You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site Issues, Thursday evening, 28th July. Now Resolved?

Comments

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    dontazeme said:

Tikay10 said:

11pm Thursday

I'm told the Browser is working OK, it's the Download client where the problems occur, but I've no idea if that is fair comment.
    The browser version has the same issue.

I tried via browser and had the same issue as, I suspect, did many others.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Still an issue at 5:30am - both client and browser instantly logging me out the moment I try to open a table.
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    These are the nastiest gremlins I've ever come across on ANY site never mind poker. They literally boot you out seconds after logging in.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Ditto. I can't play at all but it seems like some people can as there are games still running in the lobby.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,667

Ditto. I can't play at all but it seems like some people can as there are games still running in the lobby.

@kapowblamz

It's hard to be specific, but monitoring seems to suggest it is affecting around 25% of the active players.
  • Options

Update, 0906 Friday

The problem has continued through the night, but please be assured the full Tech Team are on the case.

When there is any further news, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Well, I'm playing from Cardiff and on Sky broadband, which is Openreach, if it helps to pinpoint the issue.
  • Options

Update at 10.07am Friday

Are you still experiencing the problems. It SEEMS to be OK for me & many of the previously affected players.

Feedback appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    So far so good
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    I gave up last night.

A note for the tech team if reading this though. A few weeks ago, Sky Bet was auto logging out every few seconds/minutes. It corrected itself fairly quickly though so probably went unnoticed to many. Even though the same 'platform' is used, it may be worth checking out the fault history with that side of the fence.

Plus a tech team rep actually coming on the Forum with a response would be more ideal than leaving poor old Tikay to absorb the flack.
  • Options
    WhizzewkyWhizzewky Member Posts: 29
    All is well! I managed to play double my usual dyms up until 3am. The problem was painful, but if people had a little patience and logged in 7 or 8 times eventually it would let you register for a game and all my games were played fully. Once they started there were no further issues.

Nobody likes issues on the site, this one has been probably the most disruptive. However as a veteran of 14 years and 200,000+ games i've had less than 10 days where Sky has had problems, and most of those have been fixed. within hours of it happening.

I was disheartened to see another veteran tommyD who if my guess is right has made a good living from Sky over the years, almost demanding that the suits come and apologise and say what they are going to do in the future.

It will be a sad day when and if Sky folds, i and thousands of others have had years of entertainment, and i personally don't think all the negative vibes i'm hearing every day are valid.

We live in a world where it's expected that everything works like a Rolex watch. Skypoker may not be the Rolls Royce it once was. However i still believe it's the best site and the knockers should be wary...keep moaning and the suits might say enough is enough.
  • Options
    robtimrobtim Member Posts: 17
    "Seems to be ok" has cost me a few buy ins so far :D
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited July 2022
    Whizzewky said:

All is well! I managed to play double my usual dyms up until 3am. The problem was painful, but if people had a little patience and logged in 7 or 8 times eventually it would let you register for a game and all my games were played fully. Once they started there were no further issues.

Nobody likes issues on the site, this one has been probably the most disruptive. However as a veteran of 14 years and 200,000+ games i've had less than 10 days where Sky has had problems, and most of those have been fixed. within hours of it happening.

I was disheartened to see another veteran tommyD who if my guess is right has made a good living from Sky over the years, almost demanding that the suits come and apologise and say what they are going to do in the future.

It will be a sad day when and if Sky folds, i and thousands of others have had years of entertainment, and i personally don't think all the negative vibes i'm hearing every day are valid.

We live in a world where it's expected that everything works like a Rolex watch. Skypoker may not be the Rolls Royce it once was. However i still believe it's the best site and the knockers should be wary...keep moaning and the suits might say enough is enough.

At what point should players say enough is enough? Lots of people have made a good living from skypoker but have also paid a lot of rake. Based on scope I have paid nearly £100k in rake and that excludes cash games. Should we only complain when the software is 20years out of date? Other sites you play on have regular updates to their software, sky is miles behind. Loyalty has to go both ways
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,639
    MattBates said:

Whizzewky said:

At what point should players say enough is enough? Lots of people have made a good living from skypoker but have also paid a lot of rake. Based on scope I have paid nearly £100k in rake and that excludes cash games. Should we only complain when the software is 20years out of date? Other sites you play on have regular updates to their software, sky is miles behind. Loyalty has to go both ways
    I think when I look at the much lower variance on sky and the higher win rates I have on sky vs other sites I for the most part now have come to accept it as a trade off. I have in the past been quite visibly upset on the forums over issues before but I think on balance there is something to what you say.

However there has already been people commenting on the traffic falling previously and these issues do likely lose us players. Further if in the future this cost me a very strong position in the main I may be irate as others may be.

We currently have a promotion starting next month which is aimed at encouraging players to play as much as possible. Hopefully we do not have issues during that month.

One thing I think may be a helpful adaptation is some sort of fail safe to unregister from tournaments or SNGS if someone is having issues. Like a button people could click that unregisters from all. The reason I say this is usually when I play on sky I quickly register for all the tournaments I plan to play that day. If there are issues of constant disruption I would rather not been on the hook to losing several hundred by blinding out if I am unable to get back in. Or maybe a software improvement where by if someone is sitting out/inactive across all tables it auto unregisters them?

Fortunately I have yet to have an issue like this But it would be comforting if there was some sort of fail safe in the software.

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    Whizzewky said:

Cleary not what I said. I was asking for a public forum for questions and concerns to be aired. To say I was 'almost demanding that the suits come and apologise' is utterly misrepresenting what I said. Plus SkyPoker have actually done the thing I have asked for years ago so this is not new ground. Everything I have suggested and said I believe to be 100% reasonable and appropriate. Attacking my reasonable dialogue by trying to reframe it as aggressive is a well worn tactic I've seen before and won't be responding to in kind, however while I don't recognise your name you'd be welcome to pop along too if this meeting happens. I would suggest any regular player would like to.
  • Options
    WhizzewkyWhizzewky Member Posts: 29
    Oh my! What real issues have you had over the years Mattbates? I am surprised and disgusted that you have posted in this forum. I have paid over £50,000 in rake. Some would say i'm a losing player £4,500 down on shark. Others know that i make a few quid from rakeback and other promotions, so in reality i have made my hobby a profitable one. It has been a frustrating period of my life as i'd hoped to move through the levels, to make a decent amount from poker. This has not been the case,and yet i am obviously in the minority when i say i am totally (with a few minor issues) happy with my 14 years on sky. You have had run good on Sky for years . i won't say how much you've won but it's obscene. Sky have treated you like royalty and given you access to all the trappings of a ''celebrity'' and yet you of all people are bemoaning the software issues. I'm baffled as to why you have posted anything at all, but of course i know just like the many other 'poker pros' on the site GREED is a real and concerning trait.

TOMMYD i apologise if i have read your posts wrong (even though you don't know me!) I have been a long time admirer of your game. The posts in my view seemed almost hostile and an ultimatum. However if this kind of attitude has got stuff done in the past then i salute you and i wish you good luck in your future ventures.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Whizzewky said:

Oh my! What real issues have you had over the years Mattbates? I am surprised and disgusted that you have posted in this forum. I have paid over £50,000 in rake. Some would say i'm a losing player £4,500 down on shark. Others know that i make a few quid from rakeback and other promotions, so in reality i have made my hobby a profitable one. It has been a frustrating period of my life as i'd hoped to move through the levels, to make a decent amount from poker. This has not been the case,and yet i am obviously in the minority when i say i am totally (with a few minor issues) happy with my 14 years on sky. You have had run good on Sky for years . i won't say how much you've won but it's obscene. Sky have treated you like royalty and given you access to all the trappings of a ''celebrity'' and yet you of all people are bemoaning the software issues. I'm baffled as to why you have posted anything at all, but of course i know just like the many other 'poker pros' on the site GREED is a real and concerning trait.

TOMMYD i apologise if i have read your posts wrong (even though you don't know me!) I have been a long time admirer of your game. The posts in my view seemed almost hostile and an ultimatum. However if this kind of attitude has got stuff done in the past then i salute you and i wish you good luck in your future ventures.

There are many interesting characters on this forum and plenty of ridiculous posts over the years, so you've done well to top that list.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Whizzewky said:

Sorry it has taken a while to respond been super busy with autograph hunters outside my house given I am such a celebrity.

I have done very well on sky, it is no secret. I have put a lot of time and effort into making that money though. You are in some kind of dream world if you think I have been treated like royalty. I went on the show a couple of times as did lots of people. I do feel I have been treated well by the sky guys at live events and when I have had problems on the site but I have also been a loyal customer and paid a lot of rake and I do think they treat people well. You have Tikay who will go above and beyond what you would expect but he does that for most people because that is what he is like and he wants customers to have a good experience. I have no issue with the guys that work for sky, I think they do a good job but also think their hands are tied with the tools (the software) they are provided with.

You say about players being greedy, it is a job for a lot of players so of course they want to maximise earnings from that job. Do you take issue with people in other jobs wanting to earn more money?

Not sure what to say about you hoping to move through the levels, poker isn’t easy. Most people have to work extremely hard on and off the tables to do well. Maybe you need to be a bit greedy to have the desire to work hard and do well rather than just hoping it happens/moaning about others that do well. Or you have to accept that having a hobby that you enjoy and doesn’t cost you any money is a good thing.

So because I have won a lot of money I can’t say anything about the quality of software provided which was considered not up to the job probably at least five years ago probably more and is still not updated? I can’t speak for the sky staff but I doubt they think the software provided is good and am sure they would like a platform that would help them compete against the other sites. Allow them to market a modern product. I am not that bothered about the issue the other night although I think not having resource on hand at peak times to resolve things doesn’t seem very good. My issue is the software which was going to be updated for years and years and hasn’t (for various reasons).

Surprised you aren’t aware of the software limitations which have been discussed consistently through the years on the forum. Probably forgetting a lot but….
    Most sites have antes (or at least the option of them), tournament tickets, lobbys that always update, you can always see your cards first hand of a FT, auto rebuy/add on, option for custom bet sizings/stacks in bb. It has been better recently but there was the spell of mass crashes.

I am assuming you haven’t played on other sites so don’t have an understanding of the differences in software between sky and the other sites.

I have moved the majority of my volume elsewhere, I am fine doing that but I would actually like sky to thrive but it can only do that with better software. Only looking at MTT/SNG I have paid about 1/3 of the rake this year compared to same period last year.
    Enquiring over the possibility of a meeting with those that make these decisions which has been done before seems perfectly reasonable to me.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2022
    The main issue is what is going to happen to Skypoker.

For many years now, it would appear there has been no desire to improve the software or to promote the site.

It seems to be just lingering along.