You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Freedom Of Information Revelation

somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
From your favourite "main stream" man on Youtube - Dr John Campbell.

I saw this guy start to question the narrative when he discovered that the Government and the MSM wasn't telling us about the importance of Vitamin D...

Too much for me to unpack so watch Dr Campbell walk you through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHvwWWcjYw

Any "newspapers" reporting this?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,664
    edited January 2022
    Is he really a Doctor in the recognisable sense?

Readers & viewers should bear in mind he has a bit of a reputation, & is not someone we should give much credit to judging by his previous You Tube Vids. (IMO, of course).

So I doubt the credible media will take much notice of his views. I certainly won't.

Here's his Wiki page;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    He looks like he needs some vitamin D
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,235
    edited January 2022
    This information has been posted on a number of other threads some time ago.

VespaPX Member Posts: 7,916
    January 15

The trouble with these statistics is that people do not understand what they actually mean.

If you click on to your link, you will see that what the ONS means by this is that Covid was the sole reason for death listed on the Death Cert.

I have seen a fair few in my time. They almost always (on any death, not just Covid ones) list at least 1 primary cause of death. And at least 1 secondary.

So-the reason for the low numbers is this. Firstly, there would need to be no comorbidity that was relevant and pre-existing.

And secondly, that the disease did not of itself create a comorbidity. So-it did not cause massive lung damage, or a heart attack, or pneumonia or sepsis.

Whereas, in reality Covid is a major cause, even the major cause in many deaths. But, in medical terms, the sole cause in far fewer.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029
    I have seen lots of discussion about this. And it just goes to prove that, provided you "doctor" the questions in the right way, you can slant statistics to give a totally misleading impression.

Firstly, this man might be a "Doctor". But that is because he studied for a doctorate in Nurse Education. He is not a medical Doctor. Which he should make abundantly clear when he is talking about medical matters.

People often have very closed minds on this sort of subject. So when people say stuff like "This is about as far as my thinking has gone" it usually means that they have only looked at the bits they want to. Sure that is not only true for people like "Dr" Campbell

His flawed thinking is simply due to the fact that he fails to understand what "pre-existing conditions" means in this particular context.

It is a Death Certificate. "Pre-existing conditions" means prior to Death. Not prior to catching Covid.

The FOI question was quite deliberately couched in such a way so as to give the answer the questioner wanted.

I am surprised that there are so many deaths where the only thing mentioned on the Death Cert is Covid. Because you are excluding the people who had all sorts of pre-existing conditions and people who had conditions directly following on from the virus. The heart attacks, the pneumonia, the lung failure, the multi-organ failure.

Of course it is often difficult to pinpoint whether deaths are effectively caused by Covid. It is often 1 of the factors. Sometimes it is not the effective (or a major) cause of death. But this completely ignores the large amount of cases where Covid brought about the cause of death from the resultant health condition.

I think the various stats the Government uses are far from ideal.

But better than this claptrap.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    hhyftrftdr Member Posts: 7,907
    January 20
    This is why people like Dan Wootton, and people who are share his stuff, are idiots....

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Tikay10 said:

Readers & viewers should bear in mind he has a bit of a reputation, & is not someone we should give much credit to judging by his previous You Tube Vids. (IMO, of course).

So I doubt the credible media will take much notice of his views. I certainly won't.

Here's his Wiki page;

His views are virtually the only ones I listen to nowadays. All these 'experts' on MSM annoy me nearly as much as Journalists and politicians put together.

Each to their own, but I have followed this chap throughout the pandemic, and listen to what he has to say. He has no agenda. He called it right with OMICRON in mid November.

I am surprised you dont rate him Tikay. Very surprised in fact.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    In November 2021, Campbell made false claims about the use of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment.[3] A few weeks later, another widely-viewed video of his was used by anti-vaccination activists to support the misinformation that COVID vaccines cause widespread heart attacks, which he had not said.[4]

COVID-19 misinformation
    Further information: Ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic
    In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. However, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country—its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment.[3] Meaghan Kall, the lead epidemiologist for COVID-19 at the UK Health Security Agency, said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation. Further, Kall said that there was no evidence of ivermectin being used in large numbers in Japan; rather, she said it "appears this was based on anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging misinformation".[3]

In November 2021, Campbell quoted from a non-peer-reviewed journal abstract by Steven Gundry saying that mRNA vaccines might cause heart problems. Campbell said he was not sure about the claim or its quality, but did not mention the expression of concern that had been published for the abstract, saying instead that it could be "incredibly significant". The video was viewed over 2 million times within a few weeks and was used by anti-vaccination activists as support for the misinformation that COVID-19 vaccination will cause a wave of heart attacks. According to a FactCheck review, Campbell had in his video drawn attention to the poor quality of the research on which these claims were based, pointing to typos in the abstract, poor methodology, and a lack of clear data.[4]
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,664
    MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

Here's his Wiki page;

His views are virtually the only ones I listen to nowadays. All these 'experts' on MSM annoy me nearly as much as Journalists and politicians put together.

Each to their own, but I have followed this chap throughout the pandemic, and listen to what he has to say. He has no agenda. He called it right with OMICRON in mid November.

I am surprised you dont rate him Tikay. Very surprised in fact.

@MAXALLY

My colours are nailed firmly to the mast of Prof Whitty, and I'm not keen on medically under-qualified people giving out advice on topics which I suspect they don't really understand fully.

As you say though, each to their own.
  • Options
    Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.
    Its like the guy thinks he is a missionary, sent to educate the Sky Poker Forum, and we are a tribe that has spent our whole lives, living deep in the Amazonian jungle, have no experience of civilisation, never seen a tv, read a newspaper, and cant recognise the smell of bullsh1t.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.
    Its like the guy thinks he is a missionary, sent to educate the Sky Poker Forum, and we are a tribe that has spent our whole lives, living deep in the Amazonian jungle, have no experience of civilisation, never seen a tv, read a newspaper, and cant recognise the smell of bullsh1t.

That sounds just like your remit.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Why listen to a guy on you tube who's not a doctor, you tubes full of experts who know everything but really know nothing, I used to listen to Doctor ****'s Midnight Surgery on Radio Clyde, but am pretty sure he wasn't a real doctor, but he played some good tunes.
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

I was merely pointing out that this was hardly a revelation, nor were the other condescending threads he started.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

I was merely pointing out that this was hardly a revelation, nor were the other condescending threads he started.
    He has only used Dr Campbell's video title for the heading for this thread (and also posted said video). Some of the 100's of threads you start have less info.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

There are still places in Wales that don't have electricity aren't there ? :o:)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

Some parts of Staffordshire still have missionaries :)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

I know it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it, after all Wolverhampton and parts of West Bromwich are still technically South Staffordshire and boy do they need missionaries.

I hope Tony understands I'm just having bants here. I live about 65% of my life in Wales.
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

MAXALLY said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

He has only used Dr Campbell's video title for the heading for this thread (and also posted said video). Some of the 100's of threads you start have less info.
    The information he is imparting is not a revelation, as I have said earlier it has been previously posted on a number of threads some time ago.
    So how could it possibly be a revelation?
    To argue that some of my threads have less info sounds a bit school yardish.
    Of course I dont have a comment to make about your threads, because you dont start any.
    I felt that his comments on the other threads he started were condescending.
    Thats just my opinion.
    We are all entitled to one.
    I also have an opinion on people that introduce themselves as doctors, and comment on the above matters without pointing out that they are not medical doctors.
    The usual purpose of this is to mislead.
    It definitely wasnt a revelation, and his Wiki page is hardly an endorsement.

I promise to try and include more info in any threads I start in the future.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

Yes, Stoke.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Revelation?
    B0ll0cks.

Yes, Stoke.