You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Tuesday 15th March - chrisdonkb, here, there & everywhere

2»

Comments

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited March 2022

Tikay10 said:

7 at 7 Bounty Hunter (£777)

My OCD is getting worse - or do I mean better? It really should not give me a tinge of excitement when the £7 plus £0.70 7 @ 7 makes exactly £777, but it does. Plus I'm a plane-spotting nerd, so much so that on my last trip to the USA I spent a day doing the Boeing Factory Tour up in Seattle & then spent £500 in the Boeing gift shop. For the non-nerds amongst you, the connection of course is the magnificent beast pictured below, and I'll be happy beyond words if some of you make the connection.

Nothing out of the ordinary here, though for those who enjoy these things, take a look at the Sharky graph of AlexaAJ for the last 12 months. It's a beaut. Went on to make it a double later when winning Mega. Not sure Alexa has ever graced the Forum with a post though. Maybe today's the day? It's the hope that keeps us going, the journey not the destination.

The rest of the FT have all been popping up with results recently too.

@AlexaAJ 222000 1 £108.59 + £63.43 Head Prizes 9

@SNOOPY616_ 0 2 £66.24 + £35.11 Head Prizes 9

@BeachBody 0 3 £40.79 + £33.48 Head Prizes 8

@supercrazy 0 4 £32.83 + £7.37 Head Prizes 2

@evoecfc 0 5 £27.97 + £5.26 Head Prizes 2

@mogster3 0 6 £24.09 + £13.65 Head Prizes 4

BOEING 777 by any chance @Tikay10 . Also is in "American" livery?
    Think its actually Air Canada livery?

What on earth costs £500 in a boeing gift shop? A 737? 😂
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    Glenelg said:

Tikay10 said:

My OCD is getting worse - or do I mean better? It really should not give me a tinge of excitement when the £7 plus £0.70 7 @ 7 makes exactly £777, but it does. Plus I'm a plane-spotting nerd, so much so that on my last trip to the USA I spent a day doing the Boeing Factory Tour up in Seattle & then spent £500 in the Boeing gift shop. For the non-nerds amongst you, the connection of course is the magnificent beast pictured below, and I'll be happy beyond words if some of you make the connection.

Nothing out of the ordinary here, though for those who enjoy these things, take a look at the Sharky graph of AlexaAJ for the last 12 months. It's a beaut. Went on to make it a double later when winning Mega. Not sure Alexa has ever graced the Forum with a post though. Maybe today's the day? It's the hope that keeps us going, the journey not the destination.

@Glenelg

Ahh yes, you are correct.

We bought all sorts in there. Some beautiful cut crystal Boeing glasses, numerous books, some branded clothing, photos, wall posters, the full works.
  • Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    edited March 2022
    I would love a diary Tikay. How lucky is @chrisdonkb by the way!
  • Options
    IamAll_EnIamAll_En Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for the great effort you put into these write ups as always Tikay. Last night was a relief, thankfully just come out the other side of a mental health downswing and I’m back to being able to play somewhat reasonable. Stay healthy all x
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Glenelg said:

Tikay10 said:

Only the 800 series lol.........Too soon ?
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    @Tikay10

"Can't think of a single example of the opposite though, a female using a male name - can you?"
    "Tina aka karlluke her second (in consecutive days)"

Marvellous.

Excellent punnage today. At least three I approved of.

I am enjoying the new style.

I would be interested in a diary.
    I find everyday life stuff quite interesting, more so than poker diaries but that may be more to do with how dull I really am.
    I'm curious to know more.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

@Tikay10

"Can't think of a single example of the opposite though, a female using a male name - can you?"
    "Tina aka karlluke her second (in consecutive days)"

Marvellous.

Excellent punnage today. At least three I approved of.

I am enjoying the new style.

I would be interested in a diary.
    I find everyday life stuff quite interesting, more so than poker diaries but that may be more to do with how dull I really am.
    I'm curious to know more.

@dragon1964

I was particularly pleased with one of them.
  • Options
    TimmyRaRaTimmyRaRa Member Posts: 906
    Tikay10 said:

£1,000 Bounty Hunter @ 18.30 (£1,030)

Afternoon.

Before I start, I'm pleased (so far) with the new style thread though it's still a work in progress. Average Views have ticked up to over 200 per day, which is both a lot, & not a lot, depending how full your glass is.

I've not started the Sports Thread I promised yet, due to a) time issues & b) my appalling time management skills. Or unskills. Bear with me a little longer please.

What I have noticed is how many new posters have emerged on the threads to comment upon results when they have been name-checked. It really is quite striking how many people read these threads & rarely comment, though I have no problem there as it's really a "read only" thread for the most part. But it's always lovely to hear from "new" posters.

I'm seriously tempted to start a little Diary too. Just, you know, life stuff, poker stuff, all sorts. I live alone & I think a lot about all sorts. Amazing stuff, like my various poker trips to Russia, the memories prompted by the current ghastly Ukraine thing. And less amazing stuff, like when I got up this morning at 0630 & when I turned the lights on & a light bulb exploded, blowing all the fuses - which is of no interest to anyone anywhere, but made me more grumpy than usual. And some stuff went down yesterday which depressed me more than it really should. Just waffling about life in general I suppose, which is hardly going to make the Best Sellers list. And I'm not too keen on giving Team Negative Ninny the ammo to have fun behind my back at my expense when I bare my soul though, so I'll probably pass.

Anyway, for those who read regularly, thank you.

On we go then.

We start with a big big win for Ed46 who has a pleasantly brief alias. Short aliases are a bit like personal car registrations, they have a certain niche value. He tends to play 1 or 2 games each night, a mixture of £2 & £5 Tourneys & has a £4 ABI. So a very decent result indeed, well done Ed.

In 4th was thedazzman, who potters around in a variety of stuff & does very well in the MML. He seems a largely positive guy, glass always half full, & rarely disses others. Like & like. Has a lovely looking Sharky graph too.

5th was kawamattyz, an alias I dislike intensely, as I struggle to spell it properly. I much prefer, say, bert21 who was runner-up because I can (sometimes) type that without making a mistake. There's no pleasing me some days, is there? Perhaps I belong to Team Negative Ninny already.

@Ed46 412000 1 £138.33 + £74.97 Head Prizes 12

@bert21 0 2 £82.55 + £1.88 Head Prizes 1

@u_owe_me 0 3 £49.23 + £30.58 Head Prizes 9

@thedazzman 0 4 £38.73 + £3.51 Head Prizes 1

@kawamattyz 0 5 £32.96 + £42.99 Head Prizes 12

@cdfgtyujk 0 6 £27.60 + £10.32 Head Prizes 5
    Safe them great light bulb stories for Brighton please!