and out i go .. the variance on this game is unbelieveable not going to lie really really muggy .

The only way to stop this is to either;

Fold,

Raise bigger

or

Play higher where raises are respected

Please let us know how it goes. Good luck
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    PikeyDave said:

You should embrace people calling raises with trash long term it can only be good
    You thinking short term and rage tilting ain't gonna help at all, you need to chill mate
  • Options
    PikeyDave said:

Do you care to tell us why you have not taken a free offer of help from a proven winning player (Free of charge) and are still posting complaining.

Help yourself or stop posting.

Honestly I have zero sympathy for losing players who moan like you.

Offer withdrawn
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited August 2021
    I want to know why you think it would change just because you posted on here @PikeyDave ?

.....it's still the same RNG, and does just that, as it has done since the start of SKYPoker.

Either deal with it, or try and improve, particularly the Mental side of your Game (there are good books and free online help out there. You really should have taken up Danny's offer @Itsover4u ........but definitely remember the times YOU get lucky on the River, because we all do. :)

GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    radzer02radzer02 Member Posts: 131
    Wouldn't pay much attention, everyone knows how he plays. Raises a lot of hands usually poor ones, wins with them and not a peep, loses against them kind of hand he usually plays and cries. Will call out a player for playing a similar hand he literally just played

The fact help was offered and not taken just shows he thinks he's better than he is and can't accept losing
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,738
    radzer02 said:

Wouldn't pay much attention, everyone knows how he plays. Raises a lot of hands usually poor ones, wins with them and not a peep, loses against them kind of hand he usually plays and cries. Will call out a player for playing a similar hand he literally just played

The fact help was offered and not taken just shows he thinks he's better than he is and can't accept losing

maybe he/she just doesnt use skype...or they freak out at the thought of facing reality or something like that....lotsa reasons why not adding someone on skype, including the one you suggested o/c.

imo the problem the person is having is not understanding the impact of luck or the variance (as we like to call it) and the notion of what skill is......imo all us mere mortals struggle with those 2 concepts......

when we win we think "skill" instead of "sh it look how lucky i was hitting all them draws, sucking out or holding up" and when we lose we think bad luck, instead of " why did I make that play, he clearly had me beat when he reraised that river"

ps. nae wonder I usually keep my thoughts to myself, sometimes i gibber a lotta fish.