You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site Issues, Thursday evening, 28th July. Now Resolved?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
edited July 2022 in Poker Chat
Some of you are being affected by site issues which, amongst other things keeps logging some players out.

As far as I can tell, around 25% of the player base are affected.

All appropriate resource have now been made aware, & they are working collectively to identify & solve the root cause.

Identifying the root cause is the hard part, once they do that rectifying should be straightforward, one hopes.

I'll try & keep you updated as to progress, or lack of.

Apologies if your evening's enjoyment is marred, but they are doing their best to get it sorted.

Comments

• Options

Update

The problem appears to have been resolved and the site is now operating normally.

However, the root cause has still to be determined, so until it is, it's possible it may re-occur.

Investigations to determine the root cause are continuing.

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Having problems with sky poker.
    No connection and yet no problems my network
  • Options
    Back in now

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Already mentioned elsewhere, but thanks again for the prompt updates regarding the site issues this evening @Tikay10, especially with us all getting a bit frustrated. Hopefully the issue won't reoccur.
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Just happened to me again same issue
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    benc said:

Just happened to me again same issue

me too
  • Options
    BAZBAZ Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, it's doing it again now. Clearly some unresolved issue. I'm not playing any more tonight, could prove costly!
  • Options
    robtimrobtim Member Posts: 17
    Confirmed still f'ed.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    edited July 2022
    Little wonder traffic keeps on sliding.

I would say can the last one to leave turn off the lights but the chances are they will turn themselves off before someone pops along to say everything will be fine soon.
  • Options
    LittleGJLittleGJ Member Posts: 14
    I'm still having issues as well.
  • Options

11pm Thursday

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear some of you are having issues again. As I noted earlier, the problem cleared itself, but the root cause had not been discovered, & until it does, the problem may persist intermittently for some of you.

A full scale investigation is scheduled for Friday morning, & until then I'm afraid there's not much can be done.

I'm not sure I can get hold of anyone tonight, but I'll update you in the morning as soon as I have some news.

I'm told the Browser is working OK, it's the Download client where the problems occur, but I've no idea if that is fair comment.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    Would it be possible for someone from upper management to conduct a public forum at the upcoming SPT Manchester to hear concerns from the customer base please. It happened once years ago and I think a lot of loyal players will appreciate the opportunity.
  • Options
    TommyD said:

Would it be possible for someone from upper management to conduct a public forum at the upcoming SPT Manchester to hear concerns from the customer base please. It happened once years ago and I think a lot of loyal players will appreciate the opportunity.

@TommyD

Hi Tommy,

I can't speak for the Suits, obviously, but they are or will all be reading it as I've sent them a link.

If you are at SPT Manchester there's nothing to stop you chatting with James or Sam though, both are very approachable.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    Tikay10 said:

TommyD said:

@TommyD

Hi Tommy,

I can't speak for the Suits, obviously, but they are or will all be reading it as I've sent them a link.

If you are at SPT Manchester there's nothing to stop you chatting with James or Sam though, both are very approachable.
    I'm not hoping for the continuation of myself and other people being managed individually. I feel under the circumstances which have continued for quite some time my suggestion is extraordinarily reasonable and I'll leave it at that for those higher ups reading to respond to as they see fit.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    TommyD said:

Tikay10 said:

TommyD said:

@TommyD

Hi Tommy,

I'm not hoping for the continuation of myself and other people being managed individually. I feel under the circumstances which have continued for quite some time my suggestion is extraordinarily reasonable and I'll leave it at that for those higher ups reading to respond to as they see fit.
    @TommyD

Perfectly reasonable, yes, but I'm not in a position to speak for them.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

TommyD said:

@TommyD

Hi Tommy,

Not saying they aren't senior but what about the people above them? The people at the level who make a decision about investing in the software.
  • Options
    Having problems logging in
  • Options
    I can log in to the forum,but not register for any poker game,Keeps asking me to log in
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

I can log in to the forum,but not register for any poker game,Keeps asking me to log in

Not much I can do at this time of night mate, maybe best to log off for the night if it keeps playing up.
  • Options
    dontazemedontazeme Member Posts: 15
    Tikay10 said:

11pm Thursday

I'm told the Browser is working OK, it's the Download client where the problems occur, but I've no idea if that is fair comment.
    The browser version has the same issue.