You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Happy birthday Sky Poker

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

DOB varies according to who you ask, but either yesterday, today or tomorrow, Sky Poker officially turns 15.

Life expectancy for online poker sites that were born in the mid noughties was about 3 years, and hundreds of them have fallen by the wayside, dozens alone here in the UK.

Despite going through a variety of different parents (Sky Broadcasting, CVC Capital, PokerStars & now Flutter), Sky Poker is stull here. We've had plenty of highs, plenty of lows, & a few in-betweens.

Quite a journey one way & another. We should organise a party for next year's 16th.

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,161
    edited January 2022
    Beers on SKYPoker then,

.......... 'coz you're not allowed to drink 'til you're 18 ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Quite a journey one way & another. We should organise a party for next year's 16th.

I hear No 10 is free if you want to book it.
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    Happy Birthday. Mid-teens are troublesome and angsty - lets hope you pull through. I think I signed up in 2008 and so it has been a long friendship for me. Cheers SoLack (age 58 and 11 12ths)
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,525
    Happy Birthday. Do not know how long I have been a member of sky poker, now a life member.
    From day one, it was like joining a family.
    From time to time you have your disagreements, but you get along.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Autumn 2007 for me. So my 15 years are a few months off. But I did meet my spouse on here and we celebrate 12 years of marriage in September!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    wynne1938 said:

Happy Birthday. Do not know how long I have been a member of sky poker, now a life member.
    From day one, it was like joining a family.
    From time to time you have your disagreements, but you get along.

@wynne1938

You joined June 2009 wynne ...... and you've posted nearly 20.000 times

If you click on your name (in blue alongside your Avatar piccy) on any post you've made, a bit of info comes up about you're history :)
  • Options
    TVSpice said:

Autumn 2007 for me. So my 15 years are a few months off. But I did meet my spouse on here and we celebrate 12 years of marriage in September!

@TVSpice

Wow, congratulations.

Anyone else we know who met their partner via Sky Poker?
  • Options

BEAST

Now cash in the Major & make it all worthwhile.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Well done.

Good Luck
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Happy Birthday Sky. Shame there's not a special £15 Birthday MTT to celebrate
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited January 2022
    Happy Birthday. Only been on here for a small fraction of the 15 years, but it's a nice, close-knit community and a good environment to play poker in.

Hopefully many more years to come.
  • Options
    fredsgirlfredsgirl Member Posts: 883
    happy birthday my favourite.. working out how i can send u 12yrs of spts xx

• Options
    fredsgirl said:

happy birthday my favourite.. working out how i can send u 12yrs of spts xx

@fredsgirl

Lovely memories, too.

xx
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Tikay10 said:

BEAST

Now cash in the Major & make it all worthwhile.

fell short sadly.....out in 42nd

Got 'Crushyd' ....... Lost 5 flips to him :/

.... but had a lot of FUN .... and kept Danny @madprof entertained :)

I did go out just before 49ers game started ....... must have known I'm a fan :p
  • Options
    FINSFINS Member Posts: 1,080
    Happy 15th Birthday Sky Poker , I remember when you were in nappies :):) Time is flying..
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Happy Birthday Sky think I started around 2010 can you find out when you first joined? Was heartbroken when Sky Poker TV finished watching Tikay and Richard Orford jousting with each other was hilarious.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    DoyleBrun said:

Happy Birthday Sky think I started around 2010 can you find out when you first joined? Was heartbroken when Sky Poker TV finished watching Tikay and Richard Orford jousting with each other was hilarious.

@DoyleBrun

Username DoyleBrun Joined April 2012 Visits 1,632 Last Active 14:40 Roles Member Points 70 Posts 1,280
    Reactions 0, Promote 4, Insightful 3, Disagree 11, Agree 55, Like 24, LOL 0, Spam 0, Abuse Activity
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    MISTY4ME said:

DoyleBrun said:

@DoyleBrun

Username DoyleBrun Joined April 2012 Visits 1,632 Last Active 14:40 Roles Member Points 70 Posts 1,280
    Reactions 0, Promote 4, Insightful 3, Disagree 11, Agree 55, Like 24, LOL 0, Spam 0, Abuse Activity
    I think that's joined the forum mate , it's showing me as joined June 2009 but i signed up in Feb 2008