You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Freedom Of Information Revelation

124»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,395
    somniatis said:

"Why aren't you defending the guy? ".

To get people to debate and think critically was the point of the post. That's been sadly lacking for two years+. Job done.

No heroes. That's one of my personal rules. But Richard Feynman comes close he seems to be full of joy, curiosity and in awe of being "alive", too much XTC if you ask me. ;-)

Wasn't playing poker much recently either.

The complete FUN TO IMAGINE with Richard Feynman

enjoy!

Ha ha.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,533
    Wow! Where was this thinking when I needed it....... I'm now a Quantum mechanics
    Engineer.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    somniatis said:

"Why aren't you defending the guy? ".

To get people to debate and think critically was the point of the post. That's been sadly lacking for two years+. Job done.

No heroes. That's one of my personal rules. But Richard Feynman comes close he seems to be full of joy, curiosity and in awe of being "alive", too much XTC if you ask me. ;-)

Wasn't playing poker much recently either.

The complete FUN TO IMAGINE with Richard Feynman

enjoy!

Let me get this straight.
    You are not on the forum to debate anything?
    You post a misleading video to help the rest of us debate, and think?
    Thanks very much.
    So you do see yourself as a missionary?
    Could you explain exactly what you think has been sadly lacking for 2 years?
    What happened 2 years ago to change the forum?
    And how posting a misleading video got the job done?
    What was the job that got done?

I think your condescending posts have reached new heights.

This is just my view, but I think your time would be better spent playing poker, rather than being the self appointed missionary for the forum.
  • Options
    somniatis said:

From your favourite "main stream" man on Youtube - Dr John Campbell.

I saw this guy start to question the narrative when he discovered that the Government and the MSM wasn't telling us about the importance of Vitamin D...

Too much for me to unpack so watch Dr Campbell walk you through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHvwWWcjYw

Any "newspapers" reporting this?

Could you explain to the rest of us that are unable to think or debate, what you think are the highlights of this video, the most important points he makes, and why they are so important?
    That would be a great help.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

somniatis said:

From your favourite "main stream" man on Youtube - Dr John Campbell.

I saw this guy start to question the narrative when he discovered that the Government and the MSM wasn't telling us about the importance of Vitamin D...

Too much for me to unpack so watch Dr Campbell walk you through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHvwWWcjYw

Any "newspapers" reporting this?

Could you explain to the rest of us that are unable to think or debate, what you think are the highlights of this video, the most important points he makes, and why they are so important?
    Doing this may stop people thinking that you post stuff and disappear, and that you are incapable of ever answering any questions about anything.

It would also change my view that you are unlikely to answer the questions I have posed this morning.
  • Options
    somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    @ Haysie - Unlike you I don't live in these forums. You need to get out more often.
  • Options
    We're kinda fond of Swampy he stir's up the mud.!
  • Options
    somniatis said:

@ Haysie - Unlike you I don't live in these forums. You need to get out more often.

As predicted.
  • Options
    somniatis said:

Thankyou, but I dont think I need any advice from you.
  • Options
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
  • Options
    somniatis said:

Do you think it may be time to review your missionary activities?
  • Options
    Nothing like a good Missionary position lighten up the night. cough!
  • Options
    "From your favourite "main stream" man on Youtube - Dr John Campbell. " Was a call back to this post.

"Quote" from "Tikay10" @MAXALLY

"Good spot Alan, I've been following this fella for a while now, very sensible, very balanced."

https://community.skypoker.com/discussion/183839/covid-the-omicron-variant-videos-to-watch

Kinda embarrassingly bad when you consider Tikay's post on this thread:

Tikay10 said:

" Is he really a Doctor in the recognisable sense?

Readers & viewers should bear in mind he has a bit of a reputation, & is not someone we should give much credit to judging by his previous You Tube Vids. (IMO, of course).

So I doubt the credible media will take much notice of his views. I certainly won't.

Here's his Wiki page;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)"

Hypocrisy is alive and well folks!

@ Haysie - Do you want to ask Tikay why he's not defending his hero?

• Options
    somniatis said:

"From your favourite "main stream" man on Youtube - Dr John Campbell. " Was a call back to this post.

"Good spot Alan, I've been following this fella for a while now, very sensible, very balanced."

https://community.skypoker.com/discussion/183839/covid-the-omicron-variant-videos-to-watch

Tikay10 said:

Readers & viewers should bear in mind he has a bit of a reputation, & is not someone we should give much credit to judging by his previous You Tube Vids. (IMO, of course).

So I doubt the credible media will take much notice of his views. I certainly won't.

Here's his Wiki page;

@Tikay10 is able to speak for himself.
    Any questions you have for him, you can ask him yourself.
    Although yet again, I am not sure you have the correct end of the stick.
    Was this post supposed to be another revelation?
    How do you think your missionary work is going?
  • Options
    Pwned!
  • Options
    somniatis said:

Pwned!

HAYSIE Member Posts: 18,204
    January 21 edited January 21
    In November 2021, Campbell made false claims about the use of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment.[3] A few weeks later, another widely-viewed video of his was used by anti-vaccination activists to support the misinformation that COVID vaccines cause widespread heart attacks, which he had not said.[4]

COVID-19 misinformation
    Further information: Ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic
    In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. However, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country—its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment.[3] Meaghan Kall, the lead epidemiologist for COVID-19 at the UK Health Security Agency, said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation. Further, Kall said that there was no evidence of ivermectin being used in large numbers in Japan; rather, she said it "appears this was based on anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging misinformation".[3]

In November 2021, Campbell quoted from a non-peer-reviewed journal abstract by Steven Gundry saying that mRNA vaccines might cause heart problems. Campbell said he was not sure about the claim or its quality, but did not mention the expression of concern that had been published for the abstract, saying instead that it could be "incredibly significant". The video was viewed over 2 million times within a few weeks and was used by anti-vaccination activists as support for the misinformation that COVID-19 vaccination will cause a wave of heart attacks. According to a FactCheck review, Campbell had in his video drawn attention to the poor quality of the research on which these claims were based, pointing to typos in the abstract, poor methodology, and a lack of clear data.[4]

HAYSIE Member Posts: 18,204
    January 22
    Very big on YouTube re: Covid disinformation.

COVID-19 misinformation
    Further information: COVID-19 misinformation § Ivermectin

3. You are spreading disinformation about Covid -- STOP IT STOP IT NOW

In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that Ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. In reality, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country—its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment.[3] Meaghan Kall, the Lead Epidemiologist at the UK Health Security Agency said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation, and that even so there was no evidence of ivermectin use in Japan; rather, the story was based on "anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging misinformation".[3]

In November 2021, Campbell quoted from a non-peer-reviewed journal abstract by Steven Gundry saying that mRNA vaccines might cause heart problems. Campbell said he was not sure about the claim or its quality, but did not mention the expression of concern that had been published for the abstract, saying instead that it could be "incredibly significant". The video was viewed over 2 million times within a few weeks and was seized upon by anti-vaccination activists as support for the misinformation that vaccines cause heart attacks.[8]

The ONS responded after tweets by Davis suggesting that the figure 17,371 represented the death toll in people with no other underlying causes. Davis tweeted: “Up to the end of September 2021, the official count of the deaths of people with Covid was 137,133.” He added a freedom of information (FoI) request indicated only 17,371 of those deaths occurred in people with no underlying causes.

The FoI request to the ONS asked for all deaths in which Covid had been given as the sole cause on the death certificate, which is about a tenth of the generally stated toll.

James Tucker, an analyst at the ONS, said that to suggest the lower figure “represents the real extent of deaths from the virus is both factually incorrect and highly misleading”. It was common for Covid victims to have had a pre-existing health condition, but that did not mean they were at “imminent risk of dying from that condition, or even considered to have reduced life expectancy”, he wrote in a blog.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/ons-debunks-spurious-covid-deaths-132200462.html

I am at a loss,
    There was a fair bit of debate surrounding the first video you posted on this thread.
    Yet you havent seen fit to defend your hero.
    You just disappeared for a bit.
    Phil just said the latest video was misleading.
    Why arent you defending the guy?

I find it strange that you would post a video, bill it as a revelation, and then, despite the fact that the majority of the posts that followed, criticised your revelation, you have not made the slightest attempt to defend your chap.
    You have not argued with a single post that criticised him.
    Not one.
    Why is that?

You are not on the forum to debate anything?
    You post a misleading video to help the rest of us debate, and think?
    Thanks very much.
    So you do see yourself as a missionary?
    Could you explain exactly what you think has been sadly lacking for 2 years?
    What happened 2 years ago to change the forum?
    And how posting a misleading video got the job done?
    What was the job that got done?

I think your condescending posts have reached new heights.

This is just my view, but I think your time would be better spent playing poker, rather than being the self appointed missionary for the forum.

Doing this may stop people thinking that you post stuff and disappear, and that you are incapable of ever answering any questions about anything.

It would also change my view that you are unlikely to answer the questions I have posed this morning.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    somniatis said:

Pwned!

Why would you think that I am responsible for anything that @Tikay10 has said on the forum?
    Or that I should be responsible for answering questions about what he has said on the forum?
    Why dont you just ask him yourself?
    Why would you want to involve me?
    Why dont you answer the questions I have asked you?
  • Options
    somniatis said:

Pwned!

I ask you a load of questions about stuff you have posted, and comments you have made.
    You have made no attempt to answer any of them.
    Not one.
    In response you ask me questions about some stuff @Tikay10 has posted.
    I refuse to answer because I feel it would be discourteous to answer on his behalf, even if I knew the answers he would give.
    And as a result I am owned.
    Really?
    You are seriously deluded.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,994
    edited January 2022
    somniatis said:

Tikay10 said:

Here's his Wiki page;

Not embarrassing, & not hypocrisy.

I was a genuine fan of his until late 2021 when he suddenly became a fan of ivermectin as a COVID cure. Once he went down that road I changed my mind based on him changing his stance.

There's a few words you rarely see on a CT thread - I changed my mind.

• Options
    somniatis said:

Pwned!

I rest my case.
    I dont suppose it will occur to you to apologise to @Tikay10?
    That is about as likely as you being able to answer a question?
    Thanks for the revelation.